Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,352 members, 7,888,121 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:56 PM

Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje (535 Views)

Gandollar: Maryam Shetty's Social Media Post About Ganduje (Throwback Photo) / Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje / Ganduje And His Wife Mock Maryam Shetty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by Holuwarseun15(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
In a recent revelation, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Ganduje, shed light on his role in the removal of Maryam Shettima, also known as Maryam Shetty, from President Bola Tinubu's ministerial nomination list. This decision stirred significant debate and discontent among the citizens of Kano State.

Initially, Maryam Shettima was nominated by Mr Tinubu as a ministerial candidate from Kano State. However, the nomination was later withdrawn, and Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure was named as her replacement.

In an interview on Freedom Radio, Mr Ganduje explained the circumstances that led to the removal of Ms Shettima's name from the ministerial list. According to him, her nomination was made without proper consultation, which resulted in widespread dissatisfaction among the people of Kano State.

Mr Ganduje clarified that during the process of appointing ministers, the president receives recommendations from various advisers representing different states. While the president holds the prerogative to appoint ministers, he is encouraged to seek input from the respective state representatives to identify suitable candidates.

However, in the case of Ms Shettima, there was a lack of consultation, and her name was unexpectedly announced on air without prior discussions. This prompted immediate reactions from the public, especially on social media, where concerns about her competency and suitability for the position were raised.

"The reactions became intense, with people questioning her competency and suitability to represent Kano State. These concerns were not raised by Ganduje, but by the masses," Mr Ganduje stated.

When President Buhari sought Mr Ganduje's opinion on the matter, the APC chairman admitted that he was not familiar with Ms Shettima and couldn't vouch for her competency. In response, the president agreed to a replacement, but he insisted that the nominee must be a woman.

After thorough consultations with stakeholders, Dr. Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure emerged as the new nominee. Mr Ganduje emphasized that the decision to replace Ms Shettima was based on integrity, competence, and the individual's role in the government formation process.

Mr Ganduje also expressed gratitude for Ms Shettima's past contributions and assured that she would be considered for another appointment in the future.

Read More:

https://thequesttimes.com/why-i-supported-the-replacement-of-maryam-shetty-on-tinubus-ministerial-list-abdullahi-ganduje/
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by Wodu89: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
Confused party
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by PlayerMeji: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2023
Okay...nothing bad...let her wait for Kwankwaso government... They said she is a fan of the red cap team....
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by BOSSkesh(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
Why is Ganduje not in jail
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by Chinjo2: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ganduje the Bureau De Change master. Imagine APC rewarding this known thief with the office of national party chairman. What a shame. I commend APC national legal adviser for resigning honourably. That is what people with conscience should do.
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by ojobek: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
She would be considered for another appointment where she would be 100% failure.Lol
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by Obaofaba: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2023
I'm not convinced, not even small but unlike the ipob terrorists, I will surely wish the new nominee well and pray she perform to justify the trust you repost in her.

Unlike ipob terrorists again, she's accepted her fate and wish the president well.

That's spirit of sportsmanship.

We hope to see her in the nearest future contributing her quota for the national development under the able guidance of the Jagaban of the universe.
Re: Why I Supported The Replacement Of Maryam Shetty On Ministerial List - Ganduje by wingmanIII: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
Tinubu id utterly shamelessly incompetent. Wtf!!

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Be Credited For Fixing What Predecessors Could Not – Oshiomhole / The First Africa illegitimate Transgender President / Exposed: What Yahoo Boys Will Not Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.