Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Anambra Govt's Converts My N10bn Rojenny Stadium To Flood Channel, Ezeonwuka... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Anambra Govt's Converts My N10bn Rojenny Stadium To Flood Channel, Ezeonwuka... (223 Views)

Ezeonwuka Felicitates Peter Obi @62, Victor Umeh@61 / Tinubu, Omo-agege, Donate N200m Relief Materials, Cash To Flood Victims In Delta / Rojenny MD Seeks Partnership To Manage Games Village In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Govt's Converts My N10bn Rojenny Stadium To Flood Channel, Ezeonwuka... by Prisschi: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2023
Anambra Govt's Converts My N10bn Rojenny Stadium To Flood Channel, Ezeonwuka Cries Out

Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, Managing Director of Rojenny Stadium and Games Village, Oba in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra says the State Governor has converted his multi-billion stadium facility to gully erosion channel.

Ezeonwuka said this in an SoS message following the devastation caused on the facility by flood

He said property worth over N300 million has so far been destroyed in the privately owned Olympic stadium by flood from rainfall this year.

He accused the Anambra government of deliberately plotting to wipe off the Rojenny Stadium and its environ.

He said he had raised the alarm but the Commissioner for Work told him that he would do something but to no avail.

According to him, the Prof. Chukwuma Soludo led government of Anambra State deliberately blocked the natural channel of flood and diverted to the stadium, so that the entire facility will be wiped out

"Because of the blockage, during every rainfall, flood goes into the stadium, I have lost over N300 million infrastructure inside Rojenny after the government decided to use it as a flood outlet.

"What we have there is ecological disaster and it will be a tragedy for the state and indeed Nigeria that, that stadium worth over N10 billion is allowed to be washed away by flood due to government insensitivity, this is very unfair," he said.

Ezeonwuka said the stadium which was the first of its kind in Africa was built about 40 years ago with the vision that it would serve as breeding ground for development of sporting talent in Anambra and Nigeria.

He said such a facility would not easily be built by any individual or government given the current state of the country's economy.
Re: Anambra Govt's Converts My N10bn Rojenny Stadium To Flood Channel, Ezeonwuka... by FirstCounsel(m): 11:45am On Aug 27, 2023
Too bad..can we see pictures if possible?

(1) (Reply)

Professional Jewelry Photo Retouching Services By Keeping Original Texture / Access Bank CEO, Herbert Wigwe Dies In Plan Crash In USA. / OPAAN Women Leader, Amb. Afebu Commensurate With The Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.