Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,551 members, 7,978,803 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do (26047 Views)

Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Myer(m): 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
assholemods:

Africans and religion radara! How about people that follow God and still failed?

Good question.
You should follow God with the heart/mindset to succeed. Because you don't know what they did to fail.
There are many who follow Him and succeeded both on earth and in heaven.

The only other option really is to definitely fail if you do not follow the creator of heaven and earth- Your maker who created you for His purpose.
You will learn of Him through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ whom He sent as the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.
Be sure to be Baptised in the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit. This makes all the difference between Religion and a life as a disciple of Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
MisterBanny:
■ How many undergraduates have parents who are even alive?
Wetin dey kill their parents abeg? No be poverty? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by UnfairLife7(m): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
yemmit90:

Don't mind him, this is the same way society mount pressure on people. The same greedy mentality that is keeping black societies in perpetual wide spread poverty. The funniest part is that, majority of these people will end up stealing, killing, scaming and many dubious ways to achieve this. The so called leaders too will loot off public fund that is meant for development of their people just to accumulate wealth for their unborn generations.

Imagine this one advising people to keep accumulating properties , so that their children won't suffer. Why can't you just train your children and pray to God to give them wisdom to stand on their own instead of accumulating already scarce resources at the detriment of others. You plan for your old age by investing in money making ventures, be it real estate or trading and not necessarily to accumulating wealth for children who are suppose to work for theirs too.
The children will inherit the real estate and other investments at the end. I personally see no crime in having properties for your children after giving them quality education provided it wasn't a stolen money meant for the masses. I guess even holy bible admonished parents to leave properties behind for their children. Also help the less privileged not only your kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by decatalyst(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
Myer:

The Only mistake a person can make is listen to the voice of everyone except the voice of God.

Some parents did all what you listed here and it still failed. As long as no one knows tomorrow, any thing can happen at any time and disrupt ones perfectly drafted and charted plan for their family.

Man truly is lost without God.

Prov.19.20 - Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days. -- null
Prov.19.21 - There are many plans in a man's heart, Nevertheless the LORD's counsel--that will stand.

I wish I could like this over 100x
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Caleb15(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kanekwagii:
A Nigerian parents prefer you to do what they want and fail than following your heart and succeeding

Eye rinze
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Siberia01(m): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
What the average Nigerian thinks is money, Money, money
You guys have started blaming education for your failures...
The University does not promise riches...
It's a place for research and innovations (sadly not here)
Any serious minded individual looking to be a billionaire shouldn't have anything to do with the universities...
Go learn business or skills
And let research driven minded individuals go to the Unis

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by assholemods: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
Myer:

Good question.
You should follow God with the heart/mindset to succeed. Because you don't know what they did to fail.
There are many who follow Him and succeeded both on earth and in heaven.

The only other option really is to definitely fail if you do not follow the creator of heaven and earth- Your maker who created you for His purpose.
You will learn of Him through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ whom He sent as the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.
Be sure to be Baptised in the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit. This makes all the difference between Religion and a life as a disciple of Christ.
Smh! ...Oga it is not everybody that follows God or Jesus that succeed irrespective of what they might have done. I don't really like discussing religion or whatever you might call it.
There so many individuals and countries around the world that doesn't believe in anything yet they are successful. It is here in Africa that all what you talk about is Jesus Christ... nations are building industries for their people and nation to succeed, most Africans are building "religion" funny enough these are the people that brings the so called religion to us.
Saying this doesn't mean there is no success in following God but your success in that aspect should be your spirituality before any other thing.
Most people don't even do anything all they shout is God and Jesus. If I don't know God it doesn't mean that I will fail unless you are talking about spiritual failure. There are so many atheist who are millionaires and billionaires.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Myer(m): 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
assholemods:

Smh! ...Oga it is not everybody that follows God or Jesus that succeed irrespective of what they might have done. I don't really like discussing religion or whatever you might call it.
There so many individuals and countries around the world that doesn't believe in anything yet they are successful. It is here in Africa that all what you talk about is Jesus Christ... nations are building industries for their people and nation to succeed, most Africans are building "religion" funny enough these are the people that brings the so called religion to us.
Saying this doesn't mean there is no success in following God but your success in that aspect should be your spirituality before any other thing.
Most people don't even do anything all they shout is God and Jesus. If I don't know God it doesn't mean that I will fail unless you are talking about spiritual failure. There are so many atheist who are millionaires and billionaires.

You ask very good questions.
I can share my answer with you but with God every thing isn't always generic. What He will reveal to you will be more specific concerning you and your destiny.
And it will align with His Word and Character.

But you have to be able to define success.
Not all success is good success.
Only God gives Good Success. Joshua 1:8
The most successful person is one who knows God and God knows and leads him, one who does the Will of God faithfully and God Trusts him.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Wodu89: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Myer:

You ask very good questions.
I can share my answer with you but with God every thing isn't always generic. What He will reveal to you will be more specific concerning you and your destiny.
And it will align with His Word and Character.

But you have to be able to define success.
Not all success is good success.
Only God gives Good Success. Joshua 1:8
The most successful person is one who knows God and God knows and leads him, one who does the Will of God faithfully and God Trusts him.

I'm enjoying you. God bless you mighifully. Your head is on my neck and oil is on your head. Nice one my brother.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Twist4u: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
Op, Stop encouraging dependency mentality on children. I repeat stop encouraging dependency mentality on children.

Dependency mentality is the number one reason for wanton curruption in the entire Africa and Nigeria in particular. It breed unproductive children and Nation.
Such mentality encourages parents to amass wealth unnessarily.

How can parent spend furtune to send a child to school, still buy you land and continue doing things for an educated adult.

What is the purpose of the child on earth in the first place. To come and lazy up or what?Is that not a red flag to you op?

Look at the developed nations when a child reached between 18 - 20 years he/she start being independent of parents and start facing the real world by working no matter their wealth.

Africans and particularly Nigerians should wake up.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Offpoint1: 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
Myer:

The Only mistake a person can make is listen to the voice of everyone except the voice of God.

Some parents did all what you listed here and it still failed. As long as no one knows tomorrow, any thing can happen at any time and disrupt ones perfectly drafted and charted plan for their family.

Man truly is lost without God.

Prov.19.20 - Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days. -- null
Prov.19.21 - There are many plans in a man's heart, Nevertheless the LORD's counsel--that will stand.
If you rely on God for everything, then what's the purpose of the brain he gave you? Are you clearly telling him the brain he gave you is useless?

Imagine paying your child school, equipping him with the necessary academy materials, then such kid still rely on you to help him during his exam... Do you know what that means?

You Africans are not ripe for religion
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by 4KNGOATS(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
YourBestWriter:
The biggest mistake Nigerian parents do is to prioritize on seeing your children through school without a clear plan about their lives after they graduate. Have you heard about living rich but die poor? This is often the outcome for many unlucky families that thread through this path. The society is unforgiving. Not only in Nigeria, but also in developed countries.

I call on all parents to invest in their children's lives beyond just going to school. Buy lands if you could, buy art works in the hope of passing it to your children for huge profits, build connections, get ready because if you retire one day, and your children are still unemployed, is it not back to poverty? Education alone doesn't pay in the 21st century. If you insist on investing solely on your children's education, then strive to make that investment abroad in developed countries. Don't fall into the modern scam called private universities in Nigeria.

Above all, force your children to learn skills. Tinubu doesnt care about who you are, or what struggles await the future Nigerians.
You omited the most important element of all,wealth is nothing invest on your children with a good religious upbringing I believe just that surpasses everything.bring up good children not children that would murder you before you time

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Myer(m): 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
Offpoint1:

If you rely on God for everything, then what's the purpose of the brain he gave you? Are you clearly telling him the brain he gave you is useless?

Imagine paying your child school, equipping him with the necessary academy materials, then such kid still rely on you to help him during his exam... Do you know what that means?

You Africans are not ripe for religion

Heb.5.11-14
Of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Offpoint1: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Myer:

Heb.5.11-14
Of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Live in your delusions, please don't bother replying me.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Bbqekpa: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
Winters23:
shocked

You were making point in your first paragraph but then derailed into a low thought process just like every other Nigerian.

You only identified a problem but your solution still rely heavily on parents to keep providing rather than looking beyond academic success and dig deeper into children's talent that can be harnessed for a brighter future.

There are footballers, wrestlers, programmers, musicians, actors, etc. Most of these careers are learnt outside the classroom.

Thank God I wasn't the only one that saw the errors in his submissions.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Undisputed147: 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
How do you know Tinubu doesn't care?
YourBestWriter:
The biggest mistake Nigerian parents do is to prioritize on seeing your children through school without a clear plan about their lives after they graduate. Have you heard about living rich but die poor? This is often the outcome for many unlucky families that thread through this path. The society is unforgiving. Not only in Nigeria, but also in developed countries.

I call on all parents to invest in their children's lives beyond just going to school. Buy lands if you could, buy art works in the hope of passing it to your children for huge profits, build connections, get ready because if you retire one day, and your children are still unemployed, is it not back to poverty? Education alone doesn't pay in the 21st century. If you insist on investing solely on your children's education, then strive to make that investment abroad in developed countries. Don't fall into the modern scam called private universities in Nigeria.

Above all, force your children to learn skills. Tinubu doesnt care about who you are, or what struggles await the future Nigerians.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by jimcaddy(m): 2:41am On Aug 13, 2023
Mr man nothing is guaranteed. Yet I agree with you to an extent, but see life is full of ups and down. Many parents did like you said, but where did it end up? Tell me. What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B. And what works for Mr B might not work for Mr C. This life na 50:50..
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by BrazilianOG(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
shocked Wow serious matter o. Am coming kobojunkie parents must see this. That girl be like person wey run from asylum. NLAND I WILL BE BACK
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by stevestifler(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
See entitlement o

It is easy to blame our parents until we become parents too and have to do the things we expect from our parents.
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by Emmanuel30a: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Mufu...ara wa ko muufu(my/our BODY,ETC doesn't moves...), enije tete lara unfu...emi koje tete ara ko fumi...
Re: The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do by YourBestWriter: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
stevestifler:
See entitlement o

It is easy to blame our parents until we become parents too and have to do the things we expect from our parents.

A lot of people misunderstood this post. Firstly, the post is for parents (parents naturally want their kids to be entitled to them). I mean, if your kid is not entitled to you, there is a 80% chance that you are a failure.

Secondly, there are two types of parents just like there are good parents and bad parents. There are parents that don't want their children to suffer in this life (me inclusive). There are also other parents that don't give a f. The purpose of the post is to enlighten Nigerian parents of any of the above categories about the need to empower their children beyond just education.

That is why I said "above all, force your kids to learn skills." Whether you are a rich person or poor person, make it your responsibility to empower those children of yours beyond going to school. School is not enough in 2023 and the worst under this perilous Tinubu era.

@Everybody

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / Updated: My Pre-wedding Photos Before Editing / Should Your Man Tell You He Cheated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.