Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,797 members, 7,972,850 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:11 PM

Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? (18800 Views)

Subsidy Palliative: FG To Pay N5,000 To 10m Households For 6 Months / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed / Why Can't FG Give Cash To Nigerians Through Accounts Linked To BVN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by rajiedreez: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2023
Please explain how effectively the government will disburse the money directly to Nigerians
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Ejikedaniel28: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2023
You are not normal,this I have seen
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by nairalanda1(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
they will have to go to banks to get it if they want to benefit from the palliative.

Win win for everyone.

Which leads to another problem

A large percentage of rural areas don't have banks at all...in the entire LGA. (One of the ways Boko makes money in Borno is robbing vehicles carrying cash to LG HQ's to pay off workers their salaries, directly.).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Simeon88(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2023
Some people say the money realized or saved from subsidy will be used to turn Nigeria to Dubai... like seriously?? With these Nigeria politicians.
As long as there is no stiff punishment for corruption related crime especially against the country forget it.
Thank God Tinubu no even pretend, Baba don call him people to the table sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Lumig: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2023
Because the palliative is not meant for everybody
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by JaySmart4422: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2023
Because nobody is getting shishi
Believe Nigerian politicians and be a permanent fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by stigman(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
Check well, this OP is Obidient

And so
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Ejikedaniel28: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2023
[quote author=Ejikedaniel28 post=125230561]You are not normal,this I have seen, please am referring to the werey that said the op must be an obidient

[quote author=Wainey
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Mozegee: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Okay of the poorest don't have bank accounts
and that poorest can still open a bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Maxxim: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
Check well, this OP is Obidient
What has obidient have to do with this, can't you fanthom his pov
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by mekuso89(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2023
Nigerian politicians are very WICKED
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Wainey: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2023
Maxxim:

What has obidient have to do with this, can't you fanthom his pov
If they pay it to people's account, you won't get more than N500
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by mekuso89(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2023
Lumig:
Because the palliative is not meant for everybody
I will slap you
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by erniok(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2023
Cromagnon:
what account
Only 17% have bank accounts
How did you get this 17%.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Sequence23(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2023
I've thought about that before. Why didn't they just send it to everyone's account. Those who don't have account should open one. But na wayo government we dey o
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by SaLongs1(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
exactly, that how they behave, always quick to insult.

U are Obidient, I am ready to bet grin

Well ur calculation is wrong, that is why I know u are Obidient. if u share N2m to 200m Nigerians from the N5b,

N4b won't remain grin
This is being foolish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by symbianDON(m): 9:55am On Aug 20, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Because they are looting the money and not for any palliative..
you are a very wise man my friend
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of archiac system we practice in this country.

Everything in this country seems to be in the analogue way, despite the fact that technology is helping out this time.

Just few days ago, I read an online article that FG has released a sum of N5bn to States for subsidy Palliative and I wonder why doing so.

According to statistics, Nigeria's population is around 220m, then why is the FG giving N5bn to each state to use for palliative?

Why can't the FG pay in Nigerians directly into their accounts to support them in this trying time?

N500bn was already ear marked and approved for this subsidy removal Palliative.

This will even help to bring alot of people out of poverty and also support those doing businesses or another form of survival job.

Why is Federal Government giving states these money, knowing fully well that nothing will get to the populace.

Ordinary Covid 19 Palliative, we saw how all the states hid the pallatives, including traditional rulers, while the masses were crying of hunger.

The BVN can even be used to make these payments through the CBN directly to the accounts of every NIGERIAN. And even those that do not have accounts can even use the opportunity to create one and get their BVNs too.

Why is the NIGERIAN govt still practicing archaic administration? Why Why Why?

These said pallatives will be looted, some will be shared to party faithfuls and loyalists in all these states and not even the actual populace. Some will even use the pallatives for election Campaign and thereby making look like they're doing the people a favour.

Nigeria Why? Why are you still in this mudane practice?

Incompetence
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by nkemjacob2(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2023
If u watch closely the people fighting for this palliative to kick start are the elite and politicians becos of the benefit to come. The poor Nigeria are for infrastructure.

If I may ask how does FG determine those who are poor?( Where are the data and stat.)
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by ceejayluv(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
If you pay the money into people's account, I do not think anyone will have more than N500, we are 200m people for fvck sake.

Now what about those that don't have bank account, that will be elitism at it's finest.
Na 3k naira or less monthly if the 5bn is shared to each state.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by sonofanarchy(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Okay of the poorest don't have bank accounts
If they don't have account or details, how do you reach them? Who's paying for logistics to get to the poorest in the remote place? Nigeria love wastage. Encourage your citizens to embrace digital system.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by princeade86(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:

I can't even wrap my head around this madness.

Why give governors money? For what exactly?

Highest any body will get is a pack of Spaghetti and some cups of rice and garri.
u go thank God if u even see one pack of spaghetti. Na like 5 of u go share one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Mosba: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2023
Even if it's 200 each, because this money they are calling few people will touch it as usual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Ikemba007: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2023
When they wanted to pay into account, you people protested that the real poor people do not have bank accounts.

Now you're back again.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by skj1377(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2023
People that really need the palliative don't even have any identity card talkless of bank account.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by yemmit90: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingsmeal:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of archiac system we practice in this country.

Everything in this country seems to be in the analogue way, despite the fact that technology is helping out this time.

Just few days ago, I read an online article that FG has released a sum of N5bn to States for subsidy Palliative and I wonder why doing so.

According to statistics, Nigeria's population is around 220m, then why is the FG giving N5bn to each state to use for palliative?

Why can't the FG pay in Nigerians directly into their accounts to support them in this trying time?

N500bn was already ear marked and approved for this subsidy removal Palliative.

This will even help to bring alot of people out of poverty and also support those doing businesses or another form of survival job.

Why is Federal Government giving states these money, knowing fully well that nothing will get to the populace.

Ordinary Covid 19 Palliative, we saw how all the states hid the pallatives, including traditional rulers, while the masses were crying of hunger.

The BVN can even be used to make these payments through the CBN directly to the accounts of every NIGERIAN. And even those that do not have accounts can even use the opportunity to create one and get their BVNs too.

Why is the NIGERIAN govt still practicing archaic administration? Why Why Why?

These said pallatives will be looted, some will be shared to party faithfuls and loyalists in all these states and not even the actual populace. Some will even use the pallatives for election Campaign and thereby making look like they're doing the people a favour.

Nigeria Why? Why are you still in this mudane practice?

This is why Nigeria may never move forward. I am 100% sure you may be a youth who suppose to know better. In your myopic mind, 500bn will lift 220m people out of poverty?

And if we are to follow your analogy, where do you expect those actually in abject poverty to open an account in their remote villages that has never witness civilization since inception?

What about dormant accounts that are still valid? Should fg ignorantly paid into them too?

The problem facing by this country is largely humans factor, there is nothing bad by giving this money to state governments to distribute to locals accordingly but Nigerian factor will always come into play even if you pay directly into people's accounts. The reality is that, every single soul in Nigeria is potentially corrupt, we are only condemning them because we have never been giving an opportunity to be there.

They should rather use the 500bn to subsidise rice, vegetable oils and import enmass from Thailand. With this, every single soul will benefit from it withiout any fear of being left out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2023
Even if they do, una go still complain, that's your lot in life grin
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by lizko(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2023
This just pocket money for governors to enjoy with their side check's. That's why every governor is putting much pressure on palatives but never looking in to increasing salary, empowerment or subsidizing for the poor and old. But rather collecting money mobilize few people snap pictures, document and 5billion is gone.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by descarado: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2023
So after sharing the money, what next?
Inflation will reduce?
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by seunayantokun(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2023
1. Because they are corrupt.
2. Because Nigeria doesn't have true data of its population. For instance, do we have accurate numbers of births and deaths, marriages and divorces, singles and widows and widowers? Do we have accurate figures of people, families and communities?
How many towns and villages do we have in this country? Do we know where they are? How many buildings exist in this country and what are they used for? Who is employed, underemployed, or unemployed? Do we know that? Who has a bank account and who doesn't have one? Do we really have that information? Etc. You see, a country is a macro family. And, can we really take care of a family whose members are not 100% known. I'm sorry to say that Nigeria as it is today can never work. It's been programmed to fail.
However, I am optimistic that one day the current situation will be resolved. But how? I don't know.
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
they will have to go to banks to get it if they want to benefit from the palliative.

Win win for everyone.
Lol, e be like na city Dem born you, you come grow for city too.
There are some places with epileptic or no network services in the South (the better developed part of the country), oya reason how the North go be.
Going to bank for some villages go cost about 3k to n fro.
The reason political actors are used for such purposes is because they usually appoint a contact person to take it to them. Eg, if there is a project or palliative to be shared in Odo Village, the village appoint 2 or 3people or the organization to carry out the act engage few people that will then go to the village to get it done.
A bank requires everyone involved to appear in person
Re: Subsidy Palliative: Why Can't FG Pay Nigerians Directly Into Their Accounts? by Invest4growth: 10:19am On Aug 20, 2023
They have no database to do such. How will they steal from.the envelopes being shared. Until they democratise the collation of social statistics and link all through BVN and NIN, we will be joking. The idea that people should visit a ministry or agency to obtain forms or execute registration into a database is corrupt and inefficient. People should be able to log into the central server through their phones. Database reviews can be done periodically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Teargas 2000 Protesting IPOB Women In Imo / Tambuwal Meets Ortom As PDP Woos Aggrieved Governors / CSU: You Can’t Convince Those Who Believed That Buhari Was Cloned - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.