Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:36 AM

Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan (38776 Views)

Protectors Of Islam, Not Protectors Of Lives — Aisha Yesufu Slams Arewa Twitter / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by tollyboy5(m): 5:48am On Aug 06, 2023
Philistine:

Which Lagos? Lagos Island does not belong to Yorubas, only parts of Lagos mainland belong to Yorubas
Awori own lagos island.

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Curious345: 5:49am On Aug 06, 2023
Is that not why the Igbos want all occupied territories in the middle belt returned to their rightful owners ? Before the Fulani begin to lay claim to them
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by SunTzu123(m): 5:51am On Aug 06, 2023
It's "Ibo's" that have come to start this one now. Everywhere they go, they start trouble.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by ponishah: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2023
ecolime:

There are Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, Benin Republic and Togo. Lets not mention those who settled in Sierra-loane or Brazil.

I think many Nairalanders are ignorant and I hope someone who has the time can create a detailed thread to educate them.

Some Igbos are indigenous to Obigbo, Rivers state while we have those that are indigenous to Delta state and are popularly called Delta Igbo.

Is it then right for you to say An Igbo man is now fully owned and controlled by the Delta people?
You have not made any sense, you no go school?
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Philistine(m): 5:56am On Aug 06, 2023
tollyboy5:

Awori own lagos island.
Aworis are not Yoruba, they are a distinct ethnic group different from Yorubas.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by tollyboy5(m): 6:01am On Aug 06, 2023
Philistine:

Aworis are not Yoruba, they are a distinct ethnic group different from Yorubas.
Lol no talk this one 4 awori front you fit chop slap. grin cool

The ethnicity of ogun state and lagos are the same.

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Madas1986(m): 6:03am On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
I really shake my head for Yoruba Muslims who are the real owners of Ilorin and all it Lands. See as they're slaving under the rulership of the Minority fulanis. They're truly the definition of a conquered people. Fulani Caliphate don finally take over all their Ancestral Lands finish and they don't want to Ronu all because of yeye Religion. Fulani use Religion hold them tight for Blokos!! Chai my people my people when will you free yourself from this Slavery 🤔🤔
see slave calling another person slave I dey laff
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by okoroemeka(m): 6:10am On Aug 06, 2023
Strangebuttrue:
This is the end of Fulani's reign in Ilorin and Nigeria at large.

Mark my word
says who?keyboard warrior,go to Central market ilorin and say such and watch them turn you to roasted meat,a city ruled by an emir
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by KingTom(m): 6:11am On Aug 06, 2023
fredoooooo:

My one and only docy oloye, the only docy wey get licence to look t**to free of charge ..Tuale o grin grin cheesy
Hope you're ready for Onana cardiac arrest abi heart attack this season .. anyway You get automatic HBP machine ,no wàhálà and you survived Honourable maguire tragedies cheesy grin
How are you keeping ? smiley
Idan no dey dear cardiac arrest, na idan dey arrest cardiac grin

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by AntiChristian: 6:43am On Aug 06, 2023
freeborn02:

Don't forget AntiChristian. I won't be surprised if he is one of those who ignorantly liked the post. grin

Thanks for the mention and invite. Do you want me to like the post?
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by bukatyne(f): 6:44am On Aug 06, 2023
Banjoramos:

I hope you read what he said there is nothing like tribe in ilorin Islam unite us all.

Does this make sense to you?

Isn't religion & tribe different?

Don't Arabs acknowledge that they are Arabs?

Na wa o! Eleyi tun ga.

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by potent5(m): 6:44am On Aug 06, 2023
Shut up.
ecolime:

There are Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, Benin Republic and Togo. Lets not mention those who settled in Sierra-loane or Brazil.

I think many Nairalanders are ignorant and I hope someone who has the time can create a detailed thread to educate them.

Some Igbos are indigenous to Obigbo, Rivers state while we have those that are indigenous to Delta state and are popularly called Delta Igbo.

Is it then right for you to say An Igbo man is now fully owned and controlled by the Delta people?
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by musicwriter(m): 6:49am On Aug 06, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Didn't know about this. If true, I can ALMOST bet both Soyinka and Achebe regretted in retrospect. Soyinka is no longer a Christian. He's now FULLY Isese.

I've given you a source to get more information.

Over bloated ego, according to their contemporary Mr. Wali, won't let them come open and tell Africans what a terrible mistake they made during their youth. This primitive ego is actually intellectual slavery.

Ironically, the easiest way Soyinka would send a clear message across Africa about the need for us to drop all foreign religions is actually to come open and tell Africans what a mistake they made in their youth and the need to drop both the English language and foreign gods because they're one and the same. That's when any discerning person would take him seriously when he talks about foreign religions.

Yes, if they're intelligent, 1962 would be their biggest regret on their dying bed.

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Decent09(m): 6:52am On Aug 06, 2023
DMarshials:
Religion has done more harm than good in Nigeria

My Guy if not because of Religion, dey for no Born you sef.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Maazieze(m): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2023
SunTzu123:
It's "Ibo's" that have come to start this one now. Everywhere they go, they start trouble.

Is it also because of Igbos you cant pleasure your wife, dont worry i can help her grin grin

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Osariemen12: 7:01am On Aug 06, 2023
Not all. He was never impotent. You didn't get the information from a legit source. The only impotent monarchs in Nigeria are the Alaafin and His Oluwo of Iwo counterpart. Check Tribune, June 31, you'll surely see where some Bales in your land slept with goats.

Lest I forget, has your mother recovered from the shock of losing your younger sister who accompanied the late Alaafin to the grave. Her only crime was being a virgin. Take heart, epileptic Adewale.

DodadaKoKigbe:

Is Oba of Bini still impotent? I heard his young guards are fathering his kids.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by lagosrd: 7:07am On Aug 06, 2023
And that ilorin is not part of Nigeria and not under Nigerians constitution. You expect the whole governor a custodian of the law to come out and say certain people cannot practice their religion because you're a moslem.

Primitively barbaric set of people. The day a Christain community will insist that no form of Islam will be allowed in their land is coming if this madness is not stopped once and for all by the authorities. Keep wondering what the hell is wrong with these people.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Mendula35(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2023
It’s my dismay seeing lot of people been sentimental on this discourse.

We are aware most 36 states in Nigeria including Abuja has its religion dominance.

South South - predominantly Christians
South West - Muslim/Christian/isese but predominantly CHRISTIANS
South East - predominantly Christians ;
Note: I undergone my NYSC around this domain, IMO state to be precise and you hardly find Mosque around.
North East - predominantly Muslims
North West - predominantly Muslims
North Central- predominantly Muslims.

With above analysis one will see that every state has its religion practice and dominance . Why trying to create uproar and transcend?.

I think everyone should understand that there is limitations and boundaries, especially religion because it’s very sensitive matter.

SHALOM!
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Alpharey: 7:10am On Aug 06, 2023
ecolime:

What is this one saying.. Ilorin has been a Yoruba land before the invasion by Fulani. The Fulanis also brought Islam along with them. But today same Ilorin is being ruled and controlled by Fulanis and Islamic clerics. This is different from your analysis of some few pockets of Igbos in Obigbo, or Yorubas in Kogi and so on. Nigerian Government has a hand in creating confusion when they created the states thereby dispersing some ethnic groups into different states.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by diogo23: 7:26am On Aug 06, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ilorin is not southwest so REST. We have people speaking yoruba in brazil, togo, benin, edo,warri and kogi. They're are not part of southwest yorubas.
See excuse
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Shattuck(m): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
History revisionist
seriously what is it with you guys? Why can't you speak against the fulani's when they err? Why do you lose you voice against the fulanis the north and Islam when they err, only to be so bold against the Igbos for just no cause? Look I am not Igbo, neither am trolling, I just notice that your kind always make excuse or try to avoid any error from the north, Fulani, Muslims.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by fredoooooo: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2023
KingTom:

Idan no dey dear cardiac arrest, na idan dey arrest cardiac grin
Werey doctor.... tout docy grin cheesy

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Sirmwill: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2023
jeromestarks:
Una see waiting religion fit do to person brain abi?

A whole professor did not know the difference between TRIBE and RELIGION?

What if the Yorubas there are Islam?

This Prof was birthed by a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men.

ʎlpᴉdnʇs pǝpuǝ noʎ uǝɥʇ

llǝʍ pǝʇɹɐʇs noʎ
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Streetdoctor: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

In Lagos during the governorship elections, online bullies (obidients) came face to face with real life bullies (Yoruba ronus). Who cried that day?
with thugs? neutral fight yoruba gat to run before d fight
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ilorin is not southwest so REST. We have people speaking yoruba in brazil, togo, benin, edo,warri and kogi. They're are not part of southwest yorubas.

YOU BETTER SHUT UP THERE!!!

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Streetdoctor: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Didn't Igbos say worse about Soyinka? Did Yorubas fight you? Did they deport you from Yorubaland?

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Streetdoctor: 7:54am On Aug 06, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

countless videos of Igbos in Lagos crying that they were prevented from voting by Yoruba Ronus.
if one is fair in complexion, he or she is an Igbo
If one looks fresh and neat, automatically he is an Igbo
If one has swag, he is an Igbo
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DatNiggaDaz: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2023
KosiGee:

These people are shameless. Pls someone should create an Obi, Ipob or Igbo thread so these customers could redeem themselves. Seun has bills to pay.

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DatNiggaDaz: 8:01am On Aug 06, 2023
tollyboy5:

On your social media maybe. Just try nonsense anywhere in lagos your village people wont recognize your new look.

You nö get shame

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by drsmut: 8:05am On Aug 06, 2023
Oponu agbalagba. With all the book, no sense
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by fred04(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2023
But the name"Ilorin" is it a yoruba name or an Islamic name
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Luckysbab: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Let me educate you then. The word Ilorin is a Yoruba word.

Alright.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi Celebrates Emeka Nnadi Who Has A Park Named After Him In Canada / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters / Tension In Ekiti As Soldier Kills DSS Officer