Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,848 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:09 PM

Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? (20876 Views)

Can't Really Take Women Seriously Again / MEN!! If You Still Take Women On "Dates" Today, You Are An IDI0T!! (Photo) / 4 reasons Why I DON'T Take Women With Tattoos Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by janeedema(f): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
As much as I love your stories. I believe what it simply shows is people who have done their homework as per how to act on a date. It proves nothing about being a wife or his an material.

Some of us just love acting, sha.

If this would be the basis of your choosing a spouse, I can already start laughing in Spanish. Ladies especially the enlightened ones know how to do their homework.The female gender is a born actress, I can tell you this for free. Don't be fooled. I am a female, so I know what I am talking about. A lady can act to get anything.

You are looking at sustainability. So, as much as possible, you would want to keep off the drama and keep it real. And that hardly ever happens during dates.

Where people pretend to laugh at boring jokes and scream "awwwwnn", when all they want to say is, "You talk too much".

Dates prove nothing.

Love who you marry, not marry who you love.

So, first sort things out from the spiritual before bringing it to the mental and then, the sensual realm.

Good manners during a date does not translate to marriage material.

tquote author=rickleye post=125243721]

How do you get to know the person without going on a date. This is potentially someone I plan to spend the rest of my life with, of course I’ll go on a date and see if we are compatible.
Does she attempt to pay , bring along her wallet .
How does she eat ? Is she loud , quiet . Does she laugh at my jokes ? Does she tell jokes ? Does she pray before eating , does she eat with her mouth open. ? Does she talk with food in her mouth ?
Does she smell nice ? What does she order ?

I went out with a lady to a restaurant and when the menu was brought , she ordered an expensive meal , pop and 4 pieces of meat. That was the beginning of the end. What concluded was on our way back we took an Uber was having issue with transfer . I had cash but asked her to pay the cab driver N3000. She said she had no money . So I quibbled if I didn’t pay for dinner how would she pay , she just laughed .
I just pecked her on the cheek and told her cab man to drop her off at home.
She’s wasn’t serious 🧐

I went out with someone else. I ordered first - she said she would have want I was having . She wasn’t loud. Did everything lady like. When the bill came she said 2 bills please . I almost kissed her then and there . I told her no that I am still old fashioned. And I paid. Guess what she paid the cab fare home. We had an amazing 3 days affair . [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by imoh4king(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
rickleye:

How do you get to know the person without going on a date. This is potentially someone I plan to spend the rest of my life with, of course I’ll go on a date and see if we are compatible.
How does she eat ? Is she loud , quiet . Does she laugh at my jokes ? Does she tell jokes ? Does she pray before eating , does she eat with her mouth open. ? Does she talk with food in her mouth ?

I went out with a lady to a restaurant and when the menu was brought , she ordered an expensive meal , pop and 4 pieces of meat. That was the beginning of the end. What concluded was on our way back we took an Uber was having issue with transfer . I had cash but asked her to pay the cab driver N3000. She said she had no money . So I quibbled if I didn’t pay for dinner how would she pay , she just laughed .
She’s wasn’t serious 🧐

I went out with someone else. I ordered first - she said she would have want I was having . She wasn’t loud. Did everything lady like. When the bill came she said 2 bills please . I almost kissed her then and there . I told her no that I am still old fashioned. And I paid. Guess what she paid the cab fare home. We had an amazing 3 days affair .

Are you guys still dating or married?

Abi, one person don give the other person red card.
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Samcent: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
DanielsParker:
It’s only in Nigeria that going for a date must involve a lot of money. You mustn’t eat in a date. You can go for a date in the park, you can go for a walk and talk date( with maybe a bottle of water for rehydration). You can go for a snack date( eat simple snacks and some soft drinks). You can go to a public place and take pictures, talk and chill. You mustn’t go for a date and eat fried rice, salad and Turkey , no ! Except if the person that initiated it mentioned - lunch , dinner or going to a date for a meal.

We’re all getting it all wrong in this country.
If you ask a girl out for a date, she will pick chicken republic without asking or caring if you’re up to it . Don’t you eat at home ? mtchew

You are making sense but this advice is hard to follow in today's Nigeria.

Hunger dey this country o... Na only rich people dey chop 3 times now.

Forget the looks, many guys and ladies just dey package. Get close, you go see say ground no level.

Belle first! That's why almost every date must be in a restaurant or fast food joint.

Las las everybody go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Emmahunk(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
If women are not important, why do you find the topic worthy of discussion?
Abi no be data you take write the story come still use data de read the comments?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by maticar: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2023
pocohantas:
No wonder your ex showed you shege.
Two overwise people met and almost turned themselves to mad people. Yenyen, I find it disgusting. Ngwanu, ndi co-redpillers, food done done. Bring 555 plate and spoon.
This one go boarding school

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by HugeElephant(f): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
pocohantas:
No wonder your ex showed you shege.
Two overwise people met and almost turned themselves to mad people. Yenyen, I find it disgusting. Ngwanu, ndi co-redpillers, food done done. Bring 555 plate and spoon.
twoclans
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by sarutobi: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
rickleye:

She’s wasn’t serious 🧐

I went out with someone else. I ordered first - she said she would have want I was having . She wasn’t loud. Did everything lady like. When the bill came she said 2 bills please . I almost kissed her then and there . I told her no that I am still old fashioned. And I paid. Guess what she paid the cab fare home. We had an amazing 3 days affair .

This is it.

We should not generalize women. They are humans and humans behave differently depends on if they like you or not.

The first girl did not give a shit about you. There are many of them like that who go on dates with guys they dont like, just to eat free food and get free gifts. Some of these girls dont spend a dime of their own money on food.

The second girl is also not a good girl. There is nothing like good/bad girl. It is just that this one might like you and want to play it safe. Trust me, if the second girl runs into a guy she does not give a shit about, the experience will be like the first girl.

BOTTOMLINE is that DO NOT take a girl out on an expensive date. Getting to know someone is not about spending money. Its is about spending time with each other.

I usually pick a free place to go. A place that is fun or cheap. Once the girl reaches the place, you will know if she is genuinely interested in you or just want to use you for free food. If she does not like the place, her body language will change. Thats how i filter them out.

It is usually funny to see a girls face when she realizes that you cannot be played. They usually go nuts. You willl hear things like "he is stingy" etc. Once you hear that, give yourself a pat on the back. You have overcome her. They don't like it especially when they know you can easily afford it BUt chose not to. It destroys their ego.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by KingLennon(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
Evolutionlove:

I Welcome you to the Brotherhood.
Seconded....
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Offpointng: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
Dshocker:

So who is doing who?

For 5yrs.... You are either broke, timid or gay to have stayed away for too long.

Stop deceiving yourself bro!!!

Not every nigga out there got their priorities misplaced like you would have yours. Broke, Timid or Gay? can sound nothing much to me but an understatement. You have wasted your years following women ight? What tangible thing have they offered you and what progress have they made in your life?? No Nigga, you should be the one not deceiving yourself by placing your priorities right and work on making your future better than it is
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by skj1377(m): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
The 46yrs only guy your talking about was once married. He probably left the sexual market place 10 to 15yrs ago , he does not know things have changed. An average 26yrs old lady is into hookup or multiple sex partners for things! He needs reorientation. I felt embarrassed when he brought the topic to Nairaland. 46yrs old guy asking such questions?
Persephone1:
Like it's tiring. Later he will go on to Nigerian ladies are materialistic when his "not impressing" MO backfire. People who are impressing are still putting deliberate effort to make things work out.

I will be here to read when he open thread to scream loneliness like his 46 years old brother who turned to surveillance camera monitoring a 26 years old lady's sexual activities grin grin grin
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Saintinoo:
Happy Sunday gentlemen of this section.

I see almost everyday how men go about asking ladies for a date, burning date and airtime, trying to impress ladies which I find so disgusting.
I don't know if it is a problem with me, but, I find it absurd, time and resource wasting to go days asking a lady out, buy things to impress her, call her every morning and send gifts just to have a woman around me.

I have had some few girlfriend in the past and even my last ex, I only asked her out once and wait for her to make up her mind, never spent a dime on dates or gifts.

Guys tell us about yourselves, do you go about doing all those zee world and nollywood styles to get your woman.

WHY NOT ...?
IT DEPENDS ON THE KIND OF GIRL.
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Sunnyrado: 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
Good evening.. my name is sunny I am a single man, I am 43 years old I have never been married before, I am looking for a serious minded woman for marriage... please can someone kindly help me push this to the appropriate place.. thank you

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Nemesis0147(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
lipsrsealed
obynokoko:
Taking a woman on a date is a foolish and bad investment because you have wasted the money and she will not even appreciate you.she will leave you tomorrow for the next rich man.better save your money and invest in useful ventures that will yield returns.from the returns send your parents money for their upkeep
na sense una no get or let me say…just broke.
Why will you see going on a date or hanging out as an investment?
Omor…una lives dy boring…

I go out a lot..just for the fun of it…I will only stick to my budget…..
Even if I have someone visit me for the first time….chances that we will still go out is 90% unless I’m not on funds or I don’t feel like…

That is how I build my own rapport sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Offpointng: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Saintinoo:

I can spend on friends ( guys). I don't mean those entitled humans.
Same here man... I chill out with my Male friends and I'm just good
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by spencekat(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Octopusssy:

Ned is a millionaire who can[b][/b] [/b]buy[b][b][/b] a wife, but the question is do you have Ned's kind of money to buy affection at the age of 70? Or do you think any right thinking young girl will want to spend her precious years with an old man with one leg in the grave?

You sound very young and naive. One day you will grow up

Na so.All na buy.
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Saintinoo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
Octopusssy:

Ned is a millionaire who can buy a wife, but the question is do you have Ned's kind of money to buy affection at the age of 70? Or do you think any right thinking young girl will want to spend her precious years with an old man with one leg in the grave?

You sound very young and naive. One day you will grow up

Haha... Madam 33+ I doubt you watch news about happenings in other part of the country. At 70, a man can get a woman, as long as he can provide her needs, I am not here to argue with you, that is the reality and you know that.

I doubt if you know 50 percent of what I know about life, I so doubt.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Saintinoo(m): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Samcent:

Forget the looks, many guys and ladies just dey package. Get close, you go see say ground no level.

That is more reason why I don't fancy a date with a Nigerian girl, every date must be in a restaurant with table filled up. They only accept the date because they are actually hungry.

I don't rate Nigeria girls anymore, go on social media and see how they now advertise themselves.

Belle first! That's why almost every date must be in a restaurant or fast food joint.

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Nemesis0147(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
Offpointng:

Same here man... I chill out with my Male friends and I'm just good
there is nothing wrong with hanging out with an opposite gender….change your circle.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
Naaa!! Women takes me.on a date nowadays, the days of men taking women on dates are long gone, women are "woke" now, some of them shows off their brand new cars and expensive belongings on facebook, they the ones with the money nowadays.

Any man who takes women out on dates nowadays is a bloody fool! Even as ugly and broke as i am women takes me on dates.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by eepeepook: 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
I will date only women I've caught. Doing so before the start of a relationship has led me to failure endlessly.
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by frankson1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
rickleye:

She’s wasn’t serious 🧐

Are you minding all these grown boys giving us
'bobo juice' undecided. Lots of them are running after 'plantain seller', 'iya ewa agoin beans seller' grin and little girls who haven't learnt to properly clean up themselves.

You get to learn alot when you take a lady out and at the first date, you should know if there's going to be a second.

As for me, I don't sit-out, na phone conversation all the way o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by Mryacks: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Those guys almost effected a total overhaul in the name of renovation. That place is fvcking lit. Not only is the environment madly comfortable, their chefs are darn good. It almost feels like there's just about nothing I'll crave that I won't find there, irrespective of the costs.

Ordered a certain cocktail there a few months back and the barkeep had it so well mixed with two shots of tequila and a vodka, that it ran wild numbers on my groin..😂. The subsequent home knacks have remained memorable to this day.

But when it comes to soups, Jevinik in Wuse is my rendezvous point. Those cooks deserve accolades. Lawd have mercy! You should see the litany of Abuja politicians and elites who troop in there for meals, every single day of the week.

Life's a beauty, if you know how to jolly on your resources, no matter how small.

Lmao @ "ran wild numbers on your groin" grin

Hey Jevenik is top with them soups!
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by FuckHomophobes: 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
oyeb15:
At this period. I no be gay o but if a man toast me right now, I will agree.

I need someone to take care of me jare.

😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by chidiokay: 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
DMerciful:
Men and women are capable of taking each other on dates. Women are even more capable these days

All we keep hearing everyday is women are more capable, women are more richer women are these women are that without evidence

The highest paying sectors are sport, entertainment,Tech not to mention politics and the males are the highest paid

So when you say women are MORE capable, how ?? in what context ?
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by DMerciful(m): 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
Men spend massively on women while women keep their money so they have free money if they really wanna spend
chidiokay:

All we keep hearing everyday is women are more capable, women are more richer women are these women are that without evidence

The highest paying sectors are sport, entertainment,Tech not to mention politics and the males are the highest paid

So when you say women are MORE capable, how ?? in what context ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by bamideleoyin(f): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
Na who dey relationship dey go on a date jare The last date I went with a guy omoh.... E no end well
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Mryacks:

Lmao @ "ran wild numbers on your groin" grin

Hey Jevenik is top with them soups!

Word..✌!!
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by rickleye: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
frankson1:

Are you minding all these grown boys giving us
'bobo juice' undecided. Lots of them are running after 'plantain seller', 'iya ewa agoin beans seller' grin and little girls who haven't learnt to properly clean up themselves.

You get to learn alot when you take a lady out and at the first date, you should know if there's going to be a second.

As for me, I don't sit-out, na phone conversation all the way o cheesy

Lol 😂 ….exactly … forgot phone conversation very important. As I invest in the relationship so has the lady. Anyone asking me for data on first date is suspect .

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by rickleye: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
sarutobi:

This is it.

We should not generalize women. They are humans and humans behave differently depends on if they like you or not.

The first girl did not give a shit about you. There are many of them like that who go on dates with guys they dont like, just to eat free food and get free gifts. Some of these girls dont spend a dime of their own money on food.

The second girl is also not a good girl. There is nothing like good/bad girl. It is just that this one might like you and want to play it safe. Trust me, if the second girl runs into a guy she does not give a shit about, the experience will be like the first girl.

BOTTOMLINE is that DO NOT take a girl out on an expensive date. Getting to know someone is not about spending money. Its is about spending time with each other.

I usually pick a free place to go. A place that is fun or cheap. Once the girl reaches the place, you will know if she is genuinely interested in you or just want to use you for free food. If she does not like the place, her body language will change. Thats how i filter them out.

It is usually funny to see a girls face when she realizes that you cannot be played. They usually go nuts. You willl hear things like "he is stingy" etc. Once you hear that, give yourself a pat on the back. You have overcome her. They don't like it especially when they know you can easily afford it BUt chose not to. It destroys their ego.

Very true !
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by cocoined: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Samcent:

grin grin
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by cocoined: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Naaa!! Women takes me.on a date nowadays, the days of men taking women on dates are long gone, women are "woke" now, some of them shows off their brand new cars and expensive belongings on facebook, they the ones with the money nowadays.

Any man who takes women out on dates nowadays is a bloody fool! Even as ugly and broke as i am women takes me on dates.

Real meet real grin
Re: Men, Do You Still Take Women On A Date? by lymelyte(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2023
Kevineleven:
Lately I avoid taking her out actively, any time she brings up the word "Take or Date", boom I confuse her with bad news from nairaland front page, especially how Nigeria is likely to go to war with Niger, na so fear go enter her body, she wan they talk about going on date when war dey ground?
grin
grin omo..you nor well..I swear.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Counsellor Lutterodt: A Lady Dating 7 People Is Discovering Herself (video) / Do You Want To Have Or Maintain A Relationship Without Sex? Follow This Steps. / Have You Ever Been Seduced By A Strange Female???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.