Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,310 members, 7,971,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:13 PM

Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ (20981 Views)

Niger Closes 10 Boarding Schools, Relocate Students To Safer Schools For Exams / Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume / Tears Of Joy As A Baby Girl Was Changed To A Baby Boy By God Of Intervention Thr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Fugazy2023: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2023
Traplord09:

I just da look you with one 👀.
I wonder how many people we go to WAR..

In Nigeria

My brother. Na so we see am o. Make me self look you with on eye 👀👀👀
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Scamburster(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Nice analysis but I think Russia is not interested in Niger.
Even if they were, I don't think they would be straight about it.
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Scamburster(m): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Dude shut up . Shut up. Damn

No price for talking shut up. You aren't intelligent or your opinion regarded. Shut up . Must you always talk?

This is Monday morning go and find something doing .
Man, how can you tell a jobless and lazy man to go and find something doing.
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by denzel231: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2023
Fugazy2023:

I don't argue with kids that know nothing. And you can keep insulting, we already know you people
be deceiving urself. Old man wey no gree get sense
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by denzel231: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2023
helinues:

Then you know nada
then be deceiving urself rada
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Traplord09: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Streetdoctor:

SHEY 7DAYS ULTIMATUM DUN END, SO TELL US WHAT NEXT

Lol...

Military 🎖️ da fear..
NYSC.. story. All go da there papa house

Southwest try am and see win..
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by frankyychiji(f): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They are closing airspace ECOWAS had placed a blockade on since last week. Truly, things have changed in Africa.
If it's before, the coupists will not be this jittery and scared. Even the head of the coupists had been holed up and away from the public out of fear of a counter coup while the legitimate President he overthrew is not perturbed.
Niger will be alright las lad. Ecowas will not go to war with Niger, Niger is bigger than a few handful of coupists. Check my signature for free stuffs!
This one is reporting live from Niamey defence house. grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Luzebox(m): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2023
a4cube:
Why do you think the military will not let us go on with the pipeline? With the right negotiation everything is possible after all they will still earn from the gas project Bombing them in all out war will also stall the gas project.

We have been fighting war with BH for the 13 years adding another frontier isn't a wise thing to do.
they are with russia ... russia has issues with europe... see im not in support of the war...am just telling u many factors are at play here..it just just french uranium

1 Like

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Obainomilano: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2023
Jones4190:
I don't like American support, they are evil
mental slavery is the worst kind of disease.. Americans will assist you to wipe out your fellow Africans ..as big as your country is and all his man power u can't do anything without the Americans is that not supposed to shame an average reasonable human being

1 Like

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Karlman: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2023
Luzebox:
Oga i answered a question...am not supporting war....everything for una na argument....they asked what nigeria stands to gain...i answered
It is Exactly that your Answer that is pointing to the fact that you are not independent, and so therefore, totally unaware of what the current economic situations in your country Nigeria.
Don't make it like a disagreement because I stated the obvious.
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by hodari: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2023
It's over for France. The host is tired of the parasite.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/14/world/africa/france-macron-africa-colonies.html

‘Down With France’: Former Colonies in Africa Demand a Reset
Decades after independence, many African countries are increasingly troubled by the ongoing influence of their former colonial power.

1 Like

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Fugazy2023: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2023
denzel231:
be deceiving urself. Old man wey no gree get sense

If I insult your father now, you will start crying and reporting to mods on nairaland. Let me just ignore you cos you don't worth my time
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Luzebox(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2023
Karlman:

It is Exactly that your Answer that is pointing to the fact that you are not independent, and so therefore, totally unaware of what the current economic situations in your country Nigeria.
Don't make it like a disagreement because I stated the obvious.
i have told u i dont support the war... i dont understand ur issue ... seem u just like to talk

1 Like

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Horus(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
RaptorX:
A lot of the flights coming from Europe to Nigeria and countries further south like South Africa go over Niger. I checked flightradar 24 last night after hearing the news and all the European airlines coming to and fro Lagos and Abuja were routed via Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali avoiding Niger airspace. Even saw a British Airways flight coming from South Africa to London made a u turn very close to Niger and headed back to South Africa.

They should avoid approching Niger airspace at all cost. Niger military threatened to shoot down any aircraft entering their airspace
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by fxexperts: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
Odin13:
…. As them close am.. .. make druggie go test how serious the threat is ..

Just pick the available pJ and fly over .. it will help all this noise.. and chest beating ..

Still asking wetin yoruba gain from invading Niger..
Why the support … and hate ..on people that has made their choice ..

Think this has something to do with slave mentality..

Some are shaking off their chains .. while others just love and admire theirs ..

When your neighbors are telling the serious threat to invasion.. some humans over 10,000km are urging and abusing cursing ..

Wetin we know..
This guy mumu never do. moving from one slave master to another is worst the worst form of slavery.

obyno82:

Tinubu is the one who put himself in this dire situation. They should have used the Morocco Senegal Nigeria gas pipeline as a last resort and avoid Niger all together to prevent all this madness.
Well they didn't know this coup will happen. Imagine the billions of naira buhari wasted for his kinsmen only for the junta to take over and used it to bomb his village Daura and Aso rock.
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by fxexperts: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
lexy2014:

wetin concern warri gas terminal concern russian drones?
You go soon know. after you guys had to boldness to snatch the European gas market away from Russia.
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by lexy2014: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
fxexperts:
You go soon know. after you guys had to boldness to snatch the European gas market away from Russia.

Offpoint

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Karlman: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
Luzebox:
i have told u i dont support the war... i dont understand ur issue ... seem u just like to talk
Why are you Angry?
Are you pained about something?
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by lailo: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
extol1:

Of what benefits is democracy to the citizens, as far as I am concerned democracy is not designed for sub Saharan Africa. Perhaps will they go to war with other west Africa countries that are experiencing the same military (coup) rule. There is something special about Niger that the west world see in them that actually want ECOWAS countries to fight the country. I will always remember Gadafi how the west purged the citizens against him, now they are feeling it
Democracy is still the best form of government. You can hire and fire your leaders at while through ballot. The military offers no such option. It is all about imposition and use of force. The problems Nigeria is enmensged into today are caused by the military. If military is better, Nigeria should have been a heaven on earth.Our progress only started from 1999, so I will say we took our independence in 1999, not 1960, bcs that is the only period we enjoyed interrupted democracy till now. All those years of the military were wasted years. These people are purely trained to defend and attack, not to lead people. That democracy has its own challenges does not make a military government in which the people have no say or freedom at all a better government. Beheading is not the cure for headache. Democracy gives room for hire and fire, people should explore this option, other than to throw their freedom under the bus bcs of challenges associated with democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Algold: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
The war against Niger Republic will be swift. Their ragtag army is already ill-equipped and in addition to sanctions, The Americans and French will be assisting ECOWAS troops with intelligence and weapons to quickly overrun the junta.

How is it going in Ukraine. What much help did Ukraine get from USA and NATO. You think it is easy to defeat a country that the people support. It's going to be a long ride if ECOWAS invade Niger

1 Like

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by fxexperts: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint

If you do not know the connection, then you need to go back to primary school.
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by lexy2014: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
fxexperts:
If you do not know the connection, then you need to go back to primary school.

Since you went to primary school, then u can answer this question effortlessly.

Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by Exceed15: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Forget all those protest you are seeing. They are all sponsored by the juntas. They now control media

Ok o
Re: Niger Closes Air Space Citing ‘Threat Of Intervention’ by 7lives: 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
maasoap:

It depends on who you are talking to because they already democracy in Niger before coupists forcefully hijacked power.

This is what most people don't know.
If na monarch government, the world may ignore the rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GRV Praises David Hundenyin, Colonel Ojukwu, And Others / Flood Ravages GEJ's Mansion In Otuoke / People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.