Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,627 members, 7,921,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

What Are Your Study Techniques? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Your Study Techniques? (185 Views)

Have you Considered Getting A Student Loan For Your Study Abroad? / How To Study Smart Not Hard | 10 Scientifically Proven Study Techniques / How To Improve Your Study Life And Start Enjoying Reading Once Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Study Techniques? by Kipaji: 5:29am On Aug 04, 2023
A new semester is about to start!

My last semester was not the most productive and this is partly because I was not very effective or efficient with my time. I would like to perform better. So, I am inquiring about techniques and strategies for an efficient semester.

What are some of your best strategies?
Re: What Are Your Study Techniques? by paul100(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2023
Kipaji:
A new semester is about to start!

My last semester was not the most productive and this is partly because I was not very effective or efficient with my time. I would like to perform better. So, I am inquiring about techniques and strategies for an efficient semester.

What are some of your best strategies?
I have made some mistakes in my 1st and 2nd year in school because of bad study planning.Things I do now
*Never wait till your test or exam is coming before you start studying.I learnt this method from YouTube.Let say you are offering 8courses per semester.Try to pair 2 or 3 courses per day instead of reading just one.This method will work perfectly if you start it at the very beginning of the semester.
If you are in sciences or engineering,you pair a course with much theory with that of a calculation course.Try and practice spaced repetition that is you read a material on Mon,on Wed if go through it again.You continue adjusting the no of days to review your materials.
Let me add this,avoid "PROCRASTINATION".Procrastination kills dreams.There was a test i had one day.I have been procrastinating to read the material till the last hour.I had to read all through the night and I could not finish up and guess what? two of the questions came from the part of the material.I was just saying if only I had this part,if only,if only.So to avoid such,START NOW.Also ask your maker for help because you can read and forget what you read.It happens.
Re: What Are Your Study Techniques? by Kipaji: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2023
paul100:

I have made some mistakes in my 1st and 2nd year in school because of bad study planning.Things I do now
*Never wait till your test or exam is coming before you start studying.I learnt this method from YouTube.Let say you are offering 8courses per semester.Try to pair 2 or 3 courses per day instead of reading just one.This method will work perfectly if you start it at the very beginning of the semester.
If you are in sciences or engineering,you pair a course with much theory with that of a calculation course.Try and practice spaced repetition that is you read a material on Mon,on Wed if go through it again.You continue adjusting the no of days to review your materials.
Let me add this,avoid "PROCRASTINATION".Procrastination kills dreams.There was a test i had one day.I have been procrastinating to read the material till the last hour.I had to read all through the night and I could not finish up and guess what? two of the questions came from the part of the material.I was just saying if only I had this part,if only,if only.So to avoid such,START NOW.Also ask your maker for help because you can read and forget what you read.It happens.

Thank you for this thorough contribution paul100. The tip that take the most of my interest is:
* Practice spaced repetition. I think this makes it significantly easier and less draining to remember material. I will definitely implement it this semester. Thank you.
Re: What Are Your Study Techniques? by paul100(m): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2023
Kipaji:

Thank you for this thorough contribution paul100. The tip that take the most of my interest is:
* Practice spaced repetition. I think this makes it significantly easier and less draining to remember material. I will definitely implement it this semester. Thank you.
Yes,it really does.You are welcome👍🏽

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Crate Talkatone (2023) / Common Mistake In Spellings / 2024 Hong Kong Phd Fellowships:Opening In September,2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.