Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,343 members, 7,881,264 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:31 PM

I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please (14369 Views)

Sales Rep Needed (part Time Job) 30k / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by AntiChristian: 11:29am On Aug 22, 2023
Do it but don't sidown there!

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by mbahdi(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2023
Slickbishop:

I am in lagos island.i want a better paying job.how do we connect?
U no hear she...na he u be now..na tail u get..so dats man inhumanity to man.
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by tiswell(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2023
better reject such devilish and retrogressive offer

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by orikoku: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2023
Get a good loan and start a business. If not..
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2023
Just use it to build your CV because presently you have no experience but don't stop looking out for new offer
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Major77: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2023
Forget that furking job N30k can not fuel a car tank now please look for hand work and learn or start business. Me am a prison officer my salary is 30k it can not even buy a bag rice now.so din enter that trap.
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by richie240: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2023
Don't make d same mistake that many of us made.
Fashi that 30k and go get a skill.
The ordinary phone repairer under a tent makes an average of 10k (to be modest) per day.

I wish I had someone to explain things to me as a young graduate, I won't have wasted years chasing after meagre salary.

Even 80k salary is a chicken change as things stand.

....and I'm being honest with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Skillsnigeria: 11:33am On Aug 22, 2023
Job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Bfly: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2023
Consider your convenience and stress level b4 taking the job. 30k is better than 0.
If you love teaching and good at it take it but if not don't even think about it. Or else the 30k might be a minus to your well being.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Oseromo3: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2023
Pennywise2:
accept the job. Do not do any extra lesson. Use your spare time to go for personal tutoring for free on YouTube.
Topic: eBook writing, or blogging or Amazon. After one month get started. What's your choice let me put you through

I am interested in your guiding me on blogging and ebook writing
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Love56743: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2023
Accept the job definitely you will get another job that you would earn more than 30k, But truth be said Nigeria is not easy at all, i pity those who have faith in Nigeria government..
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by chiefolododo(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2023
IyaTola:
From DM
Don't accept it, it's slavery
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by ayoola2002(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2023
Do it
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by BoldBrainz(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2023
You didn't get a job baba. You simply got an NYSC extension pay package.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Trustmea: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2023
Obodo ah cast gwo tey tey just negwodi ego ana akwu onye putara mahadum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by BabaIbo: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2023
You're already married, I would have said you should take it.

My first job after nysc was 45k, after few weeks I quit the job because of the increasing transport cost then which is almost chasing the salary.

I thought another will come easy, but for where, so I had take up a teaching job in order not to be idle.
The pay was 15k, the first salary sef no complete, I don forget the money for something wey dem comot inside.
After few months, I took up another in a school where the pay is 30k and supported it with home tutorials and after school lessons.
All these while I was seriously saving and learning some skills which I later used to work as side hustle.

Today, I have my own business, I am an employer of labour.

So, my point is you can take it up if it is a flexible job that supports you doing other jobs/hustles.
If it is a rigid one, I won't advice you to take it.
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by onlyboyson(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2023
Allawiee continues
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Sharpsharp00123: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2023
jackmrandy:

This country is really full of shit. This same 30k was what I just spent over the weekend and I believe many more out there spent more than that. And that's what one person willl be paid for the whole month. I really feel for this country. The tenure is still a very long one. This country is full of shitsssssssssss.. Bloody fffffff country. The worse thing is that everybody is facing it.. For the accepting it or not. I believe you are a woman, take it for now in order to avoid being at home and to help your hobby. But if you have other means that can give you that or more than that, I will suggest you leave it. Teaching does not pay anymore. Except you want to do it for the sake of teaching young ones.
who ask u

U spend 30k per week u carry mic, what of others that spend more

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Vinnie2000(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2023
richie240:
Don't make d same mistake that many of us made.
Fashi that 30k and go get a skill.
The ordinary phone repairer under a tent makes an average of 10k (to be modest) per day.

I wish I had someone to explain things to me as a young graduate, I won't have wasted years chasing after meagre salary.

Even 80k salary is a chicken change as things stand.

....and I'm being honest with you.
cool

One thing you 'Salary Bashers' must understand is
Everyone CANNOT be Business or Skill Acquisition inclined.😒

Some Pple like to Work, and go Home by 4, 5pm.🤨🙂
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Chachamiliano: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2023
IyaTola:
From DM

Accept the Job. The thing that many people do not know is that first jobs are not always rossi. But its positions you to get a better job in future.

When I graduated I was a motor boy for my childhood friend who was into oil and gas. The little experience I gained then helped me to get my first job with a multinational company.

The more you are outdoor, the better your chances in getting referrals, adverts and connection. You can never get all this indoor.

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Yankee101: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2023
If you have a family it’s your job to cater for them

But all this while you were sitting at home you could have learnt coding, cloud computing, data analytics or even pop ceiling work

Just go out and make money.
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Vinnie2000(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2023
BabaIbo:
You're already married, I would have said you should take it.

My first job after nysc was 45k, after few weeks I quit the job because of the increasing transport cost then which is almost chasing the salary.

I thought another will come easy, but for where, so I had take up a teaching job in order not to be idle
The pay was 15k, the first salary sef no complete, I don forget the money for something wey dem comot inside.
After few months, I took up another in a school where the pay is 30k and supported it with home tutorials and after school lessons.
All these while I was seriously saving and learning some skills which I later used to work as side hustle.

Today, I have my own business, I am an employer of labour.

So, my point is you can take it up if it is a flexible job that supports you doing other jobs/hustles.
If it is a rigid one, I won't advice you to take it.

That's the Mistake Many Teachers/Employees make. sad

Jumping from Organization to Organization in search of Higher pay.😕

Just stay in one place, Try save Money and open any Small business.
Even if it is Puff Puff and Eggroll business. 🤨🙂
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by DanielsParker(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2023
Lol , sorry to laugh but you should know what you want . Take out your expenses, if you’re ok with the take-home monthly, then take the job.
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Berrityga: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2023
Dive into marriage without a plan!! Thinking you can survive on your hubbys money!! If you don’t accept the job someone else will do that’s for sure!! So sit Dey and be waiting for my advise!!
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by ahnie: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
sad u can start doing side business like selling Minerals,pure water in ur house after sch/engage in janitorial work(hope u aren't too big for such job?)
Seconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by Novarisammy2: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
IyaTola:
From DM

you can look for a cheaper school and register your child for the time being . subsequently when things get better you can now go for a better school . I equally advice you to take the job, at all at all na him bad pass

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by BabaIbo: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
Vinnie2000:

That's the Mistake Many Teachers/Employees make. sad

Jumping from Organization to Organization in search of Higher pay.😕

Just stay in one place, Try save Money and open any Small business.
Even if it is Puff Puff and Eggroll business. 🤨🙂

Yes, it was actually a sales job.

Having your own business is very good, infact the best but business can't be for everyone.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by na2016: 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
IyaTola:
From DM

Accept the job. You will even have more respect from your hubby that you are contributing something no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by aklid(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Accept it with open arms
Many are looking to get one but didn’t
Except if u have anything that can earn u more than that
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by paris10: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Where are you located? My errand boys take in double of that. Depends on location. Wanna help.
Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by LORDKing001: 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
IyaTola:
From DM

If your salary is 30k add home lessons to it if your child will allow you

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please by IbotNugida(m): 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
DO NOT DESPISE LITTLE BEGINING! i was offered a federal govt appointment 4 years ago with SSCE and a takehome of 40k monthly. i declined it, today the takehome is 76k, with people paying upto abt 500K to get same opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KPMG Nigeria Graduate Trainees Programme 2015/2016 / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips / What Type Of Job(s) Will You Like To Do For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.