Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,347 members, 7,888,110 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:32 PM

Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land (1676 Views)

Meet The Top Nigerian Instagram Entrepreneurs / Meet The World Billionaires Of 2019 - Forbes (Photos) / Top 10 Richest Yoruba Man In Nigeria And Their Networth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Moh248: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2023
While nairaland reeks of tribalism.

Also with crazy morons who have not traveled and seen places but only swallow gossips like full blow animals.

Here is a Yoruba man who loves the igbos and prospered.

Professor Olusegun O. Sogbesan, Director and Founder of Onitsha Business School.
He arrived Agulu, in the then old Anambra state in 1985, from his native in Osun state and identified a gap with Traders in Onitsha Main Market
Entrepreneurial studies.

After his National Youth Service Year the following year in 1986, Segun stayed back in Anambra state. He saw a need to empower the traders with the right information based on the gaps he identified from his many interaction with them."

Segun believed that with the right exposure, information and training, these traders will live up to their highest potentials.

He developed an academic program tailored towards business which provides a young Igbo apprentice that has completed Imu-Ahia training with choices..
The ability to go to his shop during weekdays, then attend an adult education school on weekends. Thus, Onitsha Business school, the first business school in Anambra was established by Segun. The idea is to empower traders with the right skills and tools for the 21st century.

Prof. Segun has spent majority of his adult life in the eastern part of Nigeria, (he has lived in Onitsha for over 33 years). He is fluent in Igbo language, and has delivered lectures in igbo language.

It begs the question for all of us 'Where is home'?

7 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Moh248: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2023
See them
Viewing the thread and disappearing like approved lunatics

7 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Alchemy528: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2023
Because his just igbo I won't hear words again
Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Moh248: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2023
Mad fellows
Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by richeeyo(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2023
You not ashamed, why so scanty, why can't you give hundreds of examples

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by YeyeGbami: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2023
1/10000000000

Meanwhile night bus and polythene bag comes to mind.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Moh248: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2023
richeeyo:

You are mad in the middle of your head

Don't travel, explore and be useful with your life .

Stay and be looking for Omo Igbo that is your problem

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by dangermouse(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2023
Yoruba's are scattered across southeast doing great. My late dad was one of them.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

They are many and speak ibo so fluently you hardly know excerpt through name. Same with Hausa's and other tribes.

All these tribal bigots that have taken over nairaland, shame on you all!

Nigeria will be great yet.

7 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by dangermouse(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2023
richeeyo:

Where have you travelled to in the Southeast?

Travel and see for yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by lexylaw09: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2023
Today is Sunday, pls I no get your time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Moh248: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2023
lexylaw09:
Today is Sunday, I no get your time

See them, politicians turn una brain like malu .

Una leave wetting dey important for life begin dance for politicians benefits

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by lexylaw09: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2023
Moh248:

See them, politicians turn una brain like malu .

Una leave wetting dey important for life begin dance for politicians benefits
omo see painment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2023
Anambra is a no man’s land.

Yorubas developed Anambra

That’s the fact. Onitsha was discovered by Samuel Ajayi crowther.

Samuel Ajayi crowther brought civilization to Anambra in 1857

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2023
lexylaw09:
omo see painment

You are a sadist. grin.

That picture you posted can send some people to early demise

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Moh248: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2023
dangermouse:
Yoruba's are scattered across southeast doing great. My late dad was one of them.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

They are many and speak ibo so fluently you hardly know excerpt through name. Same with Hausa's and other tribes.

All these tribal bigots that have taken over nairaland, shame on you all!

Nigeria will be great yet.

You dey mind the animals

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by lexylaw09: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:

You are a sadist. grin.

That picture you posted can send some people to early demise
padi mi, its not my fault oo, I'm just trying to be magnanimous in victory grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by goodnessme1(f): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2023
richeeyo:
Don't worry we're coming to oshogho to drag and make you prosper in East.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by goodnessme1(f): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2023
YeyeGbami:
1/10000000000

Meanwhile night bus and polythene bag comes to mind.
More coming by January after Christmas. grin grin

By 2026 some of them will own land and house in Lagos. grin grin

Na God doing

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by goodnessme1(f): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Anambra is a no man’s land.

Yorubas developed Anambra

That’s the fact. Onitsha was discovered by Samuel Ajayi crowther.

Samuel Ajayi crowther brought civilization to Anambra in 1857
Anambra is no man's land,we agreed.

Lagos is no man's land.

Do you agree? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
goodnessme1:
Anambra is no man's land,we agreed.

Lagos is no man's land.

Do you agree? grin grin

Lagos belongs to Yoruba. When Yorubas were developing Lagos, your ancestors were still living like scavengers walking around naked in the bush. They were cannibals

That was when Samuel Ajayi crowther discovered your people inside bush. They were uncivilized

See what colonizers wrote about your land

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
goodnessme1:
More coming by January after Christmas. grin grin

By 2026 some of them will own land and house in Lagos. grin grin

Na God doing

You all make dumb claims and yet no Igbo man is on Forbes list.

The poorest people in the southern country are still igbos

One Igbo brother said they control market in Lagos. When they talk of market, he was mentioning spare part markets

Laugh wan kill me this level of illiteracy. An average Igbo man from village think market is a place where people buy and sell.

What of stock markets, real estate market, food and beverages markets? Yorubas own these markets

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by mrvitalis(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2023
richeeyo:
Name 20 Yoruba that have prospered in the North... Or South South ( outside the government oil sector)

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Name 20 Yoruba that have prospered in the North... Or South South ( outside the government oil sector)

When the land of prosperity is southwest, what are we looking for outside. We stay in our region to prosper, but you follow us come.

Name 10 Americans that are prospering in Lagos? Americans don’t need to come here to hustle, it’s the other way round

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by mrvitalis(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:

When the land of prosperity is southwest, what are we looking for outside. We stay in our region to prosper, but you follow us come.

Name 10 Americans that are prospering in Lagos? Americans don’t need to come here to hustle, it’s the other way round
I can name 10 Indians, Chinese, these countries are better than Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

I can name 10 Indians, Chinese, these countries are better than Nigeria...

Investors.
And they are in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo not in southeast

So tell me why we should leave the land of prosperity.

When Yorubas leave southwest, they leave for US, Canada and Uk and are thriving there without making noise

We don’t make noise, you guys chest beat a lot. I am very sure a little research will reveal several Yorubas doing very well in the North and Southeast. But the Yoruba culture teaches that one need to stay humble. That’s why Yorubas don’t talk and you people begin to think say na una wise pass

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by 22o62021: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
Go to Nsukka and ask if JB gbadamosi

He is a very good philanthropist

1 Like

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by mrvitalis(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Investors.
And they are in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo not in southeast

So tell me why we should leave the land of prosperity.

When Yorubas leave southwest, they leave for US, Canada and Uk and are thriving there without making noise

We don’t make noise, you guys chest beat a lot. I am very sure a little research will reveal several Yorubas doing very well in the North and Southeast. But the Yoruba culture teaches that one need to stay humble. That’s why Yorubas don’t talk and you people begin to think say na una wise pass
Name 10 in Oyo
Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by enemybulldozer(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
Moh248:
While nairaland reeks of tribalism.

Also with crazy morons who have not traveled and seen places but only swallow gossips like full blow animals.

Here is a Yoruba man who loves the igbos and prospered.

Professor Olusegun O. Sogbesan, Director and Founder of Onitsha Business School.
He arrived Agulu, in the then old Anambra state in 1985, from his native in Osun state and identified a gap with Traders in Onitsha Main Market
Entrepreneurial studies.

After his National Youth Service Year the following year in 1986, Segun stayed back in Anambra state. He saw a need to empower the traders with the right information based on the gaps he identified from his many interaction with them."

Segun believed that with the right exposure, information and training, these traders will live up to their highest potentials.

He developed an academic program tailored towards business which provides a young Igbo apprentice that has completed Imu-Ahia training with choices..
The ability to go to his shop during weekdays, then attend an adult education school on weekends. Thus, Onitsha Business school, the first business school in Anambra was established by Segun. The idea is to empower traders with the right skills and tools for the 21st century.

Prof. Segun has spent majority of his adult life in the eastern part of Nigeria, (he has lived in Onitsha for over 33 years). He is fluent in Igbo language, and has delivered lectures in igbo language.

It begs the question for all of us 'Where is home'?
And one ebola infected mofo from sad waste created a useless thread, advocating for Eze ndigbo stool to be scrapped in sad waste.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Name 10 in Oyo
I like the fact you stylish removed ogun and Lagos. But the number of companies in Oyo alone is more than the entire southeast combined

I can list 100 for you if you want. But majority are owned by Yorubas .
From Niji foods to P&G to Rom oil ltd, Flour mills (Yoruba owned) and many others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by mrvitalis(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:

I like the fact you stylish removed ogun and Lagos. But the number of companies in Oyo alone is more than the entire southeast combined

I can list 100 for you if you want. But majority are owned by Yorubas .
From Niji foods to P&G to Rom oil ltd, Flour mills (Yoruba owned) and many others
Name 10 Yoruba billonaires based in Ibadan
Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by goodnessme1(f): 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Lagos belongs to Yoruba. When Yorubas were developing Lagos, your ancestors were still living like scavengers walking around naked in the bush. They were cannibals

That was when Samuel Ajayi crowther discovered your people inside bush. They were uncivilized

See what colonizers wrote about your land
Lagos is not Yoruba land.

Face your five Yoruba state.
Re: Meet The Yoruba Man That Prospered In Igbo Land by Omoawoke2(m): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
goodnessme1:
Lagos is not Yoruba land.

Face your five Yoruba state.

Do you know what they call Osuka?

Go and find osuka, look for person whey get muscle, the person go help you carry Lagos on your head, lift it to southeast.

That’s what you need to do

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have 1million Naira But Don't Know How To Invest. / Set Up Small Manufacturing Units In Nigeria / You Can Start Your Own Digital Publishing Company Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.