Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,162 members, 7,896,947 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja (37398 Views)

Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking / Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Litmus: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2023
Reading through the thread, it becomes apparent that significant amount of Nigerians love junk, wallow in it and are altogether junk minded.

So it is apparent then that any person in power like Wike who wants to clean up Nigeria cities, in order to drag the people kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, need to take the people out of Junk if Junk cannot be taken out of the people. Towards this end, perhaps ministers like Wikie need to target people that buy food/stuff from streetside sellers, if streetside sellers cannot be effectively gotten rid.

Market Side Approach:

1) Abuja has some attractive organised markets. Wike needs to improve and expand these.

2) Wike could also create attractive zones along major roads with government created, modern looking Kiosks that road side traders could occupy. They are charged token rent fees or pay quarterly to for passes. Roads along which traders are permitted, red painted etc.

Buyers Side Approach:

1) Wike 's government could implement resident education programs in which emphasis is placed on informing citizens of the security, health and economic hazards implications inherent in patronising road side sellers or hawkers. Buying encourages the tradition.

2) the government has patrol teams or part of policing will involve fines for motorists that buy from roadside vendors. This could be part of traffic violation laws etc
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by CY001(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2023
Story story
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Anaukwu364(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2023
If the decision is to control littering of dirt in Abuja, it would have been reasonable, but then what plans have been put in place to help these people, what they can immediately fall back upon. Most of these hawkers feed from hand to mouth, seems like it's due to the over-hyping that's made him to make such decisions
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Connected1: 10:04am On Aug 23, 2023
SmartyPants:

By promising to bring light, ensure sanitation and banish street trading which is already prohibited?

Why don't you people want Nigeria to be great?
So are these the things that will make Nigeria great?

You know nothing, most of these people are petty traders and if we had companies that can employ them in Nigeria, they won't hesitate in leaving those businesses.

Don't be Myopic, these are not ways to make a country great, they are misplaced priorities.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by colestephan86: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
The spirit wey dey pursue you to kill will continue to push you to step on toes.

You are bloody Southerner and will be dealt with soon. Arewa no kuku like you before. You go soon turn to orphan.. grin
Abuja isn't a Hausa or Fulani state, stupid!!
When el rufai was FCT minister, he did same
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Jeyun: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
ABUJA DaDDY 001, some people with RED CAP chiefs will be running kitikiti-katakata by now... Yen yen yen Bla Bla Bla dem say ABUJA no be Rivers state... How they try to console there selves with conspiracy theories is legendary... Tueh tufiakwa... Dem say Nigeria na unity begers yet they want Ikwerre land by fire by thunder... Ipob terrorists and there sympathizers must be flushed out completely because they are virus in my beloved country 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬
Demolishion man DADDY WIKS is coming IPOB miscreants run run run... I love NIGERIA 🇳🇬❤️✌️
listen to yourself
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by ufuosman(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2023
Tinubu and wike get agenda 😂😂😂 many of those big name go cry blood

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Blogtoday: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Nigeria will be great again!

That's why it is important that we have more schooled and skilled people in Nigeria. That's one of the surest ways to lift may people from the poverty of the mind and pocket.

The Relevance of Business and Social Sciences Courses in Nigeria Today 

https://www.nairaland.com/7812834/relevance-business-social-sciences-courses
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by udemzyudex(m): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2023
Wike too dey watch Nigerian movie, I remember that isakaba movie wey the woman wey dey sell corn dey keep gun for arm robbers cheesy grin
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by blowjohn(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2023
nkemoma:

U go see shege.. no worry.. wear body armor I you de Waka for street o

Which kind shege.

Let woke do his job well. Abuja is a mess
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Spiff20(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2023
Igbo:
This is purely targeted to Ibos
Better rest.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by pquaver(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2023
turmacs:
You think sey na by all these one's, he will thoroughly deal with your nonsenses there..weda una like am or not.. It's like you don't know who wike is. you think he is your average southerner... when he is done with you people, that civilization you have refused to accept up North, you guys will begin to champion it. tongue

Only you will still write, and only you will still reply yourself... *Yimu
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by KingMiles007: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2023
FCT Officials Receives Unexpected Shock As Wike Drops Bombshell

While moving resolutely to revitalize the nation's capital, Abuja, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, issued a stern call for action to officials, cautioning that complacency would not be tolerated.

Highlighting the significance of tangible results, Wike asserted, " I am not a proponent of abandoned projects. Our approach will be financially responsible, ensuring projects are undertaken when resources are available. "

Wike also underscored his dedication to ensuring a clean and sanitary Abuja. " You must be ready to work hard. I must make sure I give you BP, so you must work hard. You can't be sleeping when the environment is dirty. You can't be a director for anything", Wike declared.

Watch the full video here 👉 https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scooper-news-news-around-you/id1644044109

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Typing: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2023
overall90:

Abeg close your mouth.
Street trading have been banned in Port Harcourt for years and Igbos doing just fine there.
So it's igbos that are roasting corn in Abuja

Yes.
All those that are roasting Corn, Gala hawkers, fake Chargers hawkers, pure water hawkers and most petty traders I'm Abuja are Igbo.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by MorningStar233: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2023
turmacs:
You think sey na by all these one's, he will thoroughly deal with your nonsenses there..weda una like am or not.. It's like you don't know who wike is. you think he is your average southerner... when he is done with you people, that civilization you have refused to accept up North, you guys will begin to champion it. tongue

What civilization are you talking about? Is it Wike that built Abuja to the level it is now? Abi na flyover be civilization? They hawk in Porthacourt too so what are you saying
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Onyiridike(f): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2023
turmacs:
When he starts with your own people, you will sing another song.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Atlantis585: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
Action man

Inside main Abuja city hardly to see hawking na street trading for coded areas dey

How about all those Northern Almajiri people and beggars wey full everywhere? Dem go hear am grin

Useless and incompetent Buhari brought all manner of nonsense to Abuja. Tinubu and Wike will make dem see shege.

I don’t like Tinubu but I like his choice of Were Wike for FCT. We need more of his type especially in agbero heaven called Lagos. The Governor there is just useless and can’t tackle street trading, almajiris and agberos. That is why Lagos is getting worse everyday. He should just borrow Wike for 1 year grin
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2023
Jeyun:
listen to yourself
I listen to God and not myself... Ipob Ajoka
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Onyiridike(f): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
ABUJA DaDDY 001, some people with RED CAP chiefs will be running kitikiti-katakata by now... Yen yen yen Bla Bla Bla dem say ABUJA no be Rivers state... How they try to console there selves with conspiracy theories is legendary... Tueh tufiakwa... Dem say Nigeria na unity begers yet they want Ikwerre land by fire by thunder... Ipob terrorists and there sympathizers must be flushed out completely because they are virus in my beloved country 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬
Demolishion man DADDY WIKS is coming IPOB miscreants run run run... I love NIGERIA 🇳🇬❤️✌️
That is what Hausa people were saying when El-Rufai was elected as governor. Then, he started with them and sacked most of them.
Till today, 70% of all the buildings demolished in Kaduna belonged to Hausa-Fulani.
Wike might start from your tribe.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by fxexperts: 11:38am On Aug 23, 2023
UmehzEmmanuel:
I love office holders who walk the talk and seek to sanitize whatever system they find themselves in.

But Wike is already on a leash with his monumental acts of corrupt practices and abuse of office.

A typical toothless political bulldog.
Yoo say watin, just watch and see the toothless bulldog bite you very hard.

AdaojoTheUrchin:
The spirit wey dey pursue you to kill will continue to push you to step on toes.

You are bloody Southerner and will be dealt with soon. Arewa no kuku like you before. You go soon turn to orphan.. grin
Mumu they way you guys have refused to have sense up north, Wike is here to give you guys sense.

seunlayi:
Wike is making people see why he can't ever be Nigeria president . He is trying to punish Abuja out reply for not voting for his master
Also playing the victim mentality, how does this one has to do with punishing Abuja Citizen for not voting APC now, you guys will just open mouth Waa and loads of rubbish will be gushing out. What is good about street hawking in Nigerian federal capital territory, do you know what image that portrays before the international community, you are must be a joke for supporting this rubbish, maybe you blacks are allergic to good things and positive change for ones.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Atlantis585: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Snowx:

You called him a bloody southerner, alright, he will deal with bloody northerner. Wike is also a Mafia I trust him..

Thank you my brother! Abeg collect these…

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Atlantis585: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2023
naijapikin2:
This man is a joker.
As someone resident in Abuja I can tell you that he will not last there as minister if he tows that hard line.
Him no do pass el rufai the midget

We shall see.
If you think El-Midget was tough, you never see Wike.
That’s the kind of person Nigeria actually needs as President.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2023
Onyiridike:

That is what Hausa people were saying when El-Rufai was elected as governor. Then, he started with them and sacked most of them.
Till today, 70% of all the buildings demolished in Kaduna belonged to Hausa-Fulani.
Wike might start from your tribe.
cry me a river runs qul...
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by toneroforever(m): 11:49am On Aug 23, 2023
Georgejeez:
grin grin grin the shege go touch everybody , y'all laughing and mocking Atiku for not reconciling with this bag of headache during the Elections , how far

Wike is a Man that shouldn't be put close to power because it gets into his head , someone said this appointment is his 3rd tenure as Governor .

However thank God he has no immunity and can be easily restrained via injunction by the courts if he overdo things ..
#pray for Wadata Plaza

No need for the prayer.
Anytime APC loses power, their party office will go down as well. Tit for tat.
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Cabalgeneral: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:

Their eyes will open
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Atlantis585: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2023
Atlantis585:

Thank you my brother! Abeg collect one…
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Chetas81(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
turmacs:
sniper bullet will do the job if care is not taken
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by tnerro1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
When will WIKe start sharing that forty years old whiskey, we wan check something 😁😁
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Omoawoke: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
Long overdue.
Igbos will soon cry victimization
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by lizko(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hell Rufai demolished must of the southerners houses everybody was healing him, no one said pin. Wike is coming to beat his records.
turmacs:
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by DaRuud(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
Him go tire , everywhere wey be like hawking area for Abuja from Zuba to Mararaba to Area 3to Banex to Under bridges for FCT

Islie:

People Selling Corn, Others In Abuja Are Responsible For Insecurity In Nigeria's Capital —FCT Minister, Wike

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/22/people-selling-corn-others-abuja-are-responsible-insecurity-nigerias-capital-fct

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by depure(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
FuckTheMod:
grin

No nonsense Wicked WIKE grin grin grin

Wike should have been given defence minister grin

or

Power (electricity) minister.
I dey tell you actions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie & Lere Olayinka Slam Each Other On Twitter  / DSS, Army Storm Forest In Sokoto To Engage Armed Militia From Mali. Photos / Femi Fani-Kayode Under Fire Over His Comment About Datti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.