Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,413 members, 7,901,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:05 AM

Sughter Terkaa-akper Emerges 2023 IBB Children Golf Devt Clinic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sughter Terkaa-akper Emerges 2023 IBB Children Golf Devt Clinic (168 Views)

2023: IBB Supports Concensus Presidential Candidate Option For PDP / 2023: IBB Endorses Osinbajo For President / 2023:IBB Describes Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu As The Next Nigeria President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sughter Terkaa-akper Emerges 2023 IBB Children Golf Devt Clinic by Tellamnews: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
By Blessing Bature

Sughter Terkaa-Akper has emerged the 2023 Children Golf Development Clinic at the IBB International Golf Course on Thursday in Abuja.

The six-day event with the theme "Swinging to Greatness" was organised by the Lady Section of the IBB International Golf Club with support from CG Century Group, The ULesson Group and Bauhaus Global Investment Ltd.

There categories has both male and female include age four to eigh., nine to 12, 13 to 14 and 15 to 18 drawn from different public schools in the Federal Capital Territory.

The over all winner, Mr Sughter Terkaa-Akper who within the age of 15 to 18 years attributed hard work and dedication to his success.

According to Terkaa-Akper, "during training, when my mates end up leaving, I stay back on the range and try some shots to improve my game. I was also patient in relating with my TF and adhered to the Technics and rules.

"My defining moment was on the Hole 12 which was a part 3 hole. From my TF, I was able to get my ball straight to the green even though I had several bad hole like hike 14; I ended up striking for eight. I need to make it for my fist 3 holes.

"I look forward to representing IBB International Golf Club at the Nigerian Open and I have hope to bring the cup back home in IBB in Abuja," Terkaa-Akper said.

Similarly, the over all winner for the lady's category, Miss Rukayat Aliyu Mohammed said the last time she played Golf was in 2018, saying she felt new when she came back, but after the first few days, she picked up and felt normal.

"My defining moment was when I realise that I was playing well because I have expectations and hope to participate in the Junior Open. We are going to have trainings towards the Junior Open. Hopefully, we will do well and represent Abuja very well," she said.

Speaking during his speech the Chairman Board of Trustees of the Club MV Haruna appreciated the Lady Section of the IBB International Golf Course Club led by the Captain, Chairlady, and Vice Lady Captain.

He thanked the effort of Lady Captain for sustaining the training opportunity for future champions of both ladies and young boys and urged that they sustain the programme every year.

"This is because until we sustain it for years, they are not likely to rise the kind of golf champions who would look back and say, I started my golf at IBB International Golf Country Club.

Similarly, the Lady Captain of the Club, Folashade Olateju said it has been six days of regurous golf training, excitements and fun, saying she believe that the children enjoyed themselves and for that we are happy that they will be with us next year.

The Vice Lady Captain Dame Julie Okah-Donli congratulated the winners stressing that it has been days of excitement and fun.
"The children are all winners. They did well, but some people have to go home with prizes. Some children distinguished themselves very well in written examination. I hope that next year they will come back again."

(1) (Reply)

. / ECOWAS Ultimatum To Niger Coup Plotters Expires || Tinubu Weighs Option / Senator Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, A Role Model Of Representation.!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.