Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,906 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:13 PM

My Thought - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Thought (266 Views)

My Thought As A Farmer. I Don't Want To Be Kidnapped / Just A Random Thought On The Best Type Of Soil For Farming / My thought on first class and second class holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thought by Tohsynetita1: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
What if government or any millionaire buys a large sparse of land like 500 acres, then give like 1 acre for those that want to use it free of charge, mandate them to plant tree crops and give out the seeds or seedlings also freely, they will take charge of the rest.

Then, cash crops like orange, cashew, Cocoa, mangoes, avocado, kolanut, bitter cola, pawpaw, rubber,castor, Jack fruit, sour sop, breadfruit, coconut, palm kernel,pear, apple, guava, tangerine, date plant, sugarcane, plantain, banana, almond, hazel nut, macadamia, strawberry, miracle fruit, Kiwi, shea nut tree , Dragon fruit etc will be mandated for planting.

Then, management of the farm will be by the those that rent it, and after growth like 3 to 4 years, the owner takes 10 percent of the proceeds made from his or her farm and government or the landlord takes the rest. This is a very good business strategy for those seeking for strategy in business.
Most of those bushy sparse of land can be used for such, and those that might want to go into long term crops like trees, iroko, mahogany, obeche ,gedu, mulaina, Bamboo, will sign an agreement of like 20 years with the landlord.
Re: My Thought by rainmoredays: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
Will corruption allow it manifest

1 Like

Re: My Thought by Tohsynetita1: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
it will, if it's privately owned and not governmental owned. These are what Universities, churches, companies could do.
Re: My Thought by drake2(m): 4:44am On Aug 14, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
What if government or any millionaire buys a large sparse of land like 500 acres, then give like 1 acre for those that want to use it free of charge, mandate them to plant tree crops and give out the seeds or seedlings also freely, they will take charge of the rest.

Then, cash crops like orange, cashew, Cocoa, mangoes, avocado, kolanut, bitter cola, pawpaw, rubber,castor, Jack fruit, sour sop, breadfruit, coconut, palm kernel,pear, apple, guava, tangerine, date plant, sugarcane, plantain, banana, almond, hazel nut, macadamia, strawberry, miracle fruit, Kiwi, shea nut tree , Dragon fruit etc will be mandated for planting.

Then, management of the farm will be by the those that rent it, and after growth like 3 to 4 years, the owner takes 10 percent of the proceeds made from his or her farm and government or the landlord takes the rest. This is a very good business strategy for those seeking for strategy in business.
Most of those bushy sparse of land can be used for such, and those that might want to go into long term crops like trees, iroko, mahogany, obeche ,gedu, mulaina, Bamboo, will sign an agreement of like 20 years with the landlord.

It's quite commendable you got your thinking cap on, but disappointingly wrongfully.

Are you sure, you understand your proposal?; From your sense of land size to your crop types and cultivation timelines / benefits sharing; obviously this is a shallow mastery of the subject.

You can propose/advice on thematic iss1ues that you have capacity and competence on.

There already exist deluge of Agricultural production and sustainable livelihoods interventions/solutions; but your politicians/policy implementors/intellectuals are clanish bigots/dotards.
Re: My Thought by Waffarianman(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2023
Government, churches, mosque dont want to help. God will find a way for the poor.

Like Tupac said.

They have money for war
but can't feed the poor
Re: My Thought by benzion72(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2023
There is no free land anywhere in Nigeria. If you want to test carry your Cutlass and try to work an abandoned land the owner will show up. Nigeria has the worst land tenure system
Re: My Thought by Shinjawestern: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
Waffarianman:
Government, churches, mosque dont want to help. God will find a way for the poor.

Like Tupac said.

They have money for war
but can't feed the poor

Churches are trying their best ...

I don't know what mosques are doing?
Re: My Thought by Tohsynetita1: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
drake2:

It's quite commendable you got your thinking cap on, but disappointingly wrongfully.

Are you sure, you understand your proposal?; From your sense of land size to your crop types and cultivation timelines / benefits sharing; obviously this is a shallow mastery of the subject.

You can propose/advice on thematic iss1ues that you have capacity and competence on.

There already exist deluge of Agricultural production and sustainable livelihoods interventions/solutions; but your politicians/policy implementors/intellectuals are clanish bigots/dotards.

I understood what I wrote and how it could be carried out. But it's only those who won't want unemployment to reduce in the country that might see another thing. Am not talking about government but what of individuals that do use money for something that might be frivolous.
Re: My Thought by drake2(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

I understood what I wrote and how it could be carried out. But it's only those who won't want unemployment to reduce in the country that might see another thing. Am not talking about government but what of individuals that do use money for something that might be frivolous.

Thank you for your mention. In your original post; first paragraph says: What if Government and millionaires?. Two quick questions: who are the policy makers and implementors?; Who are the millionaires?. Your confusions are not only limited to the above two:

You also dabbled into Agricultural interventions with absolute scant understanding/knowledge:
1. What's 500 Acres?
2. What is 1 Acre per individual? [Lack of understanding in land size measurements and Agricultural impacts]
3. Your listed crop choices are baloney (3-4yrs)
4. Your timelines, ROI and benefits sharing are ludicrous

Your attempt to re-enforce understanding of your thoughts in Agriculture is loudly irritating/clanish.

Your topic in the Agriculture thread: "My Thought" heightened my expectation for informed and learnable out of the box ideas; but it was not. So stick to themes with your area of innovative competence.

Thank you.
Re: My Thought by Tohsynetita1: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
drake2:

Thank you for your mention. In your original post; first paragraph says: What if Government and millionaires?. Two quick questions: who are the policy makers and implementors?; Who are the millionaires?. Your confusions are not only limited to the above two:

You also dabbled into Agricultural interventions with absolute scant understanding/knowledge:
1. What's 500 Acres?
2. What is 1 Acre per individual? [Lack of understanding in land size measurements and Agricultural impacts]

Your attempt to re-enforce understanding of your thoughts in Agriculture is loudly irritating/clanish.

Your topic in the Agriculture thread: "My Thought" heightened my expectation for informed and learnable out of the box ideas; but it was not. So stick to themes with your area of innovative competence.

Thank you.

what happened to this critics, when I say 1 acre per individuals, everyone knows what one acre area is. Am not here to be telling you how it should be divided. Don't worry Sha. it's my thought. I just feel like helping Masses but it feels as if am inexperienced.
Re: My Thought by Tohsynetita1: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
drake2:

1. What's 500 Acres?

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Cracker Machine For Sale / Moringa Seed / Palm Kenel Shell 4 Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.