Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,956 members, 7,927,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:25 AM

Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 (25308 Views)

Arsenal Vs Nottingham Forest (5 - 0) On 30th October 2022 / Burnley Vs Manchester United 0 - 2 -On 2nd September 2018 / Cardiff City Vs Arsenal (2 - 3) On 2nd September 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kriss216:

Omo, the process is not processing at all...this coach no sabi

Well many were deceived and have been deceived over time that buying players guarantees success.

After spending 1billion pounds from last season till now, am sure you thought that Chelsea can walk on water.

Sorry...no be so. The Chelsea structure is wrong. The coach might not be bad but he has become lazy.

Success in football is beyond buying players. If a coach doesn't do his job, if them like buy 1 million players, nothing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by gentlesmithugo(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
Is like all dis chelshit coaches get something wey dem dey take wey we never no.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
lexy2014:

Every player is talented but the transfer market has made most of them overpriced beyond their real value that's why like you said, they end up being flops

Football is beyond just throwing millions of dollars away in the name of "strengthening". Football has lost its essence.

Today, clubs think they can buy success without doing the work. Unfortunately, most fans think the same and always get disappointed

They don't realize that it takes time and experience to actually BUILD a proper team...

We are talking not less than 2 to 3 seasons.

I'm shocked no one is looking at Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid... The man has spent little yet consistently brought forth a good team, season after season.

Look at Brighton too... Look at West Ham currently.

Everyone thinks that throwing money around is the only reason Real Madrid and Man City are where they are now... SMH.

Don't get me wrong... Good money helps, but without a solid foundation, it will be a waste.

This Chelsea team has no foundation, no core values, no philosophy, no backbone... No depth of experience.

They will suffer this season.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
Great100000:
Stop saying what you don't know Sir, been a Chelsea fan since when Chelsea dey wear Autoglass, so I have seen worse, this Coach is just an average Coach.

What makes him an average?

Where will you get a beyond average coach today?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by yemmit90: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Chelsea need high profile established players to revive the team.

You can't have Westham United materials and expect to compete with top 4 teams.

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Fira09(m): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
What an unfortunate club, condolence to their fans.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by chaiks: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
So once you spend big, you achieve result immediately? Mind you, most of these players cost much because they still have age on their side
Qasim6:

You are funny

A team that spent over 1 billion in the 3 transfer window need time to blend. No one is going to give them time.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by chaiks: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
Baba easy. Sometimes it's not as we think even after spending big. We are building a new project.
lexy2014:

Why should the coach talk to them to step up their performance?

I thought the idea was to "spend big" and once you do that you can w7n anything and everything?

Why will you give "two solid seasons" to a billion pound team to blend?

How much time will you now give to a Luton that is worth just £20m to blend?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Dexy4yah(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2023
After spending £450m on transfer window and the players can't deliver.

Money can't really give you complete happiness....what a life

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

They don't realize that it takes time and experience to actually BUILD a proper team...

We are talking not less than 2 to 3 seasons.

I'm shocked no one is looking at Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid... The man has spent little yet consistently brought forth a good team, season after season.

Look at Brighton too... Look at West Ham currently.

Everyone thinks that throwing money around is the only reason Real Madrid and Man City are where they are now... SMH.

Don't get me wrong... Good money helps, but without a solid foundation, it will be a waste.

God bless you. You spoke my mind in entirety.

Diego Simeone....a brilliant coach. Such a hardworking fellow.

To add to your Brighton example is Newcastle at least up to last season. Phenomenal football.

There's no substitute to coaching which involves improving the player which takes time. No amount of spending can do that. Money is now replacing coaching.

Even Madrid has got their hands burnt several times. Barcelona under Bartomeu was just spending and buying anything he could find. Most of those player's he bought are all gone now without making any impact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by sylve11: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
sylve11:
Draw game

Won't even be surprised Nottingham Forest tumble chelsea.

@Angelfrost. cool

I talk am grin grin cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2023
chaiks:
Baba easy. Sometimes it's not as we think even after spending big. We are building a new project.
Bro, you didn't answer the questions.

Why should the coach talk to them to step up their performance?

I thought the idea was to "spend big" and once you do that you can win anything and everything?

Why will you give "two solid seasons" to a billion pound team to blend?

How much time will you now give to a Luton that is worth just £20m to blend?
Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by puremaker7(m): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2023
yemmit90:

Westhan self get experienced players pass this Chelsea team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by maestroferddi: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2023
Emilo:
After taking my time to watch this Chelsea team. I can conclude that this team is below average. They can’t break down opponents to score which will be their greatest undoing this season.
What do you expect when you decided to pin your hopes on a Nicholas Jackson who was not that spectacular at Villarreal?

The coach is culpable for going out on a recruitment spree for its own sake.

This coach is almost in the same bucket like Arteta at Arsenal: You cannot go far in the modern game without an elite, prolific striker with at least 20-goal output in the league.

If you like buy 100 midfielders, wingers and defenders... football excellence is all about goals.

Guardiola is no fool...He prioritizes the attacking side of the team knowing that will separate him from pretenders and toilets...

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2023
lexy2014:

God bless you. You spoke my mind in entirety.

To add to your Brighton example is Newcastle at least up to last season. Phenomenal football.

There's no substitute to coaching which involves improving the player which takes time. No amount of spending can do that. Money is now replacing coaching.

Even Madrid has got their hands burnt several times. Barcelona under Bartomeu was just spending and buying anything he could find. Most of those player's he bought are all gone now

Barcelona under Bartomeu will remain a good example... But, Todd Boehly has taken the crown already.

The worst thing they can do now is bow to fan pressure and sack Poch so soon. That would be stupid.

They need to step back, lower all expectations and allow the man work... He needs at least 2 seasons to sort things out.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2023
sylve11:

I talk am grin grin cool

Chelsea useless die...! Shekpe FC.
Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by teejaymmm(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2023
How do you sell all your experience players? Who does that. Rebuilding a team should be a process, you don't just overhaul like that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by proxillin(m): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
Nemesis0147:
The lose is on pochettino….from the start to the end!!

yes...but is he the striker that refused to score?
Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Menclothing: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
Chelsea is gone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by mywells: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
Abramovic is the best that has happened to Chelsea,Chelsea is now an average team,they just pull their energy against newly promoted side Luton, there's still much team to play,Tottenham, crystals palace,wolve,Briton,westham to mention few.

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

Barcelona under Bartomeu will remain a good example... But, Todd Boehly has taken the crown already.

The worst thing they can do now is bow to fan pressure and sack Poch so soon. That would be stupid.

They need to step back, lower all expectations and allow the man work... He needs at least 2 seasons to sort things out.

😀😀 That guy no be Boehly. Na Bolle.

Honestly but the man has no idea how to run a football club.

Chelsea should be doing better. If the club can do what you said in your last paragraph, then they can move forward.

In that period, they also need to offload the crowd they call a team and just be a football team.

Meanwhile, na the same I take de look Chelsea na I take de look Arteta and arsenal

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by sylve11: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
Samuel L. Jackson nor see football play. grin

Sterling bank almost return to NAL Bank. Him just dey set yansh dey run anyhow for field grin grin

Concedo think sey na to squeeze face up and down them take dey win. grin

Enzo been think sey him na Paracetamol, him just dey take full satchet of pain killer for teammates headache. grin

A well deserved beating.

Anthony Elangachukukwu, thank you. grin
Thank you, Nottingham Forest. grin grin 😆 🤣 😂 😹 cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Jjhunt(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2023
8 odds just waste....imagine staking 1million on this

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Jjhunt(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2023
8 odds just waste....imagine staking 1million on this grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2023
yemmit90:

What is now the job of the coach if Chelsea now "need high profile established players to revive the team"?

How will the high profile established players revive the team?

The "high profile established players", will they fall from heaven?

All the billions they spent on players what is it for?

If you say "You can't have Westham United materials and expect to compete with top 4 teams", what does Newcastle have that made it qualify for CL?

How did West ham win a European trophy with it's calibre of players?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by LZAA: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
Great100000:
Stop saying what you don't know Sir, been a Chelsea fan since when Chelsea dey wear Autoglass, so I have seen worse, this Coach is just an average Coach.
Lol
No Nigerian nay no African outside west london was a Chelsea fan back in the day
I can comfortably tell you this😄
Is poch average?i don't think so
I think the break he took from coaching must have affected him
Also having jackson and broja as striking options is yhe worst thing you can have as a coach

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Reference(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
Abdulmumin412:

Billion or million

Is half a billion no longer 500 million that was allegedly spent by the Blues this window, and multiplied by 900 naira to a dollar should be 450 billion or so....
Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by ufuosman(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kriss216:
We're playing at home against ordinary Forest with only two attackers undecided
Wtf is wrong with this coach
D coach is mad.
Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Landowner101(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
It's official, chelsea is under a curse

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by Reference(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

.. James Maddison made a great decision switching to Spurs. Great fit for both player and club.

Best business this window of all Premiership teams by a country mile. The guy is reborn.

Levi finally struck gold after years of dry holes.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2023
Warl0ck:
I am now an Arsenal fan.
Chelsea bye bye.

Chai you finally deny your team, you be plastic fan walai grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest (0 - 1) On 2nd September 2023 by lexy2014: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nah... They will definitely finish outside top 4, but never gonna get relegated. Lol

The relegation teams know themselves...

Everton
Luton (already relegated sef)
Burnley
Sheffield United
Wolves (regular customer but will still luckily survive)

Meanwhile... James Maddison made a great decision switching to Spurs. Great fit for both player and club.

No surprise say as Harry Kane commot, Tottenham go win trophy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Liverpool To Play Chelsea In Uefa Super Cup In Istanbul / Burnley Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 11th August 2023 / Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.