Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,602 members, 7,941,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? (9582 Views)

Girlfriend And Female Best Friend Home Together Right Now / 8 Places Where Men Can Get A Wife Material In Nigeria. / I Have Crush For My Female Best Friend But She Has A Boyfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by slimyem: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2011
walcolm:

@OP,

what is good for the goose,  

so if you have a female best friend, she can also get a male bestfriend
seconded!
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by ceah(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2011
I have 2 female best friends and we have No hidden agenda. One is married and at first The husband hated me, lol! But eventually he has come to love me like a brother, it's better not to have them else like they say 'trouble sleep yanga go wake am, wetin you dey Find, wahala',  grin grin grin
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by atasteve: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2011
Selecting other best friends outside your spouse is writing letter to BIG PROBLEM.

Flee all appearances of evil.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by xynerise: 10:23am On Oct 12, 2011
iyatrustee:

@ poster, i keep wondering where you get these thoughts of yours from and the annoying thing is that no matter how trival or foo.lish your question is, it makes its way to the front page
thats d power of xynerise. grin. Are u jealous?
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by maclatunji: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2011
xynerise:

yeah I saw that in d Quran. undecided

Later, you will say you have problems. Very inappropriate post, you should know better! There are some things you just don't play with, this is one of them.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by aribitoye(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2011
i have a female who is my bestfriend,my wife knows abt her,and my she doesnt complain abt it.akuna matata!
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by BabaAra2(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2011
Once you are married, you wife or husband becomes your best friend. It is best for union you limit going out with friends either male or female.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2011
Why not?? I mean getting married doesn't mean being in prison!
I prefer knowing her best friend especially if you think this is a threat, but actually I think we should respect the past of each partner to live him a bit space and continue having a social life, of course we have to fix limits but let's try to trust in our partner
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by comotdere(m): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2011
Yes something is wrong with it and everything is wrong when the female friend is a married woman too. Be you a guy or a lady, you are suppose to withdraw from such friendship. The withdrawal may not be sudden but it must be made.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Igosun: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2011
If it's just friend no prob, i hope your wife knows her too.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by harakiri(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2011
anonymous6:

The saying is; besides being lovers, the spouses are best friends to one another and you are each others number one best friend but that doesn't mean you can't have a best friend besides your spouse but it is easier for a married man to have a male best friend then a female best friend and it is easier for a married female to have a female best friend then a male best friend(unless he is g-ay but that is not common with Nigerians).

When it comes to a married man having a female best friend there are risk because the wife may think there is a affair when at times it is just innocent friends, especially if you do things like fun activities that you may not do with your wife, not only your wife but many people around you may think or get suspicious that there is cheating. Plus sometimes it can be a catalyst for cheating if the man is not from a perfect marriage in the first place.

Married men shouldn't rock the boat when it comes to having female best friends, maybe a regular friend at work but not best friend. The only way a married man can have a best friend without suspicion from anybody is if the female is a relative of yours like a sister or female cousin.

The hypocrisy and double talk of women never fails to amaze me. So now that it's a married man involved, it's "risky" for him to have a lady as a best friend. These are the same women that see "nothing wrong" in a lady keeping male friends or a married woman having a guy as a friend/best friend.

No wahala.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by splitnaija(m): 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
Nothing wrong. I sure need one to "confide in" just in case madam is indisposed.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by mimi234: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
It depends,

If the girl in question was your best friend prior to your marriage then the girl should then become a 'family-friend' to both you an your wife not just your best friend.

But i do believe such friendships is just asking for trouble, mehnnn,

Plus having a best friend will require you to invest time and energy into that friendship if shes a girl then a lot your time and energy will be going towards your girl best friend and no wife would like to see their husbands spending that amount of time and energy on another girl.

Think wisely.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Ranoscky(m): 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
To be honest, I dont think Rano can have a female best friend O!

Omo, something must hapun shaaaaa ni.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2011
Yup Yup YuP! My Wife gave me the Green light to have Female best Frnds -- Nothing is wrong wiv It!  cool cool
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ranoscky:

To be honest, I dont think Rano can have a female best friend O!

Omo, something must hapun shaaaaa ni.

How are you?? at least you're honest smiley
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Ikroberts: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
why not, if can control your self do it, is a bad thing.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Myaboo(f): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
No, I don't think it's a good idea cos there will be a lot of jealousy going on especially if you and your b-friend are really close.
it will jus get confusing later down d line between d both of you and it will just cause problems in your married life, but only you know what's best for you. smiley
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Pennywise(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
Not a good idea, I have come to find (again and again). Unless, . . . . .
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Pennywise(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
Initially things may start out quite innocently-exchanging ideas, make jokes. Then there is the occasional courtesy complements when she dons a fitting dress. This goes on to what I call appreciative compliment. Thereafter you just want to get your hands on what lies beneath. Why not. She is a woman afterall. You do it that one time. Then again and again etc. Yes dejavu-there we go again with all the good, the bad and the ugly of a full fledged amorous affair in your hand.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
It is only FOOLS dat give excuses for wrongdoings! IF UR ONE den u can reply my post,FOOL!! grin grin grin
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by anonymous6(f): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2011
harakiri:

The hypocrisy and double talk of women never fails to amaze me. So now that it's a married man involved, it's "risky" for him to have a lady as a best friend. These are the same women that see "nothing wrong" in a lady keeping male friends or a married woman having a guy as a friend/best friend.

No wahala.

I don't know what you are talking about and what I said is not a double standard cause I did mention that it isn't ok for a married women with a male friend unless he is g-ay(but that isn't common with Nigerians) & it is not ok for married men to have female best friends either unless it is his sister and female cousin. Sorry but that is the truth, plus this thread is about married men, so whats your point.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by jumie(f): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ Poster,

What is your definition of "best friend"? i suppose it should mean someone whom you like/appreciate/cherish above every other. Why cant you make your wife that person? Is the lady in question also married or single?

For a married man having a female best friend is not only very risky, but it is one of the most demoting things you can do to your wife. How will your wife feel knowing that she has a female "rival" whom you share your cares, concerns etc with. It's not just an unwise idea, but the truth is that your marriage will only suffer.

There is nothing wrong with having a male close pal whom is also preferably married and of like-minds with you. The wives could also become friends this way and everyone is happy.

Having a female best friend for a married man is the beginning of the downfall of his marriage.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by felifeli: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
Yes absolutely , but he will soon become an (un)-married man sha ! grin
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by xynerise: 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
jumie:

@ Poster,

What is your definition of "best friend"? i suppose it should mean someone whom you like/appreciate/cherish above every other. Why cant you make your wife that person? Is the lady in question also married or single?

For a married man having a female best friend is not only very risky, but it is one of the most demoting things you can do to your wife. How will your wife feel knowing that she has a female "rival" whom you share your cares, concerns etc with. It's not just an unwise idea, but the truth is that your marriage will only suffer.

There is nothing wrong with having a male close pal whom is also preferably married and of like-minds with you. The wives could also become friends this way and everyone is happy.

Having a female best friend for a married man is the beginning of the downfall of his marriage.

ok.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by mummy3(f): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
xynerise:

@MMM. I am sure u dont know what d topic is all about.

He or she knows, He's just trying to say that women cant be your best friend if you are not buoyant enough to cater for their request. grin
woman + cash = best friend
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by Exponental(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2011
Very posible!
My friend @ schl dn was d bestman 4 d groom on his girl-friend's (just friends) wedding.
They are still friends till date, though, limited now.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by kurus: 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by kokoye(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2011
no!
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by ronkebp(f): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
My husband shall not have a female best friend, except me, thus says MOI.
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by xynerise: 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2011
ronkebp:

My husband shall not have a female best friend, except me, thus says MOI.
or what? undecided
Re: Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend? by ronkebp(f): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
xynerise:

or what? undecided

You don't want to find out. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

... / Team Virgin Thread / Cute Guy Looking 4 True Love, But No Sex Till Marriage(with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.