Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,831 members, 7,930,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:30 AM

Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger (40387 Views)

ECOWAS Parliament Divided Over Planned Military Action In Niger / Mass Exodus Hits Kano APC As Shekarau, Rurum, Kawu Sumaila, Others Join NNPP / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu: Protest In Kano Over "Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Zeezenho: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
JOemmy:
Does tinibu and ECOWAS even have any plans to rebuild niger after the invasion?

Ecowas that can't build their Ecowas states .how will they build Niger.

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Stoplying: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

Joke of the century. The voice of the Nigeriens is the democratically elected president.
The likes of you seem to believe that election= democracy.
I will have you reminded that Adolph Hitler's dictatorship got into power through elections.

But again, many Nigerians like you do not know what democracy actually is, your idea of a democratic president is that of a dictator who comes to power through elections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Chucks13: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
soccerlite:

Lolzzzzz

You said God forbid obi to be President ๐Ÿ˜†

Is obi not a Nigerian, obi ambition indirectly worked in favour of tinubu victory

I see you love tinubu so much, may the way tinubu is running nigeria be the same outcome your life and generation will be ran.

At first when I was reading your text I thought a child with wisdom talking but unfortunately at the last paragraph same ugly untrained gene rose its ugly head and you started talking like someone with yet to be diagnosed pendulated mental issue.

All you obi dogs know is insult to rain curse and that is why your life and that of obi is useless.

If you like kill yourself obi will never rule Nigeria

So shameful indeed. Tueh!!!
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by fxexperts: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:
If Wagner ever comes to Niger the same people will be on the streets asking for Federal government to protect them.
These Africans are like pawns in a global chess game and they are oblivious to it.
It makes you wonder what Africans were doing when Europeans decided in Berlin to carve them up and share them like a piece of cake.
They were busy eating food and having sex birthing many children and also marrying underage gals.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Stoplying:

The likes of you seem to believe that election= democracy.
I will have you reminded that Adolph Hitler's dictatorship got into power through elections.

What you forgot is that Hitler earlier went to jail for attempted coup. Abi you didn't read that part?
His NAZI party was built on hate and we all know the consequences.
It is a long stretch to compare what is happening in Niger with Hitler's Germany.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Stoplying: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

What you forgot is that Hitler earlier went to jail for attempted coup. Abi you didn't read that part?
What does that have to do with the fact that he got power through your celebrated "democratic elections" ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
I don't want war
Baba clean ya military gear down & be ready to go join d remaining 50million agbado youths at d battlefront once una oga send 4 una!
cool

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
Stoplying:

What does that have to do with the fact that he got power through your celebrated, "democratic elections" ?

There's no correlation. You are just trying to twist yourself out of common sense.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
fxexperts:
They were busy eating food and having sex birthing many children and also marrying underage gals.

Perhaps.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by baralatie(m): 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
HydraFeeds:
a man must fight for his right even at the face of overwhelming adversity or else he will be taken for granted and trampled upon .
Then it should be the people of Niger to fight for their right to who should rule and how they should be rule or did ECOWAS helped the people of nigeria to fight for return to democracy from the military?

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Demayour: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:
If Wagner ever comes to Niger the same people will be on the streets asking for Federal government to protect them.
These Africans are like pawns in a global chess game and they are oblivious to it.
It makes you wonder what Africans were doing when Europeans decided in Berlin to carve them up and share them like a piece of cake.

If after the Berlin conference, after the fights for independence, African countries decided to build their countries like Malaysia, Singapore and South Korea did, perhaps the story would have been different.

But as much as I wouldn't exonerate the hypocritical west, Africans and their leaders have a fair share of the blame also.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by SaLongs1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
adebayo987:
This northerners sef. Na wa o! Na so them say attack on Boko haram is an attack on the North... of course we knew the aftermaths. Who dey attack Niger? ECOWAS wan attack some criminals that hijacked Niger government from the people (democracy) to the military and restore democracy there. Which one be attack on Niger. Una dey confuse modern war with ancient war wey them dey kill both fowl and goats join. Na wa o!
I just dey wonder the kind self destruct mentality wey dis northerners get.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by martinm45: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
Demonstration shouldn't be for Kanu people alone people in every state demonstrate. We don't need war now. Nigerians are terribly hungry. Tinubu will send same hungry youth to go and fight in the army while his own children and grand are abroad
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Stoplying: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

His NAZI party was built on hate and we all know the consequences.
It is a long stretch to compare what is happening in Niger with Hitler's Germany.
I thought you were boasting of your mental capacity, but it seems you are easily lost. I clearly was only proving that not( elections = democracy).
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Stoplying: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Demayour:

If after the Berlin conference, after the fights for independence, African countries decided to build their countries like Malaysia, Singapore and South Korea did, perhaps the story would have been different.

But as much as I wouldn't exonerate the hypocritical west, Africans and their leaders have a fair share of the blame also.
So you mean Lumumba, Kwame Nkrumah, Gaddafi, Sankara ... did a bad job ? Or were they killed and replaced with western lackeys ?
Dude, you need lectures on neocolonialism.

Africa can not rely on leaders, we all have to join forces and fight for q better future. If you guys had sense then you would be trying to kick France out of Africa instead of supporting tinubu because he's your tribesman. (I love some of tinubu's decisions, but on Niger, he is wrong.)
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Bobbiee: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
I heard some block heads also hoisted French flags. Which is ironic as France is the one calling for war... I mean "Military Intervention"
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Jlow2: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
Imagine this protest coming from southeast
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Bobbiee: 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
I will be more than happy once the war enters Northern border states. In fact, I will rub one out to the sound of gun fire and grenades peppering Northern states. Karma is very delicious. Very nice and sweet. Later when they act like zombies and vote their brother or listen to stupid corrupt leaders to vote, something even worse will happen to them again.

I know that the Sad Waste will not be spared. Worse things are coming to the Cavern Skull people. Hopefully, it is the North that will send their fulani herdsmen to continue from where they stopped in Kwara state and take the whole South West region

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by dfrost: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคจ
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

Joke of the century. The voice of the Nigeriens is the democratically elected president. There's no history of benevolent dictatorship in Africa. These current junta in Niger will be kicked out maximum another fiver years even without any outside intervention, and it goes on and on.
It is like the proverbial mad man who does the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.
If the president was that popular, the country will be in chaos right now from the coup.
The coup is as a result of disillusionment by the populace as well as being a puppet regime to the French.

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by BigBashiru: 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Bobbiee: 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
Thank God, northeners are begining to see how evil yoruba fake muslims are.

They are not beginning to see anything. They are only screaming because it is their brothers and sisters that are being attacked. They couldn't care less if the rest of Nigeria was in flames.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Bobbiee: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
I just hope through all these rubbish going on in Nigeria, everyone in South East and South South should fold their arms. After all, Benin and Northern Nigeria share a border. If Niger enters Nigeria through Benin, then it would be the Yorubas that will collect, and the North will face their foolishness squarely. Once it gets bad enough, we'll declare Biafra and pull out before they reach our region
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by donbenie(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
adebayo987:
This northerners sef. Na wa o! Na so them say attack on Boko haram is an attack on the North... of course we knew the aftermaths. Who dey attack Niger? ECOWAS wan attack some criminals that hijacked Niger government from the people (democracy) to the military and restore democracy there. Which one be attack on Niger. Una dey confuse modern war with ancient war wey them dey kill both fowl and goats join. Na wa o!
Cra.p.๐Ÿ’ฏ
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by emperor4love(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tinubu want to liv by example,ecowas chairperson for a reason
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by CloudTrees(f): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Personal interest over the country's
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Lovenorth: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
adebayo987:
God bless oga Putin
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Chucks13: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
soccerlite:

Lolzzzzz

You said God forbid obi to be President ๐Ÿ˜†

Is obi not a Nigerian, obi ambition indirectly worked in favour of tinubu victory

I see you love tinubu so much, may the way tinubu is running nigeria be the same outcome your life and generation will be ran.

You are not under a curse and yet you disrespect elderly people because of obi is that not a curse on its own?

I don't need to curse you because the luggages around your neck is beyond a curse, cursing you on top is like wanting you to kpeme so keep it to yourself. Bro ou are finished.

You re gone already. Somebody already eating tape in public and gasping the air to catch flies no need to curse the person anymore because he is gone already and that who you are. Go and ask the meaning of "eating tape" from those who understand better wallahi you wil go and hang yourself straight.

Ndooh! You will be heal someday.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by thunderbabs: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
Make Election tribunal serve Baba hot breakfast this new week quick jare. Let's know where we re going.

The West go dey push dem and dey go dey follow like mumu. The Niger coup had not a single bullet shot nor life lost so why trying to push a while army squad to the country.

To cause unnecessary bloodshed. Baba should use some sense na
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by optimusprime2(m): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
HydraFeeds:
Diplomacy is important but if talk fail ,action must follow .

Coup must be tamed in west Africa else the whole region will be destabilized.
Also, it will make ECOWAS look bad if diplomacy failed but action did not follow.

What are you talking about?
Before I start my analysis, I want you to take note of three very important Highlights;
1:It was a Bloodless coup
2: It was a successful coup
3: The People of Niger were very Happy with the results of the coup

WIth that Being said;

First of all, the approach B.A.T took as the Head of ECOWAS was very wrong on various levels... His first contact with the military Junta in Niger after a successful coup, was with a threat, force sanctions and an ultimatum... Tinubu totally blewout the opportunity for a proper diplomatic resolve with his first contact-which is why Abdulsalam Abubakar's visit was in vain.

Secondly; Three coups had previously taken place in the Bloc and Nana Akufo-Addo knew better, than to respond militarily to a sucessful coup, especially in the case of Burkina-Faso that directly borders Ghana (Like Nigeria and Niger) instead he spear headed a deal with Burkina Faso that offered a timeline for the Military to return power back to civillian democracy ... Why is ECOWAS suddenly pressed hard to respond... is it because, in this case France has a direct loss (I know B.A.T literally dines with France, but who were his advisers on this issue).

Thirdly: Have you not noticed these coups have one thing in common, (Francophone countries) trying to break lose from imperialism? which is why the people are majorly in support of all the Military coups in Guinea, Mali, Burkina-Faso and currently Niger.
What concerns Nigeria in this unnecessary military intervention that is potentially a regional war since the people are fully behind their military Juntas? When Nigeria had it's own Military period, what did ECOWAS do?? was it not still diplomacy??

Fourthly: Don't you think West African leaders even have problems, for them not seeing this is obviously a plot?? What is the Wagner group even doing in West Africa in the first place??

Fifth: The Humanitarian crisis that will occur is something they do not even factor in... War creates refugee's currently IDP's are all over nothern Nigeria because of the insurgency issues, combining it with new refugee's and there would be chaos...

Mhan... this is not even the time to keep quiet and allow Nigeria/Niger become a weapons testing ground for some actors, because it is not going to be funny at all...
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Hopebringer: 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
pansophist:

I identify as a female, but originally male. Life as a man hard abeg

So you are gay?
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by adebayo987: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
Omodua:
What's Nigeria's interest in Niger coup. The people wanted the change. And the change came. Why then do we cry more than the bereaved mother.

The coup in Niger is analogous to what's happening here. Here in Nigeria, there was civilian coup that brought emergence of present administration. And in Niger, it was through barrels of the gun.

Why then the noise from Presidency on happenings in that country.

We should concentrate on our internal problems. Insurgency and banditry, in particular. Two days ago, 17 persons were killed in Plateau state. This should concern us the more and not happenings in far away Niger trying to solve their own problems.
It's difficult to say that a protest by 30k people in support of somebody represents all in a country. It's easy for somebody in Togo to see a pro-Tinubu's protests on the TV and conclude that all of Nigerians have revealed their full support for Tinubu.

I've personally had a paid protest where I was paid and I organised people to protest in order to achieve a specific goal, and at end of it, I smiled home but those who came out to protest with me knew nothing about it because in their mind, they're there for something serious but Lol, it's just politics. #endsars protest was not the voice of all Nigerians as the entire North did not participate. So, don't always be carried away with protests. Some of them, the people in charge has taken something. And planning a very solid and convincing protest can take at least six months to make it perfect because in this six months, the pioneers may delay salaries, or do something that will be a reason for the protest in the next months coming ahead. Also, the protest can be organised to hold so that the workers (as in NLC) will think and believe that something is being done to change something, but it's just a staged play by the organisers to fool you. Again, a protest also happens to make a company trend on social media and appear in the news as a form of adverts. When a company is about to recruit, they may pay some people to protest about salary increase and pay for TV and Radio broadcast of the protest from backdoor just to make their aim reached. Also, a protest can be organised when a company wants to drop a senior staff. They'll use the lower level workers to convince the senior staff to go on a peaceful protest and after the protest, he'll be fired but somebody will be smiling home.

Protest is a very powerful political tool to convince the ignorant minds.

Whether you've observed it or not, NLC's recent staged protest has calmed workers in this trying times. It has made them believe that the government will actually do something while they wait.

Putin organized a rally in his support that produced thousands of Russians in his support for the attack in Ukraine when we clearly know that not all of them are happy with it based on how they're running out of their country, and resigning from key government institutions, etc.

Let me stop here before I find trouble!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Apologies, Tinubu Has Character Required For Nigeria โ€” Wike / Doyin Okupe Offers N1million To Anyone That Can List 10 Achievements Of Buhari / Police Arrest Killer Of Temitope Sugar Olatoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.