Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,499 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC (22659 Views)

Governor Obaseki Commissions 6.8 KM Of Streetlights (Photos). / 16 SARS Operatives Indicted For Killings In Five States –presidential Panel / Contractors Successfully Completed 123 Km Of 156 Km Lagos-ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by Thislifesef: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

The uselwss elede is an old full , when I tracd his Ip and found his data I was shocked at the old fulls age.

I thought he was a teenager. This idio should have teenage kids or older

Very uselwss good for nothing bastard. Imagine the kind of useless kids this bastard has?

I am sure his son will tell him he feels he is gay . Very useless idiot .

This idiot derails every thread he carries his bald head to comment on
so you traced his ip and you knew his age through his ip
Una think Say na mumu full this nairaland sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by ivolt: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
ukehi:
Still a hard nut to crack that a country as rich as Nigeria is is battling with electricity in 21st century
It is not a hard nut to crack.
It is simple market economics.
No pay, no service.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by Advancedman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by obyno82: 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
AmotekunSW:

The way curses follow your miserable life.
Effeminate coward.

You know you are frustrated in life. Please get off my mention and get decent job to better your life. You can send me your CV I will help you get a job. I am not as tribalistic as you are.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by farem: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Please tell me which nation in the world is not battling with electricity in the world. Smh.

Just like most nations, we are not battling with electricity in the whole spectrum. UK for months now has had most electricity companies folding up and returning their licenses to their regulator Ofgen.Try and read to understand and not be too quick in lamenting.

For years now, we produce more electricity than we need by the time you add all forms of energy we generate and use in all electricity
generators nationwide but electricity is more than generation.

We produce even more electricity than we need but some zones are not investing in such critical sector and for that reason the electricity transmission and distribution is not efficient. Imagine if Anambra had invested the money Mr Obi sank in a beer-making International Breweries plc to prepare ahead for this kind of opportunity.

Just to enact laws for state electricity market, it is just a handful of 3 states ,Kaduna,Edo and Lagos, have state framework for their electricity market yet state legislators of most states can do the job. That's why it's not just to lament and go. Understand the issues and suggest if you have anything to offer.

Did Obi really sink money into International Breweries? Mind you, the breweries was established in Ilesa when Obi was just a ten year old boy. There are mighty foreign investors too.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by teepain: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
electricity needs subsidy especially the industrial consumers.

I am quoting you because of my interest in non-targeted or what I call blanket subsidy. In my opinion subsidies should be targeted at the goods consumed ONLY by the poor man. Conversely goods and services consumed by the poor and the wealthy should never be subsidized.

My thesis is based on the fact that most industrial consumers of subsidized inputs have the tendency to maximize their profits at the detriments of the masses regardless of the subsidies they enjoy. And when the subsidy is not targeted the poor gets the wrong end of he stick.

Imagine, the hypothetical scenario where government subsidizes electricity by say #40 per unit. The poor man who consumes 5 units per day enjoys subsidy of #200 per while a wealthy industrialist for instance who consumes about 10 million units per day (this is assumed of course) enjoys a subsidy of #400 million per day. If the industrialist refuses to reflect the subsidy in his pricing (as most Nigerian industrialists are likely to because of greed) the poor is robbed. Hence, I argue that blanket subsidies in Nigeria do not serve the cause of the poor man.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by zaxviltin: 12:53am On Aug 10, 2023
Connect with ny audiology today and embark on a transformative auditory journey. Elevate your hearing experience and let the symphony of life's melodies enrich your days. Your story, your sound – together, we compose a life embraced by the beauty of sound.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by BALLOSKI: 4:43am On Aug 10, 2023
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by gare(f): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/08/09/only-five-states-can-build-over-100-km-of-electricity-transmission-lines-report/
Akwa ibom was excluded from the list they have a state law and they have already built a transmission line from Far more than 100 km
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by sematec(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2023
Nigeria should swallow their pride and learn from Ghana
Even villages have 24/7 electricity supply
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by CodeTemplar: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2023
grandstar:

Also, Nigerians do not want to pay for the true cost of the power generated.

If the Discos and Gencos can't recover cost, where will they find the funds to improve services.

Wale Edun, a ministerial nominee said the 1.6trillion electricity subsidy is not sustainable.
that he was nominated a ministamer doesn't make him smart.

Now we are paying petrol cost, how many commissioned refineries are outputting petrol? You ignore top level corruption to be churning out ignorant analysis. The refiners.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by NnamdiN: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

I work for E.on next, and it’s ofgem. so just shut up. Please no let me start with you, when did electricity go off in the uk? That they are battling?
the fooool is just happy that Peter Obis anambra isn't in the list
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by Myer(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
By implication, only 5 states and literally one geopolitical zone,SW, dominate and can take the opportunity unlocked by the new electricity law signed by President Muhammadu Buhari in May before completing his second term.smh.

Other states and geopolitical zones need to buckle up.Check my signature for free stuffs!

None of those two states has a state electricity market and law in place. Go and read the electricity law, only 3 states were exempted and unfortunately the only state with the state law in SS is Edo yet Edo can not afford transmission. Delta and Rivers can afford but have no state laws in place.
Again, you need to read to understand my point before lamenting. It's a wake up call to you and your mediocre and somewhat complacent leaders you keep making excuses for.

Deep retorts. smiley
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by oyatz(m): 2:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
jackcanfield:
Someone educate me , say 3000 Mega Watt is generated by a Genco using the Lagos State law would there be any need for transmission.. since the station is present in the local domain away from the reach of the Federal Government and it's law

After generation, the GENCO are still relying on Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCM) a.k.a National Grid, to transmit the electricity.

With this new law, each State or a group of States can build their own Transmission line that doesn't have anything to do with the National Grid just as LASU is doing running it's activities independently of UNILAG.
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by Diego35M: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
[quote author=Ola9ja23 post=124988058]Where is Anambra and Enugu in the list ??

Upon all the IGR generated and saved by Obituary and the Beer factory.? So they can't afford 100k electricity transmission

Opari
Re: Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC by Smartguyboy(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
7lives:

What a shame, una matter just dey shame me.
Enron project wey Obj sabotaged, what do you people really think it was?, for this PHD sabotage alone, na everyday I dey wake up to lay curses on PDP.
I'm so happy they have become worthless, na so e suppose be, PDP no give us light, dem still no allow BAT.
Just because they don't want to be out paced and outclassed.
Tinubu is a man wey know no road, e gba fun oga yin.
Thank God LASG later came up with IPPS
and the rest is history.
Enemies of progress, Lagos don leave una behind, if una dey fly gan self, una no go ever catch up.
Talking out of point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani / Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers / Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.