Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,115 members, 7,880,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:44 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (135843 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by MatrixReloaded: 1:38pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

E pain am. Ethiopian permanent residency holder wey no fit dash man 100k. Broke ass nigga
Lair Ethiopia high bar than Chile.

Natural parks with tons of yankee tourist. I can sway one away and get U.S passport than wasting 5 years to get Chilean Residency.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21
MatrixReloaded:

Lair Ethiopia high bar than Chile.

Natural parks with tons of yankee tourist. I can sway one away and get U.S passport than wasting 5 years to get Chilean Residency.

War torn, famine ridden Ethiopia grin cheesy grin. US passport from iyana ipaja. Sanwo olu needs to deport you to ebonyi state so you can stop constituting a nuisance cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Zihno: 1:42pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

E pain am. Ethiopian permanent residency holder wey no fit dash man 100k. Broke ass nigga

Hello, can you send me $1k?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21
Gerrard59:

That is not true. He is receiving asylum stipends from the Chilean government.

Tensazangetsu20 is presently unemployed.

You forgot the extra I receive from prostituting my ass to Chilean men grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21
Zihno:

Ask MatrixReloaded or former Nigerian politician thief DrAkpa.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

You forgot the extra I receive from prostituting my ass to Chilean men grin grin grin

The government dey follow pay gay men stipends? shocked shocked

Damn! You should have informed since na. I love the breasts of men. Chilean men get big breasts?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by MatrixReloaded: 2:06pm On Jun 21
Zihno:

lipsrsealed stammerer na em you dey ask 1k dols
Two criminals
Gerrard59 tensazangetsu20 bastard fools
Re: Memoirs From Chile by MatrixReloaded: 2:10pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

War torn, famine ridden Ethiopia grin cheesy grin. US passport from iyana ipaja. Sanwo olu needs to deport you to ebonyi state so you can stop constituting a nuisance cheesy cheesy
Atleast dem dey map, u wey be tensazangetsu20 were u dey 4 map?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21
Gerrard59:

The government dey follow pay gay men stipends? shocked shocked

Damn! You should have informed since na. I love the breasts of men. Chilean men get big breasts?

Na big bele them get and small dick. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by oluyemi123: 4:38pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

They can't. Check from the embassy. Also Brazil is very insistent on getting a job in Brazil itself to switch from your student visa to a work visa. Be very very very sure. I would even call the embassy in Nigeria and ask them.
I think the issue of not working applies to students on scholarship with stipends. Student who are in private school or doesn't get stipends form GCUB scholarship can work and study .
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21
oluyemi123:

I think the issue of not working applies to students on scholarship with stipends. Student who are in private school or doesn't get stipends form GCUB scholarship can work and study .

https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/embaixada-helsinque/consular-services/student-visa-vitem-iv

Look at number 8. It's boldly stated that holders of a student visa aren't allowed to work. I will research this more if I wanted to go to Brazil.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by oluyemi123: 5:36pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/embaixada-helsinque/consular-services/student-visa-vitem-iv

Look at number 8. It's boldly stated that holders of a student visa aren't allowed to work. I will research this more if I wanted to go to Brazil.
I will go through thoroughly.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ihavesense: 6:18pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

Bro students can work in Brazil, especially remotely I have asked students there and they answered in the affirmative.
My concern is getting dev jobs.
It might be officially stated that students cannot work but they might not be hard on it as I follow YouTubers schooling in Brazil and working to support themselves.
Even a lady who is on gcub scholarship.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:30pm On Jun 21
ihavesense:

Bro students can work in Brazil, especially remotely I have asked students there and they answered in the affirmative.
My concern is getting dev jobs.
It might be officially stated that students cannot work but they might not be hard on it as I follow YouTubers schooling in Brazil and working to support themselves.
Even a lady who is on gcub scholarship.

Theres work in brazil sha. If you are allowed to work, then you are good.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ihavesense: 6:49pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

Theres work in brazil sha. If you are allowed to work, then you are good.
Sure, e no easy but the way things are getting hard in Nigeria right now, we have to roughen it up.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Tranquility2345: 8:32pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

Foolish old man. Phd my ass. With your stupid Phd your only achievement in your miserable dirty life is an australian passport which you stole Nigerias money for. What was your achievement as a house of reps member. I am sure your constituents till today have no running water, roads or schools. You thought I would have died of hunger in Chile according to your prediction fool. Phd in molecular biology my ass.

You actually believe that troll? 😂😂😂
Re: Memoirs From Chile by RodgersAkpafu: 8:38pm On Jun 21
ihavesense:

Sure, e no easy but the way things are getting hard in Nigeria right now, we have to roughen it up.

so you are just looking for way to "escape"
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:40pm On Jun 21
ihavesense:

Brazil was the first country I wanted migrating to but when I started the plans I hadn't gotten a job then in Nigeria but once I did my plans shifted to Chile. There's work in Brazil that I am very sure of. If you are in tech and skilled you would definitely find work there.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kaczynski: 8:44pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

Brazil was the first country I wanted migrating to but when I started the plans I hadn't gotten a job then in Nigeria but once I did my plans shifted to Chile. There's work in Brazil that I am very sure of. If you are in tech and skilled you would definitely find work there.

Job day Brazil especially tech but it's forking saturated
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:48pm On Jun 21
Kaczynski:

Depends on the field sha. I still have brazilian recruiters in my DM as I am talking to you chasing me for work.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ihavesense: 9:00pm On Jun 21
RodgersAkpafu:

so you are just looking for way to "escape"
Bro I am relatively comfortable in Nigeria right now but the future of this country is scary. We keep on hearing that the Nigeria will be better but it keep on getting worse. Now we are wishing to go back to the Buhari era when things were much better and during the Buhari government, we were wishing to go back to the Goodluck Jonathan era. Left for me, I am “ok” as a frontend developer with a job and other side gigs but what about my unborn children, the country looks like it has nothing to offer them in terms of opportunities especially without connection. I want them to be in a society that rewards hard work and brilliancy.
Do you know how many people who have learnt good skills in the tech space but there’s no jobs for them because they are in Nigeria.
I have even sent my Computer Science Bachelor’s degree to Germany for evaluation in preparation for the newly launched opportunity card program. Yeah, I want to “escape” Nigeria for now.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ihavesense: 9:01pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

Depends on the field sha. I still have brazilian recruiters in my DM as I am talking to you chasing me for work.
That’s why I’m asking you for tips. What stack do you think will sell over there?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ihavesense: 9:02pm On Jun 21
Kaczynski:

Bro are in Brazil or neighboring countries?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21
ihavesense:

That’s why I’m asking you for tips. What stack do you think will sell over there?

This is what I will tell you to do. Go on linkedin. Go to the job section. Dont enter any job title. Just type in brazil and click on search and then view the jobs available. This is what I did before coming to Chile but this was years ago back in 2020.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ihavesense: 10:12pm On Jun 21
tensazangetsu20:

This is what I will tell you to do. Go on linkedin. Go to the job section. Dont enter any job title. Just type in brazil and click on search and then view the jobs available. This is what I did before coming to Chile but this was years ago back in 2020.
Nice tip
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kaczynski: 4:54am On Jun 22
ihavesense:

Bro are in Brazil or neighboring countries?

yurop
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:55am On Jun 30
My friends invited me for an afro themed party. Went there and was the only black person. When I told them I was Nigerian they were so excited. They kept on asking If I am Yoruba. When I said no they started frowning. The guys in the band were even singing with a mixture of Yoruba and Spanish

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by haybhi1(m): 10:30am On Jun 30
tensazangetsu20:
My friends invited me for an afro themed party. Went there and was the only black person. When I told them I was Nigerian they were so excited. They kept on asking If I am Yoruba. When I said no they started frowning. The guys in the band were even singing with a mixture of Yoruba and Spanish

Tenza, you see say na you and your people no rate us? The whites no dey give us small pounded yam grin grin
Regards chief

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03
Men it's funny seeing Nigerians living in A list anglophone countries like the US, Uk, Canada and Australia complaining about how difficult life is. I know that these countries aren't how they used to be especially Canada but the bitter truth most people don't want to hear is that if you can't make it in these countries where the language they even speak is the same with what you speak and assimilation and integration is way easier then the truth is you really can't make it anywhere in this world. If you can't succeed in the UK where you even have blacks as CEOs and you have black millionaires and billionaires where are you gonna make it? Germany grin grin Norway grin grin. Finland grin grin grin

I would always recommend to leave Nigeria If you get the opportunity but if you don't have value to offer, life is always gonna be the same everywhere you are. Money is an exchange of value. There's no country in the world where money is free and on the floor to pick and the value itself is based on what you have internally. What can you do? What can you give? Unlike in Nigeria work abroad is a very huge part of people's lives. Most people tend to ask what you do for work after a few conversations and if you mention you aren't doing anything you are looked at very weirdly. Its Even way worst if you are black and not doing anything. You would be seen as a refugee or asylum seeker living off state resources and people's taxes. They would look at you with so much disgust and disdain

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03
I remember back in 2019 I was a mechanic but I was very broke. Salary was 25000 naira working Monday through to Saturday from 8 am in the morning till 6pm at night. My uncle from the US visited then and I asked him for 35000 naira to get a repair manual.

Dude lambasted me then that they wasted money sending me to university and that do I think because he's living in america he can afford 35000 naira. That 35000 naira is a lot of money even for him grin grin grin. I didn't take it to heart then but now I am living abroad. My hatred for the man has multiplied tenfold. I bought my sister an iphone 14 brand new and I didn't even feel anything financially and back in 2019 someone living in the US couldn't give his nephew 35000 naira. That was the only thing I asked him for in my entire life. It's why I feel if people living in these countries can't make it then they should die to make way for others abeg. What a waste of space

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by TypicallyBrunt(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03
tensazangetsu20:
I remember back in 2019 I was a mechanic but I was very broke. Salary was 25000 naira working Monday through to Saturday from 8 am in the morning till 6pm at night. My uncle from the US visited then and I asked him for 35000 naira to get a repair manual.

Dude lambasted me then that they wasted money sending me to university and that do I think because he's living in america he can afford 35000 naira. That 35000 naira is a lot of money even for him grin grin grin. I didn't take it to heart then but now I am living abroad. My hatred for the man has multiplied tenfold. I bought my sister an iphone 14 brand new and I didn't even feel anything financially and back in 2019 someone living in the US couldn't give his nephew 35000 naira. That was the only thing I asked him for in my entire life. It's why I feel if people living in these countries can't make it then they should die to make way for others abeg. What a waste of space

Not everyone has the spirit of giving.
Some are stingy even to themselves and immediate family cheesy

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:30pm On Jul 03
TypicallyBrunt:

Not everyone has the spirit of giving.
Some are stingy even to themselves and immediate family cheesy

This same man carries various oloshos whenever he lands Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

The Nigeria Zip/Postal Code Confusion / How To Write Invitation Letters / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.