Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal (7803 Views)

Dangote Gains N15.6bn In 24 Hours, Now Worth N3tn / Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 / Nigeria To Invest Us$2.68 Billion In Indonesian Refinery Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aloyemeka1: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigeria to invest Rp 24t in Indonesian refinery deal[/size]
The Jakarta Post | Wed, 10/12/2011 2:19 PM A | A | A |
Nigeria plans to invest Rp 24 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in Indonesia to fund the construction of three oil refineries, an official says.

The Industry Ministry's director general for manufacturing-based industry, Panggah Susanto, was quoted by kompas.com as saying that both countries had agreed to build the refineries in Indonesia.

Nigeria, which produces 2.6 million barrels of oil per day (bpd), was looking for a partner to refine its crude oil, Panggah said.

"Previously they wanted the refineries to be built in Nigeria," he said Tuesday. "However, as Indonesia is currently improving its downstream industry, Indonesia wanted the refineries to be built here instead."

The refineries, which are projected to produce 300 bpd each, will be used to process crude oil from Nigeria.

"State firm PT Pertamina will buy the crude oil from Nigeria and process it here," he said.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/10/12/nigeria-invest-rp-24t-indonesian-refinery-deal.html
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aloyemeka1: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
[size=16pt]LORD HAVE MERCY ON US AND RETARDEEEEN ODECHUKWU JONATHAN.[/size]
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Sunofgod(m): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]Nigeria to invest Rp 24t in Indonesian refinery deal[/size]
The Jakarta Post | Wed, 10/12/2011 2:19 PM A | A | A |
Nigeria plans to invest Rp 24 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in Indonesia to fund the construction of three oil refineries, an official says.

The Industry Ministry's director general for manufacturing-based industry, Panggah Susanto, was quoted by kompas.com as saying that both countries had agreed to build the refineries in Indonesia.

Nigeria, which produces 2.6 million barrels of oil per day (bpd), was looking for a partner to refine its crude oil, Panggah said.

"Previously they wanted the refineries to be built in Nigeria," he said Tuesday. "However, as Indonesia is currently improving its downstream industry, Indonesia wanted the refineries to be built here instead."

The refineries, which are projected to produce 300 bpd each, will be used to process crude oil from Nigeria.

"State firm PT Pertamina will buy the crude oil from Nigeria and process it here," he said.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/10/12/nigeria-invest-rp-24t-indonesian-refinery-deal.html

@Op

This better be a joke.

Investing money to build refineries in Indonesia - to benefit Indonesians.

And again we import the refined products?

This better be a joke - I'm about to explode (Like Boko)
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aloyemeka1: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
Sun of god:

@Op

This better be a joke.

Investing money to build refineries in Indonesia - to benefit Indonesians.

And again we import the refined products?

This better be a joke - I'm about to explode (Like Boko)

It is no joke. The Indonesian govt probably gave them leeway to stash money away and the profit will be higher for them than building it in Nigeria. UP Retardeen & co.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
pls put this topic on homepage ooo. i just saw it on FB. this is madnesssssssssss ooooo. Yet these bassssssssterddds wants to remove subsidy and increase the hardship on Nigerians. hahahah. we have sold our destiny to satan. let this country just end and cease from being called a country
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2011
We voted Retardeen and not Odechukwu
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by ektbear: 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
GEJ again

Why are we giving them money to build refinery? Why ship it all the way to Indonesia when the same money you give them can be used to build refinery in your own country? Even if for some reason you don't want to build one in Nigeria, built one in a neighboring country.

Smh
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2011
Lets create jobs for Indonesians since Nigerians are overemployed.

And import the fuel back to Nigeria which the populace would buy at unsubsidized prices
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Parisgoodman(m): 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
they sold it n coleted change oooooo
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Gekko(m): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
I refuse to believe this true, please tell me someone culled this article from entertainment weekly magazine.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by TomFord: 11:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

We voted Retardeen and not Odechukwu

dayo,why do u always insult your president?virtually every post of yours is filled with name calling

who really advises the president?
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aljharem3: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2011
Where is that PointB and edicolove.

Jonathan should stop listening to Iweala and maduke

these two ministers are not it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by igbo2011(m): 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2011
Useless government this just makes me sad. These politicians are too easy to influence. Give them something shiny and tell them it is worth something.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by dayokanu(m): 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
Tom Ford:

dayo,why do u always insult your president?virtually every post of yours is filled with name calling

I am not insulting him ooooo. God is my witness . Retardeen odechukwu is his name ni. gaskiya

If you call Zukerberg a "Whizkid" or Bill Gates a "Geek", Osama a "Terrorist" or Warren Buffet A "Sage" Its not insulting its just an apt description of those individual.

Just like when you Call Goodluck Odechukwu Jonathan a "Retardeen" No be curse walahi
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aljharem3: 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2011
igbo2011:

Useless government this just makes me sad.  These politicians are too easy to influence.  Give them something shiny and tell them it is worth something.

was it not a similar topic I was discussing with you on the other thread some hours ago

Well look at it now

A refineery meant to create some jobs for people has been taken to Indonesian

Iweala and co do not cut it for me
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Beaf: 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2011
Tom Ford:

Thats gutter morals on display.

@topic
The story is very bent and useless, there isn't even a direct quote, rather it is 3rd party news quoting another website which isn't in English (the whole thing is more like gossip).

Nigeria has a deal with China to build 3 new refineries here in Nigeria. 1 in Lagos, 1 in Bayelsa and the last in Rivers.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aljharem3: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2011
Beaf:

@topic
The story is very bent and useless, there isn't even a direct quote, rather it is 3rd party news quoting another website which isn't in English (the whole thing is more like gossip).

Nigeria has a deal with China to build 3 new refineries here in Nigeria. 1 in Lagos, 1 in Bayelsa and the last in Rivers.

How do you know ? Are you Jonathan himself grin

Jokes aside, any verification on ur claim ?
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by jason123: 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
Beaf:

@topic

Can you please start a thread on that so people can see. But if you can't, can you give more info, like the scheduled opening date etc . . .
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

^^ Egbon mi razist

How body. Isnt it amazing that you do the same thing to Aregbesola, Buhari, IBB, Tinubu, OBJ etc

Or you also have gutter morals?

That shouldnt be surprisng since the whole Delta state is now an aquarium
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Olaone1: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

GEJ again

Why are we giving them money to build refinery? Why ship it all the way to Indonesia when the same money you give them can be used to build refinery in your own country? Even if for some reason you don't want to build one in Nigeria, built one in a neighboring country.

Smh

Now you know why some Nigerians are pessimistic?

Just go and apply for ur own YouWin abi wetin dem call am?

SMH
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by TomFord: 12:05am On Oct 13, 2011
dayokanu:

I am not insulting him ooooo. God is my witness . Retardeen odechukwu is his name ni. gaskiya

If you call Zukerberg a "Whizkid" or Bill Gates a "Geek", Osama a "Terrorist" or Warren Buffet A "Sage" Its not insulting its just an apt description of those individual.

Just like when you Call Goodluck Odechukwu Jonathan a "Retardeen" No be curse walahi

well then its quite descriptive
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Beaf: 12:10am On Oct 13, 2011
alj_harem:

How do you know ? Are you Jonathan himself grin

Jokes aside, any verification on your claim ?
jason123:

Can you please start a thread on that so people can see. But if you can't, can you give more info, like the scheduled opening date etc . . .

Stop being funny, the Chinese deal to build 3 new refineries is old news that has been dealt with on NL several times. You no de read newspapers?
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aloyemeka1: 12:12am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

@topic

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/mission-incredible-nigeria-invest-us268-billion-indonesian-refinery-deal
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aljharem3: 12:14am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

Stop being funny, the Chinese deal to build 3 new refineries is old news that has been dealt with on NL several times. You no de read newspapers?

actually lagos, balaysea and kebbi state not rivers

Now the actual i saw on nairaland but did not tell us what year it would be commission

btw, it started june 2010 so what year is it going to be commissioned ?

Has the project even started at all ?

thanks
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by ektbear: 12:15am On Oct 13, 2011
Ola one:

Now you know why some Nigerians are pessimistic?

Just go and apply for your own YouWin abi wetin dem call am?

SMH

Yeah I see what you guys mean
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by aloyemeka1: 12:25am On Oct 13, 2011
Why should Nigeria build a refinery in Kebbi state? What for?. Why not renovate the one in Kaduna and serve the whole North?. Energy consumption in the south is 4x that of north because majority of the North is agrarian and they seldom use electricity, A/C, fridge, many dont have automobiles and the few who owns one, are mainly motorcycle owners.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by TomFord: 12:38am On Oct 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Why should Nigeria build a refinery in Kebbi state? What for?. Why not renovate the one in Kaduna and serve the whole North?. Energy consumption in the south is 4x that of north because majority of the North is agrarian and they seldom use electricity, A/C, fridge, many dont have automobiles and the few who owns one, are mainly motorcycle owners.

like you took the words out of my mouth.why kebbi?i can understand lagos

beaf,what's your stand on private refineries?it doesn't seem to get govt backing
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by Beaf: 12:42am On Oct 13, 2011
Tom Ford:

like you took the words out of my mouth.why kebbi?i can understand lagos

beaf,what's your stand on private refineries?it doesn't seem to get govt backing

Private refineries have the govts backing. There are even plans to regulate the illegal refineries in the ND and SE and bring them into the mainstream.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by OAM4J: 12:48am On Oct 13, 2011
I want to believe the story is not true.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by 2mch(m): 12:55am On Oct 13, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin. Who says you need common sense to be a PhD, World Bank executive or Nigerian minister? And who came up with the bright idea to put a refinery in overpopulated places like Lagos and Rivers? angry. When there are places like Ekiti, Ebonyi or Borno? sad. Are they planning on reducing the Nigerian population? Do we have human beings as leaders or robots? buhahahhaha. Comedy.
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by jason123: 1:01am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

I might have skipped it. If you have the article, please post it. It will help people get some perspective on the issue.

alj_harem:

actually lagos, balaysea and kebbi state not rivers

Now the actual i saw on nairaland but did not tell us what year it would be commission

btw, it started june 2010 so what year is it going to be commissioned ?

Has the project even started at all ?

thanks
Can you post the article, if you can?
Re: Nigeria To Invest $2.6bn In Indonesian Refinery Deal by feelme3(m): 1:12am On Oct 13, 2011
NLers, beware of anything that comes out of that poster BEAF.
Just found out the faceless propagandist is a cousin to our D.A.M.E cheesy cheesy cheesy seriously. he's the one that handles their "runs" with banks,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here Is The Most Important SECRET Of Operating PayPal Account In Nigeria / How Do I Become An Fm(Federico Mahora) Distributor / Have Your Bank Complied With The New CBN Cashless Policy Circular?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.