Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,273 members, 7,947,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. (370 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Preventing Video Game Addiction In Kids / Help Gambling Addiction!!! It's Ruining Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Nice2023(m): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stopping gambling addiction in Nigeria, like anywhere else, requires commitment, self-discipline, and a combination of various strategies. Here are some steps that can be taken towards overcoming gambling addiction:

1. Admit the problem: Recognize and admit that you have a gambling addiction and that it is causing harm to your life, relationships, and financial well-being.

2. Seek professional help: Consult a mental health professional or addiction counselor who specializes in gambling addiction to guide you through the recovery process.

3. Build a support network: Reach out to family, friends, or support groups who can provide encouragement, understanding, and assistance during your recovery journey.

4. Set financial limits and create a budget: Establish strict financial limits and avoid access to money or credit cards that can be used for gambling. Create a budget to help manage your finances and prevent impulsive spending.

5. Avoid triggers: Identify situations, people, or places that trigger your urge to gamble and try to avoid them. Fill your time with new hobbies, activities, or interests that can redirect your energy and focus.

6. Self-exclusion programs: Take advantage of self-exclusion programs or tools offered by gambling establishments, both offline and online, which can restrict your access to gambling activities.

7. Develop healthy coping mechanisms: Find healthier ways to cope with stress, boredom, and other emotions that may trigger your urge to gamble. This could include engaging in physical exercise, practicing mindfulness or meditation, or seeking support from others.

8. Restructure your social environment: Surround yourself with individuals who support your recovery and distance yourself from people who encourage or participate in gambling activities.

9. Practice self-care: Prioritize self-care activities such as getting enough sleep, eating well, and engaging in relaxation techniques. Taking care of your physical and mental well-being can help reduce the desire to gamble.

10. Stay accountable: Keep track of your progress, celebrate milestones, and be honest with yourself and others about any setbacks or relapses. Regularly evaluate your progress and adjust your strategies accordingly.

Remember, overcoming gambling addiction is a challenging process that requires sustained effort and a positive mindset. Professional assistance and support from your loved ones play a crucial role in your journey to recovery.
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Belteshazzar1: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
You will feel like yeah Soon u will see sure 2odd..
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Dimaya: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2023
If you have gambling issues, this video provides a few tips and cautionary tales towards overcoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP4QV93kSWI

Thank me later
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Babafixed1090: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2023
Hi I'm promise the best fixed match game I know the major league are over but we still fixed matchs from lower league my games are 100℅ sure. And most importantly we do pay after you win will have to pay 30% from your winning after you win the game. Contact me on WhatsApp only 08120125792
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Purvan(m): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Take two shots of sniper

I promise you won't regret it
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Proserpina: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Darlingme(f): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nice write up
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by Vifx: 3:26am On Aug 09, 2023
Gambling addiction can sometime to tied to joblessness
An acquaintance was as a matter of fact a bet9ja ambassador lol
After so much outcry from his family I got a 6 figure job
The man doesn't even have time for bet as he used to
Re: How To Stop Gambling Addiction In Nigeria. by saintopus(m): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2023
It baffled me really how people get addicted to gambling.

The issue is that, they have money that's why they gamble.

Who no get money dey gamble?

(1) (Reply)

This Is Bondage, Not Marriage. / Son Refuses To Bath / Assist Me Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.