Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,062 members, 7,933,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:28 AM

Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians (38255 Views)

60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google / Seize The 1 Billion Dollar Wooden Door Market! Easily Earn $100,000! / Business/investment Opportunity In A Multi Billion Dollar Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by grandstar(m): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2023
The only startup there I despise is flutterwave. Its involvement in money laundering in Kenya is worrying.

I have a dollar card with them and it became in-operative after the money laundering accusations. Obviously, their former partners wanted nothing to do with them.
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Opexzy: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2023
Dottore:
These guys are indeed great and should be worthy of being role models to many.
I noticed something among the yorubas and hausa you will find dollar millionaires and billionaires like one in every 1000,000 but you will also find a tremendous percentage who are feeding from hand to mouth, the very wretched and greater number of indegenous roadside beggars.

However in the South East you will find fewer dollar millionaires and billionnaires but 500 out of every 1,000 are Naira millionaires and billionnaires with potential for sustainable growth. 300 have the ability to easily raise 1million Naira in emergency. The 100 are are struggling while the remaining 100 can be called poor but fewer or negligible percentage are feeding from hand to mouth or roadside beggars.

Wealth is more wide spread in the South East than in any other region in Nigeria

Tales by the moonlight, no source, all figures without fact...
It's fine if you decide to tell yourself what makes you feel better.

It's all over the news how SE is the poorest region in the south, second to NE in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by OmoGomesIlorin: 11:41am On Aug 19, 2023
PayStack has been the most profitable among them all. It's a pity for Interswitch, they failed to develop a user-friendly product. Then came Paystack to disrupt the market. The worst but not limited could mention is VTN VertualTerminalNetwork.com, starting from their long name I know everything is wrong with those guys, they are among the few payment gateways that accepts card payments, but today they are struggling to even advertise their product
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Knetpro(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2023
This is great info.

Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by OmoGomesIlorin: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2023
Dottore:
I noticed something among the yorubas and hausa you will find dollar millionaires and billionaires like one in every 1000,000 but you will also find a tremendous percentage who are feeding from hand to mouth, the very wretched and greater number of indegenous roadside beggars.

However in the South East you will find fewer dollar millionaires and billionnaires but 500 out of every 1,000 are Naira millionaires and billionnaires with potential for sustainable growth. 300 have the ability to easily raise 1million Naira in emergency. The 100 are are struggling while the remaining 100 can be called poor but fewer or negligible percentage are feeding from hand to mouth or roadside beggars.

Wealth is more wide spread in the South East than in any other region in Nigeria

It's important to approach discussions about regional economic disparities with a balanced perspective. While your observation highlights the relative prosperity in the South East, it's essential to remember that wealth distribution and economic development are complex issues influenced by various factors, including historical context, government policies, and socioeconomic conditions.

The Yoruba and Hausa regions, with their diverse economic activities and cultural traditions, also contribute significantly to Nigeria's overall economic landscape. The presence of millionaires and billionaires in these regions can be seen as a sign of entrepreneurial success, which should be celebrated. However, it's crucial to acknowledge that income inequality and poverty exist in various forms across Nigeria, and addressing these challenges should be a national priority.

Rather than comparing regions, a more constructive approach would be to advocate for comprehensive national policies that promote economic inclusivity, job creation, and poverty reduction, regardless of geographical location. Encouraging collaboration and sharing of successful economic models among regions can help Nigeria achieve more equitable development and improve the living standards of all its citizens.

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by ramonchang(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2023
Where is nairaland ahbeg
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Dyfynezz12(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2023
Destroyerofyeeb:
grin All Yoruba people,legit hustle no be by chest beating and drug smuggling . Unlike some flatheaddded creatures from somewhere like that
If all the ppl on that list had the same rotten mentality that u have, they won't be there
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by deji17: 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2023
When it comes to brain power, give it to the Yorubas.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by elderbros(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
Quota system shame on you

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by UIUX: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
Wodu89:
Mine is next !
mine is next.

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Zico5(m): 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2023
If u look at it very well. Majority of these people are yoruba without making a noise about it. But if it's our brothers from that enclaves. You will never rest again in this country. Yoruba don't make noise, we allow our work to speak.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by BJanta: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2023
This one no be I dey sell fake spare parts for Ladipo ir dey hustle hard drug go india dey or dey peddle fake medine for shop . Ati this na legit multi billion dollar International business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by membranus: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
Incredible128:
You that is yoruba, aren't you ashamed that u're still here still singing these lines? Those guys u're comparing to "flatheadded" creatures , do you think they have this type of reasoning you have? undecided undecided

Yes they have the same reasoning in their closets, even though they may not outrightly say it in the open.
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by bepositive11: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2023
Wodu89:
Mine is next !

Amen. But words are not enough. Plan your actions then execute

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by chatinent: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2023
spagettiluv:
walai
We no dey chest beat at all,only empty barrel make noise .
Wait and see how one emeka from a backward dungeon in abakalike come to compare them with nwewis audio billionaires

Bro, your name and I isn't on the list. We should be ashamed of boasting for others.
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Wodu89: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2023
bepositive11:

Amen. But words are not enough. Plan your actions then execute

That's private. What is already evolving. It has gone beyond starting

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Lovelydaisies: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2023
Destroyerofyeeb:
grin All Yoruba people,legit hustle no be by chest beating and drug smuggling . Unlike some flatheaddded creatures from somewhere like that

Stop this nonsense.

The thread is a motivational one and it was going smoothly until you decided to be tribal killjoy.
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by kettykin: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2023
HBB1:

The South East does not have a dollar billionaire.

Stop the cap!

What of air peace, slot, zinox , Etranzact are they not worth over a billion dollars, we also have others that are already acquired like hot stop by chinedu echeruo
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by HBB1(m): 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2023
kettykin:

What of air peace, slot, zinox , Etranzact are they not worth over a billion dollars, we also have others that are already acquired like hot stop by chinedu echeruo

Slot?

Come on man.

Besides, networth and value of a business are 2 different things.

So...yes, there is dollar billionaire in the South East.

Stop the cap!
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Yomit71(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2023
BabaIbo:
For anyone that may want to turn this to tribal topic, the only running one among them is flutterwave, others no dey service again.

And there are others owned by other tribes, other tribes also have businesses worth more than all these combined.

Only Dangote's refinery, seplat's and others like that worth more all these combined.
Your father own Dangote refinery na
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by JaredH: 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
BabaIbo:

You are ignorant honestly, and you don't want to learn.
I'm not trying to be tribalistic here but I know the motive behind this post from op.

A company its yearly revenue is over $1billion, a company that wants to buy Shell's $4billion equity, another $1.7billion firm and so on.

You be mu² man.

Gerraout jare!
shutup.. It just like saying dangote alone in built his refinery with only his money... There are shareholders money he wants to use to buy shell .. Calendly will buy him, his company and entire generation
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by PediakAuthor: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2023
For the record!
I didn't only develop a software, in contrast, I invented a programming language which can be used to develop different software and Chesscrypted applications. e.g. UDHG Ai-Sport, x-Mx, x-iDiD, x-LAN, x-Tokk, Ai-Cloudware, ACSGPT, Hybrid Neural Network, Ai-D.I.S.H. System, and Bravo-X were all developed with the ACS-Web-X Programming Language.

Visit GitHub.com/ACS-Web-X to kickstart a Chess-driven Ai Career.

Motto: Less Codes! More Actions!
Notes: Don't underrate the delivery capacity of the ACS-Web-X Programming ~ most especially the ACSGPT ChatBOT.

By Jawolusi Oluwaseun

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by soccerlite: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2023
Thought interswitch was foreign owned

1 Like

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by BabaIbo: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2023
JaredH:
shutup.. It just like saying dangote alone in built his refinery with only his money... There are shareholders money he wants to use to buy shell .. Calendly will buy him, his company and entire generation

Now I know you are a capital big FO OL.

So, there are shareholders money in his own case and you believe that the other guy owns everything about calendly without having investors money in it even when two firms invested about $350million?

You're si ck in the head for saying a company with a revenue that is less than $85million and without a physical office will buy the one with over $1billion as yearly revenue.

You don't deserve my time at all, I'm done with you on this.
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Omoawoke: 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2023
Wodu89:
Mine is next !

Exactly my thoughts, I want to sign my name in book of history.
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Omoawoke: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
Dottore:

You are wrong

Do you know what they call multi dimensional poverty? Well southwest has the least in Nigeria, among the worst hit is southeast

Poverty head count state by state placed southeast as the poverty capital of the south

Your opinion is too naive and bias and highly subjective and judgmental. I guess you just use your judgment to arrive at a conclusion

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Omoawoke: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
BabaIbo:
For anyone that may want to turn this to tribal topic, the only running one among them is flutterwave, others no dey service again.

And there are others owned by other tribes, other tribes also have businesses worth more than all these combined.

Only Dangote's refinery, seplat's and others like that worth more all these combined.

Envy and bitterness won’t kill you
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by JaredH: 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2023
BabaIbo:

Now I know you are a capital big FO OL.

So, there are shareholders money in his own case and you believe that the other guy owns everything about calendly without having investors money in it even when two firms invested about $350million?

You're si ck in the head for saying a company with a revenue that is less than $85million and without a physical office will buy the one with over $1billion as yearly revenue.

You don't deserve my time at all, I'm done with you on this.
calendly will by seplat.. The owner is the richest black African immigrant in the US
Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Burgerlomo: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2023
God bless all of them

Re: Billion Dollar Startups Founded By Nigerians by Josephkabila12: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2023
Rahkman:
na ur papa be mumu see this mannerless tout ....no ever quote me again
u & ur papa una be bastard ibo buffoons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olusola Lawanson Adeeko Wanted For Absconding With Customers' $20M / How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends / Who Else Is Affected By The Cryptó Crash? Share Your Experience (Meme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.