Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,233 members, 7,887,640 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged (1427 Views)

Please Help!!!! Volvo Transmission Issues / Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Or Volvo S40 2010 / Volvo S40 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged by Gelatoman: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2011
Hello Peeps,

I just bought a tokunbo 2004 VOLVO S40 4MONTHS AGO. I asked my rewire to replace the fog light and I never knew its the greatest mistake of my life. He changed it and the DSI fuse to get burnt and damaged. The car coudlnt start again, Ive made so many enquires to no avail. Some said I'll need to change the fuse and the key before it can work. Some daid i need to order for it in USA, This car has been sleeping for over 4months now. Please can the pro in nairaland come to my aid.

Thanks.
Re: Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged by Ikenna351(m): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
Sorry bros. i was there before, where you are now. These goddamn rewires in Nigeria, that out there to wreck/destroy people's happiness by rendering their vehicles immobile. The last thing i will do again is to open my car's bonnet for a rewire here in Nigeria, for whatever reason. Even if is just to peep, thats not gonna happen again. Bunch of clowns!

Anyway, the problem is i dont know what you mean by DSI fuse. Whats the function of the fuse? I do the electrics of my car myself now, with the help of the car's wiring diagram I downloaded online. But i have never come accross any fuse called DSI.

Ikenna.
Re: Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
DSI [/b]fuse? You mean [b]BSI (Body Control Module). It's the central electronics module. It's also linked to the fuse box. If the BSI is dead, you've got big problems.

How anyone who calls himself an "electrician" could compromise the BSI whilst trying to sort out foglamps is beyond me.
Re: Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged by Ikenna351(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
Siena, dat one na small. When i first got my car, I gave a rewire my car to remove the starter & replace the starter solenoid that was acting up (which only fail to clank once in a while, but not often). I left the car with him & went back to office (work). Only for me to come back to pick the car later in the day & found wires in the engine bay scattered. A car i started & drove to his workshop was no longer starting, no matter how long you clank the engine. The engine would clanked, but there would no start. I was baffled. I asked why the Hell. He kept stammering, couldnt give a straigth reply. I checked the electrical components right there & found out that the car's MAF, Amplifier module & Ignition coil had spoilt, out of wrong connection. I felt like crying. How on Earth does repairing starter got to do with tampering with the wires of MAF, Coil & Amp module, I asked? He replied, "Oga I jos wan check weda dem dey ok. I come feel say dem no connect dem well. So i come reconnect dem, oga. I no no why the car no gree start again". To cut the story short, the car slept there for 4 days before I could personally reversed all the wrong connections he made & replaced all the electrical components that spoilt out of the wrong connections, before the car could start. After recovering from that incident, i banished rewires from my car. Not even to peep.

So, from repairing starter, i found myself regreting ever fixing the starter. That's the same situation my bros here found himself. So, rewires or electricians here (or whatever they call themselves) are nothing but silent killers (at least majority of them). If you are not careful, they will kill you before your time, because of sorrow they will create for you. Why its painfull is because you will be blaming yourself why you ever give them your car to fix for you, something you could have been managing without been fixed. That what kills.

Ikenna.

(1) (Reply)

Top Gear Season 22 Episode 5 / Price Of Honda Evil Spirit Bumper / Help I Need Tracker For My Newly Pruchased MAN DIESEL For Logistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.