Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,164 members, 7,946,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport (23124 Views)

Rat Spotted At Abuja Airport Passengers' Lounge (Photo, Video) / FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport / FAAN Suspends Akure Airport Manager Over Cows Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Dottormentor: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Judolisco(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Them no give you the update on time grin grin.

You get liver go dey try to carry "along" when AMAC never certify you? I like your morale baba.
AMAC papers and Airport papers no be d same oh

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Hedonisco: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Good news I guess. Better to leave the floor open for the Bolt /Uber guys. I'm a frequent traveller and it is always a hassle to book a Bolt from the airport . Uber is totally nonexistent. And for me, using these 'agbero' Airport Taxis is a put off. Very greedy and unprofessional idiots. I haven't used them since 2015 or so.

FAAN should even extend the ban to Lagos where those taxis are daylight robbers... Although I am usually able to meander and escape their bullshit if I land at MM2.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Judolisco:
AMAC papers and Airport papers no be d same oh

At all.

Anything wey give you morale to try picking "along" or even dropping fares in places like Wuse market entrance or exit, garki market entrance or exit, or anywhere you see those boys with yellow and green uniform, and the ones with red or blue polo and faded black jeans, my guy... grin grin.

Just make sure you're AMAC certified or sorry is your name. The least you'll cough out is 15K. If you jam the wicked ones, 25K. Even if your papa na Major for Army.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Judolisco(m): 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

At all.

Anything wey give you morale to try picking "along" or even dropping fares in places like Wuse market entrance or exit, garki market entrance or exit, or anywhere you see those boys with yellow and green uniform, and the ones with red or blue polo and faded black jeans, my guy... grin grin.

Just make sure you're AMAC certified or sorry is your name. The least you'll cough out is 15K. If you jam the wicked ones, 25K. Even if your papa na Major for Army.
yh... I've got AMAC papers.... I paid like 30k for it at Wuse Market... Na me loseguard dat day Sha... I told d guys I'll pay 5k, they said no, immediately I said let's go to ur office, lemme kuku go and collect the paper, I yab d hell out of them dat day, with d way they were smoking and drinking at d so called office ... I go break anyone head wey enter my car again... I Don keep wheel spanner very close
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Judolisco:
yh... I've got AMAC papers.... I paid like 30k for it at Wuse Market... Na me loseguard dat day Sha... I told d guys I'll pay 5k, they said no, immediately I said let's go to ur office, lemme kuku go and collect the paper, I yab d hell out of them dat day, with d way they were smoking and drinking at d so called office ... I go break anyone head wey enter my car again... I Don keep wheel spanner very close

LMAO!

Even with the registration, the office guys still run you street. The rate is 23K for the complete registration plus membership ID card. But the municipal area council recently added one development levy that I can't exactly remember but it costs 2K, which should bring that membership registration to 25K. If you paid more than that, you just buy them beer for harassing you.. grin

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Shikena:
We have always been the problem. Those who made it to government positions are all from within us and they are only extending what we do at the street level to the government level in connivance with the traditional civil "thieves" servants.

Even train stations na war. At the one in Moniya, Ibadan, they make life hell for passengers with no private pickup arrangement who have to cough out close to the cost of business class train ticket from Lagos just to get to their homes. They made sure they formed a union and made it impossible for ride-share to pick people up.

We are who we are, most of our people only complain until they also find a sit at the table of oppression.

I have always argued that our problem is not a leadership problem. The leaders will always come from among us.

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by IbroMaka(m): 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
Time for y'all to contact me for your in and out Airport deals

I'm discreet
I'm fearless
I'm reckless
I'm just like Jason Statham

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Shikena(m): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
IbroMaka:
Time for y'all to contact me for your in and out Airport deals

I'm discreet
I'm fearless
I'm reckless
I'm just like Jason Statham

Check my signature
reckless ko? grin
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by spartachico(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
No song dedicated ?
TemplarLandry:
cool
We will make sure this is resolved pretty soon.
#RenewedHope.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by blaise26abj(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Arielle:

I paid 16k in June from Abuja airport.
16k will do some interstate journeys. And It is monopolistic because they beat up bolt and uber drivers . How much is the flight itself ? They should do something about the abuja taxi admin .
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by OgbeniOja1: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
Una dey madt

TemplarLandry:
cool
We will make sure this is resolved pretty soon.
#RenewedHope.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by nedekid: 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Lol.

If you're not proactive enough to arrange for a pick-up cab before boarding your flight from wherever to Abuja, your name na sorry be that. Because e-hailing cabs almost always never accept rides from airport clients. Abuja residents will understand.
Why don't they? Any known reasons?
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
nedekid:

Why don't they? Are known reasons?

Please kindly read my last comment on the first page. Incidentally, it's the last comment on that page.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by nedekid: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Please kindly read my last comment on the first page. Incidentally, it's the last comment on that page.
Thanks. Seen.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Coolgent(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
Billionaire2:
Na too much union Dey kill hustle for Nigeria. even students can’t just go school and learn
student union, taxi union, keke union, even landlords get union..

Even here, Lebanese, Columbians & Chinese will come make their money and go… naija will come and start doing union. b4 u know it they start having disputes.

One idiot I met the other day said I’m not in their union, if anything happen to me they will not come, idiot wey never visit home for almost a decade Dey do union..

Bro.
Is Lebanon good for tourist?
I am thinking of enjoying vacation there this year

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BennyDGreat: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
blaise26abj:
Airport pickup or drop off can be as high as 8k when fuel was 187 because of the taxi union . I can’t imagine what it is now

Imagine. It's not sustainable. This is pure sabotage
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BennyDGreat: 11:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Arielle:

I paid 16k in June from Abuja airport.

Nawa
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by NwokoloOwa: 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Excellent! Ban them completely. Idiots that are not ready for competition
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Hustlerconnect: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

LMAO!

Even with the registration, the office guys still run you street. The rate is 23K for the complete registration plus membership ID card. But the municipal area council recently added one development levy that I can't exactly remember but it costs 2K, which should bring that membership registration to 25K. If you paid more than that, you just buy them beer for harassing you.. grin
These people catch me yesterday o, I go drop person for airport on my Way coming I say Make I pick one or two people naso Dem enter my car, I begged them make dey collect 2k and free me Dem refused o, Dem dragged Me to Their oga for office Dem empty all the money in me which is 10k and gave me some 4 papers and tell me I fit dey carry people now, na later I go meet other drivers Dem come dey tell me say the paper no even complete that it's still remaining 3 items wey dey never give me.
Omg those agberos really stressed me yesterday o
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by BoldBrainz(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2023
Hustlerconnect:

These people catch me yesterday o, I go drop person for airport on my Way coming I say Make I pick one or two people naso Dem enter my car, I begged them make dey collect 2k and free me Dem refused o, Dem dragged Me to Their oga for office Dem empty all the money in me which is 10k and gave me some 4 papers and tell me I fit dey carry people now, na later I go meet other drivers Dem come dey tell me say the paper no even complete that it's still remaining 3 items wey dey never give me.
Omg those agberos really stressed me yesterday o

grin grin

Just be sure to not let them catch you again. You'll be dragged back to that office to complete the payment for the remaining papers.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by beardedboy(m): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2023
Les:
how will they know the driver is hired? It could appear to be a relative coming to pick me Nah?
I don't know how they know but they just know.
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Progress62(m): 9:25am On Aug 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Werey, wind down, I wan tell you something.. grin!
him dey talk dey wind up, him no fit bring solution
No be small werey🙄
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by Hustlerconnect: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

grin grin

Just be sure to not let them catch you again. You'll be dragged back to that office to complete the payment for the remaining papers.
Ahh na wetin dey tell me be that o.
Those people na werey o e
With no patience atall, e be like say dey just smoke and drink, Dem plenty eh, come dey empty my pocket, wahala, I no fit fight them, them too rough
Re: FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport by lorhema(f): 5:21pm On Mar 26
Can Bolt and Uber taxis still pick up passengers at Abuja airport? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GUO Bus Driver Threatens To Kill Passengers Who Report Him Over His Behaviour / 20 Facts About Anambra Airport City Project / Flour Mills To Build Atan-Agbara Road In Exchange For Tax Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.