Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,364 members, 7,967,958 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 01:57 PM

Salvation From Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation From Sin (111 Views)

How Can I Be Free From Sin Completely? / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Salvation From Sin by Kei144(m): 8:29am On Aug 26, 2023
Ro. 5:10 For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Jn. 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

A person who has the Holy Spirit in her/him shall be saved from sin by the life of God. Many people erroneously believe that if any person has the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit gives the person power to live above sin. The reality is that it is the life of God (divine life) working in a person that saves the person from the power of sin and the life of God is in the word of God. However, it is the Holy Spirit that applies the life of God to the human being. That is why in Jn. 17:17 Jesus asks the Father to sanctify (make holy) his followers by the truth, which is God’s word.

A person who has received the Holy Spirit is in the same state as Adam was in the Garden of Eden before the fall, which is also the same state in which Jesus Christ was after the Holy Spirit came upon him (Mt. 3:16). The fact that a normal human being who has been baptized into Jesus Christ was previously in the habit of sinning doesn’t make much difference; after all Adam who wasn’t in the habit of sinning went on to become a sinner and the only thing that prevented Jesus from sinning, when he was tempted by Satan, was consistently warding sin off by the word of God. Therefore, what determines whether one will be holy or not is not whether one had previously formed the habit of sinning, but rather one’s ability to consistently ward sin off by the word of God.

He. 4:7 Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” [Ps. 95:7,8]

If you have the Spirit of God in you and you start today to consistently ward sin off your life by the word of God, you will be surprised to see the righteousness of God growing in you rapidly. Holiness is not as far-fetched as most people believe. It is just that Satan and his angels are waging war against mankind using sin and the only way to win the war against sin is to fight with the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. War is never an easy thing; most people don’t go into the inconvenience of warring against sin and so their lives are controlled by sin.

Ge. 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”

Ep. 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Ep. 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.

Ep. 5:26 shows that cleansing from sin is done through the word of God. How does this work?

Is. 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
Is. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

In Is. 55:11, God says that His word cannot return to Him without accomplishing what it says. So, when a Christian returns God’s word to Him, the Spirit of God accomplishes what the word says in the life of the Christian. Let me show you an example.

Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Mt. 22:37 Jesus replied: “`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
Mt. 22:38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
Mt. 22:39 And the second is like it: `Love your neighbour as yourself.’
Mt. 22:40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Lk. 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

By your grace, Holy Father God Almighty, I shall be perfect, even as you, our heavenly father are perfect. I shall be holy and blameless. In the name of Jesus Christ.

By your grace, glorious Father God, I will always love you with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind and with all my strength. I shall love my neighbor as I love myself. In the name of Jesus Christ.

By your grace everlasting Father God, I shall do to others as I would have them do to me.

The above example shows how I return specific words of God to Him. I do this every morning and evening. As I continually return God’s words to Him, I see my heart becoming cleaner and cleaner. God’s righteousness is increasing in me. This is not mere story or theory. Practice continually returning God’s word to Him as illustrated in the above example and see yourself becoming free from sin.

Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

If any Christian conquers sin in her/his life, God will do for that person what He did for Jesus (Mt. 4:11, Lk. 4:14).

1Co. 2:9 However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” — [Isaiah 64:4]

(1) (Reply)

Morning Glow With Mathew Ashimolowo / God's Amazing Love For You / The Umbrella Of Darkness Dr DK Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.