Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,336 members, 7,917,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 04:24 PM

Scam Alert. Nairaland's Bony And Clyde, Come And Redeem Yourselves. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scam Alert. Nairaland's Bony And Clyde, Come And Redeem Yourselves. (190 Views)

Update On The Scam Alert By Mr David Peter Oloche / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert. Nairaland's Bony And Clyde, Come And Redeem Yourselves. by Childfree: 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
For the past days or weeks if you have been frequenting the family section, you must have come across this user Dcass https://www.nairaland.com/dcass

That her husband is dead, she's a single mother, no food, learnt tailoring, creating thread up and down looking for 90k for buying sewing machine, that no one is helping her, no relative, all people want is sex before helping her, she'll go into prostitution bla bla bla...

From the numerous threads she has been creating for the past 1 month+ since she created the account, some people probably bought her stories and were genuinely trying to suggest solutions and giving her advice. She shun all suggestions and refusing to answer basic question. All her tale didn't make any sense at least to me and maybe to some.

Common sense suggest she's a scam. So I decided to burst her bubble the brutal way lol. I contacted her and here is how it goes.

After some few basic questions, I requested how would I know she's genuine and where does she stays.

Her response: Benue. And a 5sec voice note to tell me she's not a scammer. She even suggested a video call.

Lol anybody can claim anything. I can also claim that I lost my parents, I manage to learn tailoring and I have 20k looking for 40k to buy sewing machine... How does making a phone call or video call with me suggest my claims are true. I am not dumb to take such.

I requested her to provide me with her Facebook name. Why I requested it was that, there I should be able to see if she's truly married or once married, if I can find anything that would tell that her husband is no more or anything that would tell she's a single mother like picture of her baby... etc

She gave me, but I couldn't find her on Facebook. I guess it isn't visible or public. I requested her to copy her profile link and send to me. She did.

Her account is new not more than 2months yet with 4k+ friends. red flag

I was expecting to see her age mates, matured people and mother's father's... as her friends, you understand. But no, most were just random male teenagers in their early 20s, a lot not Nigerians and also obvious hacked Facebook accounts. Just like the way you see some of those money doubling fraudsters on Facebook with many friends, some commenting I received bla bla bla.

She has like 6 photo post only. It doesn't tell or show she's a single mother or her baby, no sign she's once married.

She is not a catfish I guess since she is willing to do video call.
So this suggest to me that she's just a random lady, she created a nairaland account, made claims and hoping people buy her stories and money sent to her. And for the Facebook account, definitely something is wrong. It is not the average Facebook account.

You are not satisfied? ....to be continued
Re: Scam Alert. Nairaland's Bony And Clyde, Come And Redeem Yourselves. by IVORY2009(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
This is just an allegation, you still were not able to proof beyond reasonable doubt that she is a scammer, by just going to her Facebook page and seeing 4k friends and the page was new, does not mean she is a scam, I am not holding brief for her either, but I would suggest you and someone arrange a meetup with her face to face that is if you are changed, this would be better off.

(1) (Reply)

Closed / How To Spot A Liar / Feelings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.