Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,129 members, 7,933,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:35 PM

Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election (15636 Views)

Omobayo Godwins Is Edo State Deputy Governor - Edo Government To Shaibu / Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov / Obaseki To Shaibu: Dropping Your Guber Ambition, Only Pathway To Reconciliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Menclothing: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2023
vowiski:

LAGOS is a slum na, you have never travelled out so you can't really know. Even if you have travelled out, you may not want to tell yourself the truth.

A Nigerian Lizard can't automatically become an Alligator when it gets to USA.

if it didn't dey it didn't dey cheesy

With the revenue from Lagos, it should be competing with Dubai and not Edo.

Edo should be competing with Texas lolz but ordinary Enugu akwa ibom and ogun better than it
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Chiefpriestt: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2023
madridguy:
Since you guys cannot make your comment peacefully then we are here to drag una like tiger generator.
Truly, Lagosians are following a man but so far
where Lagos dey today, it will take Edo state another 100 years to reach there.

Stop talking trash. Lagos gained development long ago as former FCT.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Chiefpriestt: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

🤣🤣🤣

Madridguy really?

President Tinubu is on the right track right?

You know why I like you?

If them owe you a day salary you go begin confess

This was you👇👇👇
Lol. You caught him on the balls
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by victorsola: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2023
vowiski:
Does Philip Shaibu needs a soothsayer to tell him he can NEVER be governor of Edo State?

Even if you put one military man and one thug per house to deter voters, it can't happen in Edo...

The Next Governor is coming from Esan..

The deputy can't claim to be ignorant of how Politics is Run in Edo....

This is not Lagos where everyone follows one man like a dummy cheesy
na this mentality of na we fit do am dey kill Edo state and since then Edo state or rather benin city should be one of the leading examples for other cities but it’s the worse in the country . And later they will claim Edo no be lagos . Fools paradise

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Babathanks(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2023
Relevant123:

I like Edo people,they always speak their mind without fear

U like Edo because many of them hate we Yorubas.😉😉😉. But ThankGod because Edo north is still our Allie because some town there are Yorubas
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by waledeji(m): 11:12am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
Same selfish slogan that plunged us into mess

It was later Tinubu revealed that he didn’t promise Nigerians anything that he only said it’s his turn

Anyways I trust my Edo people

They’re headquarters of Obidient

Edo loves Obi more than Anambra loves Obi so any rubbish Tinubu slogan automatically disqualifies any Mumu emilokan rubbish
Dear lord...... Dude how much are you being paid to stay on nairaland 24/7
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Thislifesef: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2023
vowiski:
Does Philip Shaibu needs a soothsayer to tell him he can NEVER be governor of Edo State?

Even if you put one military man and one thug per house to deter voters, it can't happen in Edo...

oga, Nigeria politics is not turn by turn, you play the game and win.

I am from esan central but I don't even see us producing the next governor.

The biggest mistake PDP will make is by presenting an esan candidate because APC will field a bini candidate.
If this scenerio plays out, it's game over for pdp.
Oshiomhole will win edo North for APC, while the binis will not fail to grab the opportunity of being in power for 16 years.

Esan is the smallest region in edo and has little relevance on who determines who becomes a governor.
Exceot esan align with edo North or edo South we can never produce a governor.

This is Nigeria politics, emotions has no place in Nigeria politics, turn by turn has no place in Nigeria politics.
It's pure game, if you feel it's your turn then play the game.
As it is currently in edo, I do not see any hope for any esan candidate in the forthcoming guber elections.
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by vowiski(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2023
Thislifesef:

The biggest mistake PDP will make is by presenting an esan candidate because APC will field a bini candidate.
Oshiomhole will win edo North for APC, while the binis will not fail to grab the opportunity of being in power for 16 years.

Esan is the smallest region in edo and has little relevance on who determines who becomes a governor.

This is Nigeria politics, emotions has no place in Nigeria politics, turn by turn has no place in Nigeria politics.
As it is currently in edo, I do not see any hope for any esan candidate in the forthcoming guber elections.

FYI , I am not Esan..

Before you Dey blow gramma up and down
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Alliswell248: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
vowiski:

if Lagos sneeze? lwkmd cheesy

The region igbos helped develop to this current average level? , I laugh....

These tribal bigots keep amazing me with their soft-boxed contained mentality.

Ibo this...ibo that...the ibos that Mc Oluomo put where they belong.
The same ibo Ndlea is dealing with daily.
The same ibo that are inconsequential ...how many of them dey for state assembly.

Dey play

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by tnerro1(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
The turn of esan central, Edo north should go and rest small, the deputy will come from Edo south in the next dispensation.
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Loonyy(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
madridguy:
It is you that is saying rubbish... Because I don't expect jargons like this from an old man like you... So a state or country must have a port before it can work?

With the little population of Bayelsa state with rich resources, collecting huge allocation from the FG yet the state cannot compete with Alimosho local government in terms of development.

Ur really Naive on how tins work

But seriously no Vex say I mention you Bros

Aswear e no happen again

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Emekaonline: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
vowiski:

Do not forget that Edo is not Anambra where everyone follows a failure and gave him their 99% like imbeciles in the last presidential election. Such did not happen in Lagos
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Psammmy(m): 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2023
God bless, me bi dey wonder, when will it be Esan turn.. Benin turn 2 times, edo north oshomole, when is Esan turn

quote author=vowiski post=125141191]Does Philip Shaibu needs a soothsayer to tell him he can NEVER be governor of Edo State?

This is not Lagos where everyone follows one man like a dummy cheesy[/quote]
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by papamodico: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
SmartPolician:
Why do Nigerian governors always find it difficult to support their deputies to succeed them?

Mr. Shaibu has been very loyal to Mr. Obaseki, decamping with him from APC to PDP. Why is it difficult to support this loyal subordinate?
Governor Obaseki want his deputy to go down with him
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by emilo2bad: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
vowiski:

No way for esan obaseki man - Ighodalo is it
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Cullinane: 2:47am On Aug 17, 2023
madridguy:
Stop deceiving yourself, before the arrival of the colonial masters Lagos State is already doing fine.

Then why is the rest of Yorubaland including brown roof Ibadan, Abeokuta and Ife backwards looking compared to Lagos? Even Port Harcourt, Warri, Calabar, Uyo, Enugu, Kano are more advanced looking compared to all your Yoruba elite cities. Una go just dey deceive unaself. Lagos state doing fine before colonialism FIRE!!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by BanyXchi: 4:07am On Aug 17, 2023
Cullinane:
Then why is the rest of Yorubaland including brown roof Ibadan, Abeokuta and Ife backwards looking compared to Lagos? Even Port Harcourt, Warri, Calabar, Uyo, Enugu, Kano are more advanced looking compared to all your Yoruba elite cities. Una go just dey deceive unaself. Lagos state doing fine before colonialism FIRE!!!
delusional ibo, no where in your poverty-stricken terror infested region you can compare to abk
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Cromagnon: 8:00am On Aug 17, 2023
madridguy:
Since you guys cannot make your comment peacefully then we are here to drag una like tiger generator.

wetin come comcine you. Shebi they are happyt with the backwardness. Let them learn the hard way
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:27am On Aug 18, 2023
vowiski:

Go and sleep
come and make me sleep since I won't na mtcheew
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:57am On Aug 18, 2023
vowiski:

lol, wish I could like this a million times
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Max24: 6:02am On Aug 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Why do Nigerian governors always find it difficult to support their deputies to succeed them?

Mr. Shaibu has been very loyal to Mr. Obaseki, decamping with him from APC to PDP. Why is it difficult to support this loyal subordinate?
This has nothing to do with loyalty. So, Shuaibu wants to spend 16years either as gov or dep gov in a state that has many qualified potentials. Is he the only one loyal to Obaseki? Why can't office rotate round the state first among other zones to give sense of belonging to every part of the state. Greediness won't allow that in Africa. A typical greedy Nigerian politician wants to spend 8years as dep gov, another 8 years as gov and then unlimited years as senator until he becomes Vice President and the vicious cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2023
Thislifesef:

you are a clown,

Edo politics have since advanced beyond this tribal turn gimmick

Did you see the level at which obi was supported because people said it's the right thing to do

Majority of those obidients with PVC fall into the sensible ones now o, they are tired of the usual apc vs pdp choice

Anybody LP bring now they are supporting 100% especially if obi gets involved, I trust Abure to settle this well and get obi rallied up.

Apc might get Edo north, but Binis vote would majorly be going with LP. The truth is their is nothing apc can get in Edo south even if it fields a bini man cos tinubu party don really make people hate apc as distant third

Obaseki would bring a stooge whether esan or not, and both Edo south and Edo central would kukuma back LP

BTW don't forget apc still splits votes in Edo north, it's not like they would do landslide, so long as Binis no turn up for apc it's game over

Finally it's parties that would be struggling to field Esan now because of the narrative, if you are smart you would see that obaseki is trying to set shaibu up with the emilokan narrative, last election it was Edo no be Lagos narrative then obi narrative came

It's narrative Edo buys into now o, and the fairness and equity narrative of Edo central is number 1
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Thislifesef: 6:29am On Aug 18, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
you are a clown,

Edo politics have since advanced beyond this tribal turn gimmick

Did you see the level at which obi was supported because people said it's the right thing to do

Majority of those obidients with PVC fall into the sensible ones now o, they are tired of the usual apc vs pdp choice

Anybody LP bring now they are supporting 100% especially if obi gets involved, I trust Abure to settle this well and get obi rallied up.

Apc might get Edo north, but Binis vote would majorly be going with LP. The truth is their is nothing apc can get in Edo south even if it fields a bini man cos tinubu party don really make people hate apc as distant third

Obaseki would bring a stooge whether esan or not, and both Edo south and Edo central would kukuma back LP

BTW don't forget apc still splits votes in Edo north, it's not like they would do landslide, so long as Binis no turn up for apc it's game over

Finally it's parties that would be struggling to field Esan now because of the narrative, if you are smart you would see that obaseki is trying to set shaibu up with the emilokan narrative, last election it was Edo no be Lagos narrative then obi narrative came

It's narrative Edo buys into now o, and the fairness and equity narrative of Edo central is number 1
see this clown, you are In your state talking about eluup in edo state.

Who know eluup for Edo state when we are talking about grasssroot politics.

I am from and in edo and I can tell you for free that eluup is not in the scheme of things here.

We are talking of guber elections you are mentioning funny names like LP, obi and abure, all these ones na names of biscuit or chew gum
You think Say na play dem dey play for here

You are obviously not from edo and there's no point arguing with you sef.
So benin people hate anything people and APC that's why pdp and APC are sharing the house of assembly members, house of rep and senate members among themselves
Una normal sef?

Keep living in dillusion till your eyes clear.
Mumu say na fairness and equity equity edo dey follow, why is there no fairness and equity on who becomes the speaker of House of Assembly?

Mumu, in the whole Nigeria, politics is a game, troway emotion for Bush, it's between pdp and APC in edo, nobody know LP in edo, the frenzy that came with obi in the last general elections came and died with the presidential elections instantly.
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2023
Thislifesef:
see this clown, you are In your state talking about eluup in edo state.

Who know eluup for Edo state when we are talking about grasssroot politics.

I am from and in edo and I can tell you for free that eluup is not in the scheme of things here.

We are talking of guber elections you are mentioning funny names like LP, obi and abure, all these ones na names of biscuit or chew gum
You think Say na play dem dey play for here

You are obviously not from edo and there's no point arguing with you sef.
So benin people hate anything people and APC that's why pdp and APC are sharing the house of assembly members, house of rep and senate members among themselves
Una normal sef?

Keep living in dillusion till your eyes clear.
Mumu say na fairness and equity equity edo dey follow, why is there no fairness and equity on who becomes the speaker of House of Assembly?

Mumu, in the whole Nigeria, politics is a game, troway emotion for Bush, it's between pdp and APC in edo, nobody know LP in edo, the frenzy that came with obi in the last general elections came and died with the presidential elections instantly.
I am in Edo and very rooted in politics here than you can imagine

See i was pdp lga agent in the house of assembly election.

Na LP win most of the seats in benin, we know as pdp insiders just that obaseki wanted his people to not get impeached

People no too worry cos they just want him to finish him tenure and move, but he won't have same luxury to hand pick successor cos the people are coming out.

Come are you even in this state sef, this same "structure" doesn't count when the people say they want xyz.

Did oshomole not believe in his structure with federal backing against the Edo people?

Am talking local guber election
Re: Governor Obaseki To Shaibu: ‘Emilokan’ Won’t Work In 2024 Edo Election by Tito24: 4:37am On Aug 28, 2023
madridguy:

😂😂😂😂
Please continue to drag them like I pass my neighbor wey them be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oborevwori Meets Tinubu Over Attack On Military Personnel / Court Refuses Application To Stop Wike’s Swearing In / If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.