Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. (546 Views)

Hip Replacement Surgery: What I Wish I Knew Before My Surgery / Inguinal Hernia Surgery / Hospital Conducts Free Hernia Surgery For 200 Persons In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by Midex88(m): 12:30am On Aug 21, 2023
Good day,

I will appreciate if this can be posted on front page. Doctors in the house and those with experience you can contribute to this.

It's about the health of the father of a friend. He is about to have hernia surgery but the family is kinda averse to it. Instead they prefer the old man take the herbal option.

Pls what are the pros and cons for a 74yr old man to do the surgery.

Thanks
Re: Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by GBPUSD: 4:22am On Aug 21, 2023
Midex88:
Good day,

I will appreciate if this can be posted on front page. Doctors in the house and those with experience you can contribute to this.

It's about the health of the father of a friend. He is about to have hernia surgery but the family is kinda averse to it. Instead they prefer the old man take the herbal option.

Pls what are the pros and cons for a 74yr old man to do the surgery.

Thanks

Nothing to worry about or fear. I had hydrocele surgery few months ago. It took me years to summon the courage. That fear of being unconscious and having people operate on you and all.

But to my surprise, it wasn't as difficult as I presumed. The whole thing happened within seconds to me. As if I closed my eyes and opened them.

Sometimes when I remember how everything went, I wish I had gone for the surgery a long time ago.

4 Likes

Re: Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by olamy7(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2023
GBPUSD:

Nothing to worry about or fear. I had hydrocele surgery few months ago. It took me years to summon the courage. That fear of being unconscious and having people operate on you and all.

But to my surprise, it wasn't as difficult as I presumed. The whole thing happened within seconds to me. As if I closed my eyes and opened them.

Sometimes when I remember how everything went, I wish I had gone for the surgery a long time ago.

Glad it was a successful one. Please may I ask how much it cost to do hydrocelectomy?

Thank you in advance
Re: Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by GBPUSD: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2023
olamy7:

Glad it was a successful one. Please may I ask how much it cost to do hydrocelectomy?

Thank you in advance

A little close to 100k.
Re: Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by teyus: 3:10am On Jul 26
What part of Nigeria did you do it please?

Someone very close to me has inguinal hernia and he is scared to go for surgery.
Re: Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by ZIONETPAINTS: 4:50pm On Aug 02
Where did you do the surgery?
Re: Hernia Surgery: What To Expect. by ZIONETPAINTS: 4:51pm On Aug 02
Where did you do the surgery please.. Name of the hospital.
GBPUSD:

(1) (Reply)

Weak Eye Sight, Need Help / New Show Vacancy / Controversial Research Predicts How Long You Will Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.