Stats: 3,188,794 members, 7,935,390 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:41 AM

Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra (18451 Views)

Man Kills His 8-Year-Old Son For Misplacing Sewing Thread In Epe, Lagos (Photos) / Man Beats His 8-Month Pregnant Wife To Death In Oyo (Picture) / Photo Of The Housemaid Who Beat Her Boss To Coma In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
A Commercial Tricyclist has been arrested for allegedly beating his 8-year-old daughter to a coma in Ifite, Awka South local government area of Anambra State.

The Suspect, Chinedu Adim from Lokpa in Abia state, a father of two kids and reportedly abandoned by his wife, was said to have used hard substances to beat the daughter.

He, however, denied the allegations during interrogation, describing the daughter’s condition as spiritual.

Chinedu said: “I was formerly a member of Anambra Vigilante Group (AVG) before I started driving Keke. We married twelve years ago with 2 kids, a girl and a boy, 8 and 6 years old.

“My wife left me 8 years ago after my shop got burnt. My kids were suffering in the village and I had to pick them up five years ago.

He further stated: “My daughter woke up one morning and I observed Injuries all over her body while I was bathing her. I asked her and she said she woke up to see lines on her body. I took her to the hospital where she was treated.

“The Second Time, she said she fell on the tiles and sustained injuries on the head. Some things she does appear strange to me. Sometimes I wake up at midnight and won’t see her. I said this is not ordinary and took her to church for deliverance.

“The third time I came back to drop food for her, I was told she was rushed to the hospital. She was in a coma throughout yesterday.”

Reacting to the incident, the state commissioner for women and social welfare, Ify Obinabo said the report she got said the suspect beat the victim to a coma, describing his narration as folk tales.

She said, “The girl has been in the hospital since yesterday. The father beat her to a stupor, claiming she was beaten in the dream. He had thought she would die so as to cover his actions.

“You know when men are abandoned by their wives, they tend to transfer aggression on their innocent children and forget that their blood is running in them.

“We’re not saying that parents should not flog their kids as a way of correcting them. But you beat them according to their age. That’s why the adage says, “use one hand and beat a child and use the other to draw him back.”

While assuring adequate medical attention for the victim to ensure she survived, Obinabo said the suspect would be handed over to the police for further interrogation and prosecution.

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/tricyclist-arrested-for-assaulting-8-year-old-daughter-in-anambra/

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Ihateheadslamer: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
You didn't do anything to stop the man I'm suspecting you tongue

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
😭. It's evil to beat your own child

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Ahmed0336(m): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
The man must have gotten soo angryyyyyy.

What I do to my kids when the misbehaves is i
I ll ground them in their room, no watching of TV and the likes. Beating is the last of it. I can go 3-4 years without laying a finger on them and I don't beat their head though and the beati is usually mild grin.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Ooni: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sometimes when you go physical on people you forget that humans also have breaking point. The person collapses and you'll think it's a joke.

At least it's her daughter, if it were some house help, human rights organisations would've been everywhere by now.

17 Likes

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by superCleanworks(m): 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hey God.
Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Zico5(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
Always bad news from that side. Learnt a bishop engaged in marathon sex with an evangelist which eventually lead to her death. This one again the same day. Serious orientation is needed to save lives in that region before it's too late.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Randal: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jail him
Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by donproject2(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
Number of irresponsible husbands and fathers is at an alarming rate.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Omoawoke: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Haba

Spare the rod and spoil the child

Not use the rod and kill the child

Which kind beating be this, that’s just too much

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by slawomir: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Too bad

Make una Flog the idiot with rod

Idiot dey transfer both poverty and the anger of he wife take leave am untop eight year old

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by ecolime(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Wickedness
Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Felix6: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Agulu people again? Where is Peter Obi from?

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Praktikals(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Mpuru miri Land

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by AppleTechy4: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
Bad of him

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Chibuzoripob: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
sad bEAST BASTARD angry angry.. He should go and bring the EVIL spirit that flogged the girl to stupor.
🐖 angry angry

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Bigchristo: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
post=125154218:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/tricyclist-arrested-for-assaulting-8-year-old-daughter-in-anambra/
i am not claiming to be saint in this matter I do beat my kids whenever they did something really bad but not to an extent of beating a child to coma that’s wickedness

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by pretydiva(f): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
Just look at his evil face undecided

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by OkayDaddy: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
These people again?

After molesting their daughters, those girls grow up to take out their frustration on men and see all men as the animals they call their fathers. Those who are in marriage end up beating their house helps like animals.

Check most female posters who antagonize men on Nairaland and notice where they are from. They are mostly from that place under the bondage of UGM.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by sotall(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023

One of the ills of being in a country not planned at all. Every rubbish goes.

One of the worst things that can happen to a child is being born Nigerian.

You are at the mercy of abuse by your parents, family members, the society and religious centers.
The government that is suppose to protect you is grossly irresponsible and only interested in the next money to loot.

Just come to Europe, any unusual moody behavior from your children will prompt an investigation by the school they attend. If they find out you are beating the child, the government will take that child away from you for as long as possible.
You will be prosecuted for child abuse if them find mark for your pikin body.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Nazgul: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
They shouldn't allow that child go back to that man's house. All these NGOs that fight for the rights of the girl child should take over her welfare.

Whenever a father starts treating his daughter this way, they next step he'll take is to start sleeping with her forcefully. That man is nothing but a beast.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Vifx: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hang him
Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by jumper524(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
All those saying hang him, kill him should know that the report is 2 sides.
One from the father and another from the state commissioner on women affairs.

It's unusual for men to be aggressive towards beating children especially a girl child.

“You know when men are abandoned by their wives, they tend to transfer aggression on their innocent children and forget that their blood is running in them.

We all know this is a very false narrative. Men would never transfer their wife aggression to their children, it's never in the character of men.

I must maintain that no responsible wife would leave her children in the hands of an abusive father who maltreats his children.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by OkayDaddy: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
All these animals without regards for the female folk.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Mindlog: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
“My daughter woke up one morning and I observed Injuries all over her body while I was bathing her. I asked her and she said she woke up to see lines on her body. I took her to the hospital where she was treated"........How the hospital didn't pick that up as physical abuse of the kid still baffles me.

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Sonnobax15(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
lipsrsealed
Too bad.....
Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Chibuzoripob: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
sad sad Wild 🐖 grin grin cheesy.
They should handover this idiot to onitsha boys to panel beat him. Useless Eluupee 🐖 angry angry

Re: Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
IconicR:
😭. It's evil to beat your own child

Proverbs 13:24

Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect / Teenagers Sell Stolen Laptop For N2,000 In Lagos / Kenyan Man Stones Wife To Death