Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:24 AM

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (44105 Views)

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by rabiudon: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
Mild123:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num: Angel Ubi
G.TBank
Angela,... You don mad oh
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by SpatialKing(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nothing special about the movie
Is another average movie

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by DeLaRue: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
People should please leave @MT alone.

He expressed an opinion about how Yorubas fought wars in times past. Some have countered and provided a more correct view.

That's should be enough. On reflection, he would probably now admit he was mistaken. That's fine. We all make mistakes.

Calling him a liar, and some of the aggressive responses to him are totally unnecessary as they draw attention away from an otherwise interesting and somewhat educational thread.

Let's get back to talking about the film. I'm not a film person, but this indigenous film success story warms my heart on this grey, overcast Saturday afternoon smiley

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iReddington: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

Oh please shut up angry

grin Stop clowning yourself like this. Yorubas don't use swords, commanders face themselves with incantations This is about the most ignorant nonsense I've ever heard. What the hell! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Now I'm curious to see the movie grin grin
Watched it, love it. kiss kiss

MT must be a GenZ or Non Yoruba to criticize the movie. Not that I blame him, one may not be able to relate with some things out of one's culture.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by MMG01(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Akasammyoka:
Are you mocking me, thought I just told u I don't hear shit
Not at all just praying for you
Just Say amen to it

Oloribu
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Bigchristo: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
MT:
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1.

Your analysis makes me want to watch it, I will comment after streaming it on Netflix.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Brownshoe: 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
osuulola:
Jagunjagun is a good one but there is a reason screen writing is a career in Hollywood.
The story as a whole is interesting to see. Coming from the Yoruba genre where Africa magic has made them lazy is a big push for the sect of Nolly wood.
The art direction was top-notch. The majority of the acting was awesome to say the least but the story development is not the best that it can be. Why is Ogundiji a terrible person? What is the need of showing the different kingdoms with no clear cut direction at first? Why did we learn Ogundiji had a son when he will not be a victim of revenge - except for part 2!
The school - I take is an idea from Spartacus - but what about showing us some classes. Then they were meant to be warriors but they did more of raiding. The honour of a warrior is lost in the needless murders of 'civilians'. Init?
It is possible the best Nigerian movie for a long time - it is definite the best action movie Yorubawood has ever since but Abija who create the genre deserved a shot and Lalude - those are the real veteran of the Yoruba action genres. I hope they get more scene time and be released from being used by skit makers.
fire on sir, course 402(literary criticisim)
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Gaffarr: 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
femijay8271:

How tru is dix?
Very real.... what'sapp
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by DeLaRue: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
Persephone1:

MT must be a GenZ or Non Yoruba to criticize the movie. Not that I blame him, one may not be able to relate with some things out of one's culture.

' GenZ or non Yoruba'. He may be neither.

He just sees the movie from a different perspective and his take aways reflect his unique personal experience. Movie watchers' experiences will differ from person to person.

We can, and should accept that.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Brownshoe: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
Akasammyoka:
Am surely downloading this one, hope there is translator, CU's man don't hear shit in Yoruba

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Brownshoe: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bigchristo:
Your analysis makes me want to watch it, I will comment after streaming it on Netflix.
baba help me do data, I no watch sha, don't really like epic/traditional movies, any amount of data Pls, if you are streaming on mobile login dey for you. 👍👍
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Brownshoe: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Persephone1:

if you want to stream or download on mobile(Netflix) login dey for you, iya mi,

Cheap cheap
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Elizkid: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
HBB1:

Stop the cap oga!

The Kiriji war was named that because of the sound the Cannons made.

Which incantations where they making?

Na interhouse debate?

grin grin
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by etrange: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
tolue42:

This is a public domain, if you don't want people to criticize you, its better you don't share your opinion here..
https://www.jstor.org/stable/180053

You missed his point. He's not saying you shouldn't point out the faults in his submission. He's saying you shouldn't call him a liar just cause you don't think what he said is right. When you don't agree with someone's opinion, simply say, "I disagree", "I don't believe" or "I beg to differ". You don't call them liars just because they have a different opinion, logic or experience.

A liar is a terrible person who knows the truth, but decides to spread lies for personal reasons, not someone who's saying what they actually believe to be true, even if it's wrong. You're not in the guy's mind to know if he was lying or not. That is why you don't call people liars in an argument like this. It's insulting and it makes the conversation toxic. Just disagree, and present your counter opinion/logic. Imagine a teacher calling his student a liar cause he got a question wrong or a doctor calling his colleague a lair cause he doesn't agree with his diagnosis. Hope you get the idea now.

This isn't meant to attack you cause I make the same mistake sometimes myself.

Cc: MT

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:

A culture that has turned most offspring to ritualist. I beg there is dignity in labour. If it's by charm Russian, china, America or even Israel for no stand tall today.

Smelly akpu eater will just open mouth and say things you will wonder where it’s coming from.
Please how are most Yorubas ritualists? I guess ritual is a thing of your family. Nollywood and Nigeria was known for sacrifice, thanks to igbos.
Please stop opening your dirty mouth to say stupid things. It makes some of us wonder if the average IQ of southeasterners is below average

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Brownshoe: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:
JI beg i beg, yoruba should stop all these juju films...they should concentrate on using modern technology in their war films. These are the kind of films Sunday igboho watch that motivate him to believe he can create yoruba nation with mere cow horn and broom. I go try watch the film anyway.
Don't waste money subscribing

Cheap mobile Netflix logins dey
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by seunmsg(m): 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

You’re the one misrepresenting Yoruba history with the nonsense you’re spewing. Yorubas fought a lot of wars with weapons like sword, guns, bow and arrows etc on horses back. It’s even more irritating seeing you repeat the same nonsense despite the several corrections by those who are more knowledgeable than you.

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Philinks(f): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
I just saw Jagun Jagun. It is really not a waste of time. Femi Adebayo is doing a great job.

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
Codes151:
talking about tribe already.. i was right. all i am saying is there is room for improvement. but its not a 10/10..

India and SA are getting better, we are dwelling in sentiments

Did you watch the movie to the end? I mean from the beginning to the end without skipping any part of the scenes?

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by tolue42(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
etrange:

You missed his point. He's not saying you shouldn't point out the faults in his submission. He's saying shouldn't call him liar just cause you don't think what he said is right. When you don't agree with someone's opinion, simply say, "I disagree", "I don't believe" or "I beg to differ". You don't call them liars just because they have a different opinion, logic or experience.

A liar is a terrible person who knows the truth, but decides to spread lies for personal reasons, not someone who's saying what they actually believe to be true, even if it's wrong. You're not in the guy's mind to know if he was lying or not. That is why you don't call people liars in an argument like this. It's insulting and it makes the conversation toxic. Just disagree, and present your counter opinion/logic. Imagine a teacher calling his student a liar cause he got a question wrong or a doctor calling his colleague a lair cause he doesn't agree with his diagnosis. Hope you get the idea now.

This isn't meant to attack you cause I make the same mistake sometimes myself.

Cc: MT

Thanks for the constructive correction. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by ComputerOperato: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
DeLaRue:
People should please leave @MT alone.

He expressed an opinion about how Yorubas fought wars in times past. Some have countered and provided a more correct view.

That's should be enough. On reflection, he would probably now admit he was mistaken. That's fine. We all make mistakes.

Calling him a liar, and some of the aggressive responses to him are totally unnecessary as they draw attention away from an otherwise interesting and somewhat educational thread.

Let's get back to talking about the film. I'm not a film person, but this indigenous film success story warms my heart on this grey, overcast Saturday afternoon smiley

I agree with you but @MT shouldn't have made a categorical statement like that by saying Yoruba's don't fight with swords. That statement is too categorical and so wrong at the same time, hence the huge criticism he has received so far.
I believed he has learnt something from this.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by BabaIbo: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Thislifesef:
Nothing I hate more than those asaba movies.
Immediately I see anything zubi Michael Michael, be it advert, movies, skit o I just quickly switch channels.
I no fit dey watch and listen to "na we dey here" "na we be big boys for this town"

And you think say na everybody this hype on this movie go move?

Na so una hype Anikulapo, wey make person waste data and time on it.

Rating it a 10/10 movie is dishonest to me, I disagree with that rating.

I have seen the honest reviews I needed on it, so I will rather wait for John wick next part than download/stream this.
Maybe when I get it from a friend or someone around, I fit still watch am.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Trustedpronet: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
Omoawoke:

Smelly akpu eater will just open mouth and say things you will wonder where it’s coming from.
Please how are most Yorubas ritualists? I guess ritual is a thing of your family. Nollywood and Nigeria was known for sacrifice, thanks to igbos.
Please stop opening your dirty mouth to say stupid things. It makes some of us wonder if the average IQ of southeasterners is below average

I can't count how many times we caught them with human heads. What about yahoo boys ..or should I upload all their videos? After watching the videos you will then tell me whose mouth is dirty.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by CLRF: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

The biggest war in Yoruba land is the Kiriji War, a 16-year-long civil war and was fought with guns, big cannon guns, and melee weapons

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by HydraFeeds(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
Basic123:

God bless you!
Infact,yorubas fight to entertain
yes ,also called gidigbo.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by BabaIbo: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:

I can't count how many times we caught them with human heads. What about yahoo boys ..or should I upload all their videos? After watching the videos you will then tell me whose mouth is dirty.

Don't mind that bu ff00n.

They won't give honest review about that movie but will keel it with hype like they did to Anikulapo.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by NiceTheDev: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Omoawoke:
The use of ogun (war) ogun (charm) ogun (medicine) oogun(sweat) will send non Yoruba speakers crazy 🤣

Ogun -inheritance sef dey 😂

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by netmillionaires(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
The one I downloaded and watched todayhas two audio files. You can switch between yoruba language and english. There is also a subtitle in case you are the type who prefer to read the translation.

Akasammyoka:
Am surely downloading this one, hope there is translator, CU's man don't hear shit in Yoruba
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Akasammyoka: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
MMG01:

Not at all just praying for you
Just Say amen to it

Oloribu
I must get you on this, CU's am hitting my translator to be sure you are honest this time.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

"Then fight will ensue"? So, what ll they use then? Is it not Ida, ake, ada, iron etc. Yes they used charm but tools like swords, cutlasses, axes and gun were used to fight wars in those days.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by dragunov: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:

You’re the one misrepresent Yoruba history Witt the nonsense you’re spewing. Yorubas fought a lot of wars with weapons like sword, guns, bow and arrows etc in horses back. It’s even more irritating seeing you repeat the same nonsense despite the several corrections by those who are more knowledgeable than you.

For the first time this year, I agree with you, Kadoso. I agree with you.😉

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ella And Kim Oprah Evicted From BBNaija 2019 / Top Ten Nollywood Movies Of 2019 / BBNaija 2018 Finale Voting Result As Miracle Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.