Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

WYD: Group Urges Nigerians Against Illegal Migration - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / WYD: Group Urges Nigerians Against Illegal Migration (74 Views)

QNET, FG Partner To Educate Youths On Illegal Migration, Fake Jobs / Clem Ohameze Sickness: Nollywood Star, Urges Nigerians To Pray For Him / Obaseki Appoints SSA On Illegal Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WYD: Group Urges Nigerians Against Illegal Migration by mobad007: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
The Succour for Nations Development Initiatives (SFN), a non-governmental organisation, has advised Nigerians against illegal migration, in commemoration of the 2023 International World Youth Day.

SFN is an organisation borne out of the need to provide the support required for the development of African nations.

It is founded on the understanding that nation-building is a task for all, not just the government.

SFN focuses on building the mindset and capacity of youths within the age of 18-35, thereby awakening them to the responsibility of personal development and nation-building through value reorientation.

The group, in its annual Thrive Conference 4.0, with the theme: “Rising Above the Tides”, on Saturday in Lagos, encouraged young people on resilience and building their quotient in a hostile environment.

The founder of the group, Mrs Solape Adesuyi, urged Nigerian youths to be resilient and use challenges they face as opportunities to create better versions of themselves.

“The aim of the Thrive 4.0 conference is to encourage young people. As we can observe the environment is tough, and with the current state of the economy a lot of people are frustrated.

“What we have come to do is to give young people hope and that they can thrive no matter the situation they find themselves.

“These young people can take advantage of opportunities all around them and make better version of themselves.

“We cannot entirely ask Nigerian youths to stop the continuous relocation outside country.

“However, we counsel them that there are a lot of opportunities both locally and internationally.

“We encourage young people to relocate legally, build the capacity and bring the resources and knowledge to impact your nation and people,” Adesuyi said.

According her, young people should not go with the mindset of escaping the Nigerian system but must go with the mindset that they are building capacity to return and build their nation.

“With our various sessions, we are also bringing opportunities for learning, skills acquisition, building capacity.

“If the Nigerian youth can rise up with the application of the principles of adversity quotient they have, we will see them gather momentum and do exploits.

On his part, Mr Tolulope Ahmed, a youth advocate and the Chief Executive Officer of Value Publishing, called for the participation of more youths in conferences like this to build the capacity for the next generation.

“We are here to sensitise the young people and help them build capacity for whatever they aim to do or achieve in life.

“The Thrive 4.0 conference is an event no youth can afford to miss. The conference actually needs more publicity to help engage more youths as we help them to unleash their capacity.

“If we can equip the young people, they can thrive in any environment they find themselves,” Ahmed said.

Also, Mrs Blessing Alagbe, a guidance coach and educationist, tasked the youth on a change of mindset for a successful future.

“The programme is tailored to young people to go over and above the storm and troubles of life.

“Our youths need a total mind orientation, whatever change we hope to see in young people will have to start from their minds.

“There is the need for our youths to begin to believe more in themselves, we may have failed systems but Nigeria is not a lost cause.

“I want to believe that young people will be leaving from this conference with that understanding that they need to go back and have a rethink.

“They need to start thinking; where am I now?; what can I start doing differently that will cause changes in me first before we start going into the society; because you cannot give what you don’t have,” Alagbe added.

Another facilitator and fitness coach, Mr Martin Odey of Eco- fitness, called for physical capacity building as well as intelligence and financial empowerment for the youth.

“We are part of this conference to build the youth. They do not just not need to build financial or intelligence capacity but also their physical capacity and thrive wherever they find themselves.

“So, it is important for the youth be able to build confidence and build themselves in all aspects in order to overcome the current challenges,” Odey said.

A participant at the conference, Mr Abayomi Fatoki, a sales manager, said he had learnt how to succeed even in adverse conditions.

“The reason I am here for the conference is to learn and be a more successful youth.

“One lesson I have learnt from the conference is that I need to be efficient in everything I do. Hardship is part of life and makes me extraordinary.

“You cannot remain in your comfort zone and excel, we need to thrive and aim at continuous development,” Fatoki said.

Mr Temitope Abayomi, another participant, said he hoped to build capacity for adversity quotient.

“What I have gained in this conference is build up my adversity quotient capacity. I do not have any intention to relocate, I survive in Nigeria.

“I have come to understand that to be great in life, I must be able to handle wisely the adverse situation I face and thrive above it,” he said.

(1) (Reply)

Web Design Liverpool Company: Aflahtech - Crafting Digital Excellence / Welcome Message / How Nami's Administrative Skills Have Turned Around FIRS Fortunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.