Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,647 members, 7,918,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 09:56 PM

Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects (4830 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by emofine(f): 10:03am On Oct 11, 2011
It's fair in my opinion . . . well as long as the projects actually materialize.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 10:12am On Oct 11, 2011
emmke:

alj harem i have to give it to u, u have an amazing understanding of Nigeria (one of the best, if not the best, in this forum). Almost as if u have lived in all the states of the nation. Mehn, u are really good. Thumbs up wink

LOL thanks

But I support the movement for more funds to be given to ND.

reason :- they are the most patient group and the kindest group in this country.

You really see a ND person complain on this forum not to talk of really life. Militancy was not done for resource control but for Mr President and they have achieved that.

If The FG should build schools and good roads there then EVEN I WOULD BE HAPPY at least the money is going to somewhere in the country and not used to enrich some individuals smiley smiley smiley

Those are the sacrifices we all other Nigerians should be ready to make for the greater good of the country.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Ournaija: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2011
@ al harem

The South East/South South deserve more of FG projects. The problem with the North is not about siting projects but the problem of who to manage them and make them useful for the benefit of all. When I hear people saying that some States in the North are not viable and can`t stand by themselves, I just laugh. If FG projects/infrastructure located in States like Kaduna, Kano Jigawa, Katsina, Bauchi, Sokoto, Niger, even in your home State Borno, etc are properly utilized we wouldn`t be complaining of no jobs up there. Most projects aimed at alleviating poverty have been abandoned. People prefer to be spoon fed than think and work. Some buildings are left empty, even some agricultural aided programs were also abandoned. For what?

The leaders/governors of this region only wait for the monthly allocation from Abuja instead of thinking of ways of empowering the people with existing infrastructure to generate wealth. Same thing run from the state through to the local government and even to the families. Dependent on government must stop in the North if we truly want to grow as a nation.

Some of this infrastructures/project by the FG (not sate or private built) are rare in the South East/South South. Whenever projects are sited somewhere in the South South/East people in the North feel cheated. We must change people`s mentality in the North and encourage entrepreneurship spirit in the South East/South South.

Please encourage more of FG projects in these regions for the benefit of all.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by omoalayo(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2011
Why wont they gve dem attention, This is why it is gud to carry gun, Had it mean the militant has not protested nothing would ave appen even in the government of GEJ, d best way to speak 2 d government is carrying gun,
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by peleson: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2011
@musiwa.,.u should b ashamed of urself, nigeria is known 2day,NIGER DELTA, The money used to actualize all the capital project including ABUJA is from NIGER DELTA ok, Non came frm the North, Can u name any?So if the President decides to Develop ND to avoid militancy that will even cost the country more,What bad is in it? If the past leaders had distributed development homogeneously and ND developed as it should,Will FG be spending all that money right now?

The Amount of money being spent  is equal to the amount of negligence, marginalization and unequal distribution of wealth even as over 90% of Nigeria   income is from this area,

This Only Exposes the amount of Neglect, The NIGER DELTA Deserve even more
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2011
Ournaija:

@ al harem

The South East/South South deserve more of FG projects. The problem with the North is not about siting projects but the problem of who to manage them and make them useful for the benefit of all. When I hear people saying that some States in the North are not viable and can`t stand by themselves, I just laugh. If FG projects/infrastructure located in States like Kaduna, Kano Jigawa, Katsina, Bauchi, Sokoto, Niger, even in your home State Borno, etc are properly utilized we wouldn`t be complaining of no jobs up there. Most projects aimed at alleviating poverty have been abandoned. People prefer to be spoon fed than think and work. Some buildings are left empty, even some agricultural aided programs were also abandoned. For what?

The leaders/governors of this region only wait for the monthly allocation from Abuja instead of thinking of ways of empowering the people with existing infrastructure to generate wealth. Same thing run from the state through to the local government and even to the families. Dependent on government must stop in the North if we truly want to grow as a nation.

Some of this infrastructures/project by the FG (not sate or private built) are rare in the South East/South South. Whenever projects are sited somewhere in the South South/East people in the North feel cheated. We must change people`s mentality in the North and encourage entrepreneurship spirit in the South East/South South.

Please encourage more of FG projects in these regions for the benefit of all.

Sure the FG needs to be in the SS and SE. I support it not because the north and the west have cheated the country as Udezue suggested but because it is better for them to use it on SS and SE than using it to enrich themselves and moreover the SS people are one of the best Nigerians you can meet.

Moreover, apart from Lagos island and the refinery in kaduna, what does presence does the West and north have ?

you can also read my post below.
alj_harem:

LOL thanks

reason :- they are the most patient group and the kindest group in this country.

You really see a ND person complain on this forum not to talk of really life. Militancy was not done for resource control but for Mr President and they have achieved that.

If The FG should build schools and good roads there then EVEN I WOULD BE HAPPY at least the money is going to somewhere in the country and not used to enrich some individuals smiley smiley smiley

Those are the sacrifices we all other Nigerians should be ready to make for the greater good of the country.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by islamrules(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2011
@Udezue
@AljHarem, the last I checked the North and their Western house boys have been ruling the country and taking resources away from the East to develop their region after all they won the war. Abuja was made FCT, after Lagos and both places were developed at the detriment of ND / East.

Kaduna even has the largest and best oil refinery in the country yet Kaduna has not one drop of oil.
Lagos has a well developed and functioning seaport while from Warri, Onicha, PH to Calabar we have nothing but decaying and outdated ports.

The West and North have International Airports and Embassies while non exists in Old Midwest and Old East.
Years ago contracts meant for viable places like Onicha were given to Abeokuta only for it die its natural death there.
The Ogoni lost over 5000 of its ppl just to the FG to stop oil companies from killing their land and it will take decades for things to get back to normal for them.

Umuechem Igbo community of Rivers suffered brutality over their protest against oil companies in their land.

Odi/Ijo communities suffered the same.

Bakassi-Efik land was haned over to Cameroun like piece of cake with no respect for the wishes of the oil producing community.

Ukwa areas of Abia have also experienced pollution of their environment.

Need I say more?
99 percent of contracts should awarded to that region. We have been practicing too much self-help. We even built our own airport in Imo state.
We have paid our dues and its about time we get relief.

Leave Lagos out of your argument, Lagos generate its income. This was glaring during Obasanjo regime, when he did not give federal allocation to Lagos because of rift between him and Tinubu.

FG roads in Lagos are untended. So, south west is not enjoying anything.

To the topic, I think Niger/Delta deserves more than this. North was/is getting the highest due to their (scam) large numbers of state.

Let Niger/Delta get it, it is their right!
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Ournaija: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2011
alj_harem:

Sure the FG needs to be in the SS and SE. I support it not because the north and the west have cheated the country as Udezue suggested but because it is better for them to use it on SS and SE than using it to enrich themselves and moreover the SS people are one of the best Nigerians you can meet.

Moreover, apart from Lagos island and the refinery in kaduna, what does presence does the West and north have ?

you can also read my post below.

This is where you miss the point. When we talk of infrastructures and projects we didnt meant only big projects like refinery. We mean good roads, hospitals, electrification and so on. Have you gone through all the North to assess FG projects abandoned for nothing. I dont want to mention places not create, Even some agricultural projects aimed at providing food for the whole nation and beyond are also thrown away. People who were suppose to use this projects to provide food, create jobs have all joined politics. In some cases they simply wait at home to get FG allocation to be shared. The big work to do there is to change our peoples mentality. Don`t pretend not to know what am talking.

It`s not enough to site projects, people must go and use them. There are so many opportunities in the North there but people just turn blind eyes to them. I was there to grab some of these opportunities, unfortunately I left that end for fear of been Boko Haramed  grin  grin
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2011
Our oil, Our money
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by LordNaya: 11:56am On Oct 11, 2011
GEAJ should not forget his eastern brothers i.e the SE in terms of devt. If he does, then he is on his own because that will mean forgetin his trusted ally with its negative implications for his administration. Anyway, am not very worried becos Ndi Igbo in south south i.e anioma, rivers igbo and the asa igbo in akwa ibom are part of this niger delta bonanza. I wish Goodluck to the Eastern region.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by otokx(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2011
smh
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2011
And this on top federal allocations, increased derivation and NDDC. Still, nothing to show for all the attention and money, the state remains on of the most backward states in Nigeria. What a travesty,

how is this true? with all the various indices that shows the south south states clearly on top, be it in education or infratrutural developement,  why do you keep peddling lies?
i will give you a simple example, in all the six states in the ss, all of them except bayelsa have fully funtional,  viable airports, compare that to the south west with only one airport in lagos and a non viable one in ibadan, now tell me who is backward?
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
Okija_juju:

Our oil, Our money

LOL u mean ND oil
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2011
Ournaija:

This is where you miss the point. When we talk of infrastructures and projects we didnt meant only big projects like refinery. We mean good roads, hospitals, electrification and so on. Have you gone through all the North to assess FG projects abandoned for nothing. I dont want to mention places not create, Even some agricultural projects aimed at providing food for the whole nation and beyond are also thrown away. People who were suppose to use this projects to provide food, create jobs have all joined politics. In some cases they simply wait at home to get FG allocation to be shared. The big work to do there is to change our peoples mentality. Don`t pretend not to know what am talking.

It`s not enough to site projects, people must go and use them. There are so many opportunities in the North there but people just turn blind eyes to them. I was there to grab some of these opportunities, unfortunately I left that end for fear of been Boko Haramed  grin  grin

Thanks but please we have had 12 years of democratic rule and 37 or so for military rule

Tell me what project the North and west have that has been done by the FG

the only one i can remember is 3rd mainland brigbe ie the island

tell me one road the FG has done in the any northern state for the past 30 years

tell me any road the Fg has done in the SW for the past 40 years. I am not talking of lagos Island.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by OkparaIgbo: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL u mean ND oil

Forgettiii dont worry its our and i mean the Eastern Region Money.!! Not the West or the North so forget if the President is doing us good. If you dont like it flee to Togo or beg your Rep. Benin brothers to accommodate you.
Good Tiddings to SE and SS Regions cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
Delta and Edo were part of Western Region if i remember correctly
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Johndoe100(m): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL thanks

Sorry mr kanuri, but where did you get the part I highlighted? I and my people appreciate your support but do not speak for us, some of the stuff you say is embarrassing.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

Forgettiii dont worry its our and i mean the Eastern Region Money.!! Not the West or the North so forget if the President is doing us good. If you dont like it flee to Togo or beg your Rep. Benin brothers to accommodate you.
Good Tiddings to SE and SS Regions cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

keep deceiving yourself. that is all i have to say smiley
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by garsul: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
good that GEJ is spending this much in the ND, we hope the impact will be visible and felt such that the rest of the country will rest from the hulabaloo of the ND being neglected. and i pray that this will not end up like the trillions in FAAC, excess crude, 13% derivation and IGR accruings to the states government in this region over the past twelve years with nothing to show for it other than fat foreign accounts of the leaders of this region.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
Johndoe100:

Sorry mr kanuri, but where did you get the part I highlighted? I and my people appreciate your support but do not speak for us, some of the stuff you say is embarrassing.

Thanks for the appreciation, at the end of the day we are all Nigerians.

Not withstanding, Mend should keep blowing up piles etc since the oil drilling has not yet stopped and neither is ND Emancipated from Nigeria as a country

or what does MEND STAND FOR ?

"MEND's stated goals are to localize control of Nigeria's oil and to secure reparations from the federal government for pollution caused by the oil industry. In an interview with one of the group's leaders, who used the alias Major-General Godswill Tamuno, the BBC reported that MEND was fighting for "total control" of the Niger Delta's oil wealth, saying local people had not gained from the riches under the ground and the region's creeks and swamps."

Has any of those points been achieved ?

If not then Mend should continue blowing up things instead of warning Boko haram not to destroy Jonathan tenure.

Bini, Ibibio, efik, Ogoni, Itsekiri, Ilaje, Mahin, all these groups are not longer in Mend and are all ND groups so what emancipation of NIGER DELTA are they still fighting for ? with all these groups out of Mend

It was purely a political group to ensure Jonathan becomes the president with the conjunction of all ND groups from iTsekiri to ilaje urhobo etc, OPC/Afenifere, Ohaneze/massob, ogoin movement. Nothing more to it.

The really people fighting for Resource control and environmental degradation are the OGONI PEOPLE

That is the reality
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Ufeolorun(m): 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
Gridlock's 2015 war chest.  cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Shettima Appoints 3 Additional Special Advisers & 77 Special Assistants / Nigerians, Family Blast Kola Aluko Over $1.5 Million Extravagance Spending On Ch / See Photo Of Buhari's Missing Certificate And Some Funny Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.