Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

Applying For Visa While In Another Country As A Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For Visa While In Another Country As A Nigerian (735 Views)

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria / US Student Visa While Pregnant. / Getting Visa While In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applying For Visa While In Another Country As A Nigerian by Kirisuto: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello Guys!

So I'd like to get the experience of Nigerians on this particular question that has been bugging me, how convenient is it for one to apply for visa from another country to another country, say for example, you're in Japan as a Nigerian but wants to apply for visa to Australia, Canada or any western countries, how feasible is it for you to get this visa. Will you be required to go back to naija to apply or you can apply from your current place of residence.

I will be reading the comments. Thank you
Re: Applying For Visa While In Another Country As A Nigerian by pseudonomer: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
You can if you have a residence permit/visa in the said country, and to be honest, it’s really easy that way.

However, you can’t apply for a visa in a country where you only have a tourist visa. In that case, you need to go back to your home country to apply.

1 Like

Re: Applying For Visa While In Another Country As A Nigerian by Kirisuto: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
pseudonomer:
You can if you have a residence permit/visa in the said country, and to be honest, it’s really easy that way.

However, you can’t apply for a visa in a country where you only have a tourist visa. In that case, you need to go back to your home country to apply.

Thank you and yes I do have work visa

1 Like

Re: Applying For Visa While In Another Country As A Nigerian by optimusprime2(m): 7:49am On Aug 18, 2023
It's a 50/50 thing...
It could be easy to get in some cases and it could be an uphill task in some other cases.

Especially for the US that requires interviews for their visas.

The major challenge in such cases are some consular officers may not be used to handling the processing of other nationalities. For example if you visit the US Embassy in Japan with a Nigerian passport, and the consular officer who attends to you is inexperienced (Japan is his first outpost) two things could happen;
1- a super quick approval
2- a super quick denial

So it depends.

(1) (Reply)

All Nigerians Abroad Should Read This / Nigerian Development Movement – Get Involved / Daytona Beach Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.