Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,128 members, 7,887,264 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:11 AM

Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 (1483 Views)

Nairaland Home Page Not Updated Since Yesterday / Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years / Throwback Photo Of Buhari, Oyegun, Others Protesting On The Streets On Nov 2014, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by jmoore(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2023
Current prepaid meter software will expire in 2024, and
any meter that has not been re-coded by 24
November 2024 will not upload prepaid tokens.

This would leave customers without an electricity supply, hence a concerted effort to now update the meters.

The update is easy. As you will receive Key change from your DISCO to do it by yourself.
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by ipobarecriminals: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2023
sad
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by Itzurboi(m): 8:49am On Aug 07, 2023
jmoore:
Current prepaid meter software will expire in 2024, and
any meter that has not been re-coded by 24
November 2024 will not upload prepaid tokens.

This would leave customers without an electricity supply, hence a concerted effort to now update the meters.

The update is easy. As you will receive Key change from your DISCO to do it by yourself.
I observed I haven't been able to load twice now even though the energy pin was generated, it keeps telling me Ee-01(bad token). I reached out to a member of staff, he said I will have to pay a thousand naira to get it reactivated...
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by Obaaderemi2: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2023
It's not all prepaid meters. I was at the PHCN office to upgrade my meter and was told the exercise doesn't affect my brand of meter. They told me that when I showed them my card.

10 Likes

Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by jmoore(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2023
Itzurboi:
I observed I haven't been able to load twice now even though the energy pin was generated, it keeps telling me Ee-01(bad token). I reached out to a member of staff, he said I will have to pay a thousand naira to get it reactivated...

You should pay no dime. Which disco is that?
Better reach out to them via Facebook.
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by Itzurboi(m): 11:18am On Aug 07, 2023
jmoore:

You should pay no dime. Which disco is that?
Better reach out to them via Facebook.
I already made the payment, and it has been activated.
I just felt 1k is not much.
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by jmoore(m): 9:48am On Aug 10, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
It's not all prepaid meters. I was at the PHCN office to upgrade my meter and was told the exercise doesn't affect my brand of meter. They told me that when I showed them my card.
What's your own brand? Do you slot your card in the meter?
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by Obaaderemi2: 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
jmoore:

What's your own brand? Do you slot your card in the meter?
I don't even know what the brand is but yes, I slot the card in the meter.

9 Likes

Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by jmoore(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
I don't even know what the brand is but yes, I slot the card in the meter.

That should be earliest prepaid model. The current prepaid metres don't need any slotting of cards.
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by cleantitleautos: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
Itzurboi:
I already made the payment, and it has been activated.
I just felt 1k is not much.
Please what Disco is yours? Were you given a code or how was it rectified?
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by Itzurboi(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
cleantitleautos:

Please what Disco is yours? Were you given a code or how was it rectified?
Here is the link to generate the KCT1 and 2
https://tidrollover.ibedc.com/kctupgrade/
Disco: IBEDC

1 Like

Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by wanderlust007(m): 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
The ktc is not working for my meter... The meter is not a card slotting one. It has a remote to enter utility pin and the remote does not use battery neither can it be plugged to a power source (from gen) which worked for some people.

Kindly assist as we have been to ibedc offices and there is still no solution after being tossed around for weeks
Re: Any Prepaid Metre That Is Not Updated Will Stop Working On Nov 2024 by SenatorCharles1: 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
No Activation Token Found. Try Again Later.
Phed

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Midwest Region Separate From Western House / Nigeria Should Stop Wasting Time On Simon Ekpa, Finland Is Not Kenya / Alia: Benue Made The Wrong Choice Of Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.