Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,375 members, 7,964,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:10 PM

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC (29639 Views)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Inspects Construction Of Oguta Naval Base / Buhari Arrives Naval Base In Lagos / Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OkayDaddy: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
JOemmy:

Everything must be tribalized in this forum didn't u read where he stated that they're no naval base in the middle belt and the east?

Shut up.
When others did what this man is doing, your brothers were making noise like lost baboons. Now, you are pretending to be detribalized.

By the way, there's a Naval base in Anambra. Anambra no dey South East, abi?
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bobbiee: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
Omo. Military should just take over this country. I'm done with civilian politicians
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by DevilishMan: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
@Seun call your moderators to other.

A particular moderator I don't want to mention his name but his a notorious tribalistic mod, always create post after I might have created a post, and close my thread saying the thread has been created.

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by andy244: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
"That river used to be a seaport during the colonial era, and it has been abandoned. We believe that if we can police that area, it will give assurances to investors, who will now invest in the development of that seaway for the benefit of the people of Enugu State.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OkayDaddy: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bobbiee:
Omo. Military should just take over this country. I'm done with civilian politicians

All these dumb Obidients sef.
They will just kill you for treason and throway your corpse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by NapoleonHill: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

U don finish dat guy
He did not finish the guy, he just doesn't have sense to comprehend the comment he qouted. It's not the northerners shouting nepotism.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by DyingFetus: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
What of the port at oji river ??
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Gamesmart: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
This cretin called Ogalla wants to waste Nigeria's resources to build something in his state, like that Biu bastard that thought the best place for army University is in Biu.

Tinubu, sack this fooool!
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Igboslayer: 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
so because there's naval base in Ogbaru Anambra state, their shouldn't be any other one in SE?. Here we have Naval base in Delta state, we also have in Rivers state, Cross River, Akwa ibom, etc.

Is Ogbaru base enough to cover SE?.
Why are you so deranged?.

It will cover SE and parts of Kogi and Benue which are in North Central
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Felix6: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
Another thieving outpost to be established.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by delzbaba(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
I'm beginning to hate this country, so once you get a role in government you start focusing on your state of origin to develop as if you are serving only your state,,smh
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by samuelson06(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:

A particular moderator I don't want to mention his name but his a notorious tribalistic mod, always create post after I might have created a post, and close my thread saying the thread has been created.

Then stop creating threads. You ain't paid for it. Use that time to engage in other meaningful things.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by PHIPEX(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Are there external threats alongside those coastal areas? Definitely No, because these are not border States.

Nigerian Military should stop delving into the functions of the Nigerian Police Force.

Nigerian Soldiers are trained to kill and police are the only ones with the tendency to make peace and also prosecute criminals.
You are already ranting simply because you head Enugu. Are you aware Kaduna has a dry port?
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Ofemmanu1: 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Igbo man taking naval base to his hometown. If na another person from another ethnicity, the usual suspect will start shouting nepotism.

Ipob people are shameless.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Wisewriter: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:

I KNOW THE MODERATOR. IS NOT LALA,LALA IS TOO BIG FOR IT. THE MOD IS FOND OF THAT
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Ofemmanu1: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Navy Operational bases should be along coastal lines of Nigeria's border States or where Ships and vessels operate and not intrastate rivers where fishermen go for daily business.

These men are trained to kill. They will go there and start harassing the villagers and fishermen.

Na true o.

Dem fit kill innocent fisherman because of Kpekus.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Confirmedzombie: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
I condemn this move, I condemn it, I condemn it I condemn it.

There is a Naval base in Anambra, Imo, Abia why create another one in the SE.

This is not acceptable and I call on president to call the chief of Naval base to other.

Looking at the River, what will the navy protect there.

This is absolute nonsense and waste of resources.

If this Naval base is established, we will shutdown SE with a massive protest.

I will wait for Peter obi to condemn this move
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Judolisco(m): 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Igbo man taking naval base to his hometown. If na another person from another ethnicity, the usual suspect will start shouting nepotism.
let's excuse dis one abeg... When he was appointed they said he is not from enugu... Maybe he is doing it to prove a point
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Ofemmanu1: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
so because there's naval base in Ogbaru Anambra state, their shouldn't be any other one in SE?. Here we have Naval base in Delta state, we also have in Rivers state, Cross River, Akwa ibom, etc.

Is Ogbaru base enough to cover SE?.
Why are you so deranged?.

It will cover SE and parts of Kogi and Benue which are in North Central

You forgot eegbos are %5.

Guy was saying "One Naval Base is enough to cover the %5 godforsaken tiny-dot area" ..

... and I agree with him.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by billyG(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Which north central?River benue would have been a better choice for naval base.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Petyprince: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
So the port in question is only for fishermen?.

Let's assume it's only for fishermen, does fishermen not deserve security?.

So interstate Waters are only good for fishing and not for movement of goods and services?
That should be Police duty
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by SmartyPants(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
OkayDaddy:

If you do, why do they lack prosecutial lowers.

Because it is a limited policing function. Please check the Armed Forces Act.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by kingyakos: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Cooly100:

Every living thing on earth knows that the very greedy and selfish Yorubas will be the first to cry as usual chief town criers...

If you give them heaven and earth and give the others small part...

Na so dey go dey wail...

See below is the Army University built by the former army chief in his home town...

We didn't see you hate filled people wail because they are your master...

Why you hate Igbos and still want to share a country with them is the 8th wonder of this world.

The Nigerian prison HQ is station in Osun because na so so thief, druggie and skull miners full dat region
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by DeepSight(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
So the port in question is only for fishermen?.

Let's assume it's only for fishermen, does fishermen not deserve security?.

So interstate Waters are only good for fishing and not for movement of goods and services?

The Police suffices for that. The Police have gun-boats as well, just as they have helicopters.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Nice one, Asiwaju is working. Asiwaju must rescue Nigeria whether Obi likes it or not.
Working in your dreams. Dey play you here. U better wake up and smell the coffee
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Jman06(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Adeneeyee84: 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
All this marginalization people will not see d good thing federal government is dropping at their doorstep now
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by pocom35: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Exactly

The former naval chief established a naval base in this own state, Kano..

Some people wanted to overload the internet with their hatred..now.. it is in Igbo land now..no noise
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by pocom35: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
delzbaba:
I'm beginning to hate this country, so once you get a role in government you start focusing on your state of origin to develop as if you are serving only your state,,smh

If one doesn't do it...his people will hate him and see him as useless..

When amaechi was appointed minister of transport...he served Nigeria and delivered rails in the places they were needed the most.. Lagos - Ibadan..and extended it to apapa port..

His Eastern brothers hated him because he didn't develop port Harcourt to Enugu first and abandon lagos.despite the potential of Lagos rails .

That is how black people are wired
.live with it...
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by DeepThroater: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Is that stream navigable ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by pocom35: 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Don’t talk what you don’t know
Almost all Nigeria chief of staff have done the same. One even move army headquarters to Borno state and build army university in Borno state too.

Former Army chief of stuff was building the university in his community after spending billions he was remove from office the project is abandoned project now in Abia state.
All the armed forces are headquartered in Abuja..

Yes all service chiefs have done the same..

But what he is saying is that the same sect of people that scream marginalisation when it is done In the north is now silent
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by stansaintly(m): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Are there external threats alongside those coastal areas? Definitely No, because these are not border States.

Nigerian Military should stop delving into the functions of the Nigerian Police Force.

Nigerian Soldiers are trained to kill and police are the only ones with the tendency to make peace and also prosecute criminals.

You're wrong bro.
The 3 major functional roles of the Nigerian Navy are
1. Military role (to secure our maritime "territorial" integrity.
2. Policing
3. Diplomatic role

I will allow you to make your findings and come back for constructive criticism or arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 / Portable To Face More Than 6-Count Charges - Police / Crowd Welcome Saraki At Ilorin Airport (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.