Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,731 members, 7,905,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' (2251 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by 4getme1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2006
SIBLI_06:

Simple Seun have a poll and listen to your members.
I think they should be kept sepperate! They are seperate religions right?
I agree with charlisco 150% grin
Unmerge them simple!

Uhm. . . er. . . Just leave Seun alone. If I've misunderstood him in the past on this issue, I retract. cool

The thing is that he did take a poll - he said so! I believe him. Then he reversed it for our own good! Ni tori wa, he reversed it yet again. The gearbox jammed; so voila! - we are back here once again. grin

Now this molue chase will not solve our problem because before the present impassé, I didn't notice Muslims being active on the Religion Forum. The last I read in the Muslim childboard was between Christians - charlisco and mlks_baby! Now we are back here as one, but it seems to me that our friends have not been really participating, except for Idrisa - and I encourage him the more cheesy

Maybe they feel offended - people offend their religious sensibilities, etc. But ki lo de? Have Christians not been offended doubly and triply as well? Even some lines I read seems to me that some of us Christians have not been charitable enough with atheists, agnostics and even fellow Christians. One of my erudite debaters says 'Tolerance is the key word.' I could not agree more. I'm guilty of having driven my mouth rough with some of my brethren - I repent: please forgive me! I know in the past my yarnings also got the brunt side of my non-religious friends: sorry - pls 4give me!

Seun, U be correct man on this one. Sorry too, where I have misapplied my gear on U. cheesy The thing is that we can't really satisfy the world. I vote for Seun's manifesto - let's learn to be "Tolerant". If my Muslim brethren just want to read others' contributions without coughing, we shall try to understand with them. Maybe something will crop up in the future and then a popular concensus will inform the next decision - we wait till then.

As for me - I support everi-bodi 209%: we can remain in one Nairaland and seek the relevant threads to contribute to. We can remain in one concensus to learn tolerance with one another. And we can remain in one drive to be supportive of our understanding of humanity.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Seun(m): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2006
I took a poll before splitting the forum. Slightly more than 50% of respondents were against the change, but I went ahead with it anyway as an experiment. The experiment failed, so i reversed the decision.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by 4getme1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2006
Yes sir!! I support your manifesto at this proper time. When there is a call for something else, another poll will dictate whither we go. cheesy
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by dearzi(f): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2006
@Nwoke
Please, what's with this, i'm really confused, are you the same one as "Seun?" and "Alariwo?" dude men, it's hard to keep track of you!!! your name keeps changing, i'm guessing you will soon adopt a northern username, or you have one already
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by tng(f): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2007
Just joined the forum not long ago nd didnt know that the religion forum was split before. I think it is best if its split again so as avoid all the insults nd mockery of each otthers religion.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by babs787(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2007
I am just seeing the thread for the first time. I did not know that it was split. If there is going to be tolerance, it should not be separated afterall muslims and christians are closer to each other in some beliefs than Jews.

I am muslim, very happy being one and will die as a muslim (Insha Allah). Our creator does not want us to be quarelling over issues but rather prefer peaceful co-existence. We are all children of Adam and should try to maintain peace and harmony despite the difference in faith.

We can together address the issue of 'religious tolerance', misinterpretations of religions, grey area, poverty, unemployment etc, but if it going to result to a situation whereby a party will be mocked, ,insulted,not given equal chance to address issue(s) based on his/her religious perspective etc, then it should be separated for peace to reign.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by abdkabir(m): 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2007
Good One!
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by Ruddyface(f): 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2008
If you give Muslims a separate child board, would you also allow Shintoists to have theirs?

Unity is it but I hope unitary protagonists would also be able to stomach sharp contrary views and opinions? I doubt.
Re: Separation Of 'Muslim' And 'Christian' Sections Under 'Religion' by ifyalways(f): 3:04am On Aug 21, 2008
Is it possible that Christians wud have their own mini section/child board too like the Muslims?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many People Still Pay Tithe / Zombie's In Nigeria Mortuaries / Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.