Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,031 members, 7,966,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:15 AM

Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away (786 Views)

Fulani Herdsman Cuts Off Woman’s Four Fingers In Abia - Ohanaeze / Lagos Pastor Runs With Member's Car After Asking Him To Bring It For Prayer / Husband Beats His Wife After Asking Him For Feeding Money. See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by jmoore(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2023

The Plateau State Command of the Nigerian Police Force has said it arrested a herdsman identified as Abdulrahman Kaila for cutting off a farmer's hand in the
Lakushi community in the Shendam council area of the state.

A video of the incident seen by SaharaReporters on Friday shows a middle-aged man whose name was
yet to be ascertained holding his severed hand.

He is overheard in the video telling some men that a Fulani herder cut off his hand because he asked him
(herder) to move his cattle out of his farm.

The farmer who was seen bleeding profusely was then advised by the two men to go to the hospital for treatment while they report the incident to the police.

Meanwhile, an Intelligence gathering organisation, Eons Intelligence, disclosed on Friday that the herder had been arrested by the police.

The organisation which took to its Twitter handle to announce the arrest, gave the name of the victim
as Jeremiah Yan.

The organisation wrote: "The operatives of Plateau State Police Command on 17th August 2023
arrested one Abdulrahman Kaila, a herder over cutting off a farmer's hand on his farmland in Lakushi
community, Shendam LGA, Plateau State.

"The information available indicated that the suspect had an altercation with the victim, Jeremiah Yan, on the
issue of grazing cattle on his rice farming which resulted in cutting Jeremiah Yan's hand on his farmland."

The spokesperson for the state police command l, DSP Alfred Alabi confirmed the arrest to
SaharaReporters on Friday. "Investigation has been concluded and the suspect will be charged in court soon.

“When police got the news, the commissioner of police instructed the DPO to go after the perpetrator, and after a swift reaction by the DPO, the suspect was arrested and he gave us his reason for cutting the hand of the farmer,” Alabi said.

He quoted the suspect to have said during interrogation: “I was grazing when the farmer stopped me and asked me to go back as the area where I was grazing is a rice farm.

"When I got back, he complained that his farm was destroyed by the cattle. I then pushed the cattle and
before you know it, we started quarrelling. While we were quarrelling, I didn’t know how I cut off his hand. I did it out of my wish.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/18/herder-arrested-cutting-plateau-farmers-hand-after-asking-him-move-cattle-away-farm

Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by Macphenson: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
okoo
Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by ahnie: 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Same treatment should be melted back to him.
Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by lanrefront1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
ahnie:
Same treatment should be melted back to him.

You're damn right. Cut off both hands and let him go
Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by ahnie: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
lanrefront1:

You're damn right. Cut off both hands and let him go
Long sleeves straight with a lil vee design with a chainsaw on his preek.
Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by Beremx(f): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
If Buhari was still in power, he would have told the police to release the terrorist herder. The animalistic nature of these people should be dealt with by this current administration.😡😡😡

1 Like

Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by IVORY2009(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
shocked
Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by dangermouse(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Fulani again

Hope justice will be served now that their chief patron is no longer in power
Re: Herdsman Cuts Off Plateau Farmer's Hand After Asking Him To Move Cattle Away by jmoore(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2023
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Two Men Found Out The Child They Are Claiming Does Not Belong To Them After DNA / Video : Portable Causes Commotion In Lagos As He F!ghts Bike Man For Stealing / One Quarter Of South African Men Are Rapists?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.