Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,984 members, 7,873,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

How You Can Be Led By The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Be Led By The Spirit (163 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / How To Be Led By The Spirit Of God As A Christian Today / How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God By Kenneth E. Hagin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Be Led By The Spirit by ocnovakmichael(m): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Every Man is led by a spirit. It is practically impossible not to be led by a spirit. A man is led either by the spirit of God or an evil spirit. The steps of a man cannot be void of a spirit at any rate.

We are constantly bombarded with myriad of voices around us. To the voice we yield ourselves to follow at anytime is the leading spirit. Just like a car cannot move without premium motor spirit, so man cannot act without a spirit. You may have heard the saying, "The spiritual controls the physical."
Moreover, we must understand that every voice that comes our way significantly influence our lives either positively or negatively. However, the onus is on us to choose whose voice to listen to.
Paul, in his epistles, said it best: "There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification" (1 Corth 14:10). And in another place he said, "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey, whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" (Rm 6:16). In other words, you're either susceptible to the voice of the enemy or susceptible to the voice of God.

The question is: how do you recognize the voice of God from the voice of our adversary?
As there is a correlation between a child's physical growth and spiritual growth. So there is a correlation between a child's physical perception and spiritual perception. Studies from Yale University show that your baby is learning to recognize you through their senses. At birth, they are starting to recognize your voices, faces, and smells to figure out who is taking care of them. Since the maternal voice is audible in utero, an infant starts to recognize their mother's voice from the third trimester.

Let us pick out the vital-salient points from the above research. 1. Babies recognize voices 2. Babies hear while in the womb
The Bible teaches that God knew and had called us while we were yet in the womb. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations" (Jer. 1:5).

The text above just got through saying as it's natural for babies to hear their mothers voice in the womb, to it should be natural for us to hear the voice of God because while we were yet in the womb he'd already appointed or called us to the nations of the world.
Nevertheless, exercising our senses in the word strengthens our spiritual auditory perception to hear and recognize the voice of God even more.
So how do we exercise our senses? Proverbs chapter six verses twenty through twenty-two gives us insight. "My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thy heart, and tie them about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee, when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee, and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee."

Notice that text says, "It (the word) shall lead thee and it (the word) shall talk with thee." But we have to meet the annex conditions. That is, we must bind the word in our heart and tie them about our neck. In other words, let the word of God be in our hearts and in our mouths.

Consider for illustration, the word of God teaches us to pray for one another that utterance may be given to speak the word boldly.

Ephesians 6: 18:19
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
19. And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

On a certain day I was returning from work; and I boarded a bus. While in the bus, people were chatting and some others were minding their own business. Suddenly, the Spirit of the Lord said to me, the woman in front of you in white apparel is going to preach now. I want you to pray for her that she'd open her mouth boldly to speak the word.
When I heard that, I knew it was the Lord alright, but I hesitated and began arguing in my spirit. saying, how can this woman preach at this odd hour of the day when every one in the bus is minding their business and looking forward to getting home.
Now looking at that woman in front of me, there was no sign she was going to preach. No Bible in her hand, she was even in a position of one who is asleep in the bus. However, the Spirit of the Lord spake to me the second time, this time it was loud that I had to turn to see who said that but found out it was coming from inside of my spirit.
While I was arguing with the Lord, that woman raised up her head and began preaching right inside the, noisy-busy-business minding, bus.
When I alighted off the bus, I ask the Lord to forgive me for arguing with Him.

What am I getting to? I was able to recognize it was the Lord talking with me in that bus because what He told me to do is in line with the word. That is, Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

Scripture teaches that the Spirit and the Word agree in one. Therefore, we must study the word to know and recognize the voice of the Lord when He speaks! He always speaks!

Read, comment, and share. Do not hoard knowledge. Propagate it!
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit by sportivation(m): 12:55am On Aug 05, 2023
Wonders without number!

Man of God shares testimony of how boy without eyeballs received miracle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47VV2hQjq8

(1) (Reply)

Control Your Thoughts Chris Oyakhilome / Which Of This Four Different Bible Is From Christ? / Suggest Ways We Christians Can Use To Know A Fake Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.