Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games (299 Views)

Simone Inzaghi Becomes Inter Milan’s New Head Coach / Paul Onuachu Wins Belgian Pro League Top Goalscorer Golden Bull Award (Photos) / Forbes: Messi Becomes Football's Second Billionaire, Tops List Of Earners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games by Great100000: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2023
Lionel Messi is now Inter Miami's top scorer in 2023 after netting seven goals in four Leagues Cup games for the MLS club.

Messi has been in blistering form for Miami in the Leagues Cup. After scoring a free-kick equaliser against Cruz Azul on his debut, Messi bagged back-to-back braces against Atlanta United and Orlando City. He bagged another brace against FC Dallas in the last 16 on Sunday (August 6) in what was his first away game for Miami.

After netting a left-footed opener from outside the box from a Jordi Alba pass, Messi curled in an 85th-minute free-kick equaliser to make it 4-4 before Miami won on penalties.It was yet another stellar display from Lionel Messi in Dallas, and he's already Inter Miami's leading goalscorer in 2003 in just four games.

What FC Dallas star Alan Velasco said about playing against Lionel Messi.

Apart from Lionel Messi, another player who was a standout performer in the clash between FC Dallas and Inter Miami was Allan Velasco. The Argentine winger, playing for Dallas, scored a goal and set up an own goal with a mazy run despite his team losing on penalties.

Velasco spoke about playing against Messi in the Leagues Cup clash. describing the experience as 'unforgettable' (via All About Argentina):

“It will be an unforgettable experience for me. It will be the first time I get to see him in person. I have seen him play from the stands but never on the field. I hope I can get to mark him at some point in the match.”

He added:

“He is gifted with every ability that players wish to have. Technical ability, speed, goals, assists and overall his mentality. He always wanted to be the best and he has always been the best.“

While Messi's team won the game to go through to the last eight of the Leagues Cup, Velacso's performance should endear the 21-year-old to fans.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-lionel-messi-becomes-inter-miami-s-top-goalscorer-2023-just-4-games

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games by TONY042(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2023
GOAT for a reason.
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2023
Fixed goals to promote messhit and MLshit... ORORO is the greatest...
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games by Beverlyjean(f): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
This shows how dead everything that has to do with that league or team is
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games by Itzurboi(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
I sell buckets, can contain 10liters of tears.... tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Inter Miami's Top Goalscorer In 2023 After Just 4 Games by Almiron: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
Fixed goals to promote messhit and MLshit... ORORO is the greatest...
you will cry till death

(1) (Reply)

Explosive Chelsea Fan Reaction Exposes Arsenal Head Coach's Struggle, Video / Fifa's Classic Throwback Video Celebrating Osimhen's The Best Nomination Sparks / Bayern Munich Vs Man United 4-3 Video Highlights (download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.