Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,174 members, 7,896,982 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:12 AM

How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products (1537 Views)

Fowl Pox: Causes And Control Measures / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2023
Organic Fowl Pox treatments in turkey and chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpZXrPJN8rQ&si=jkhytf1smO6RT3Ys

How to cure Fowl Pox in turkeys and Chickens using natural Organic products you can find around you.

Fowl Pox hass been a major problem especially in turkey birds and most farmers around are always having issues when it comes to Fowl Pox.

So I will be giving out vital information on how to cure Fowl Pox on my videos Using this natural products.
I will be listing below

1) Lime
2) lemon
3) honey
4) salt
5) ginger
6) garlic
7) Apple cinder vinager
cool Turmeric powder etc

Watch and enjoy the video.

Please if you have any other methods you are using to treat Fowl Pox feel free to share below too

@FarmTech
This has been a major issues for farmers especially local farmers, and it should help give farmers/ intended Fowl basic knowledge and how to fight Fowl pox

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2023
Drop a comment if you have face any Fowl Pox issue as a farmer before, also tell us your experience

Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jflower06(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Get saltless locust beans, mash it together and apply. Thank my in two days later
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2023
jflower06:
Get saltless locust beans, mash it together and apply. Thank my in two days later
Nice. Thanks for sharing..

Are you a turkey or chicken farmer?
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by Berrityga: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Pee on top of the shit of snail and rub it on the fowl thank me in3hrs.
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jflower06(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Nice. Thanks for sharing..

Are you a turkey or chicken farmer?

Both Turkey and chicken
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
Berrityga:
Pee on top of the shit of snail and rub it on the fowl thank me in3hrs.
Wow. Nice update.

But what do you mean by 3hrs?

Are you saying the Fowl pox will disappear in 3hrs?
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
jflower06:

Both Turkey and chicken
Cool.
Between the turkey and the chicken which do you think have much issues when they contact Fowl pox?
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jflower06(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Cool.
Between the turkey and the chicken which do you think have much issues when they contact Fowl pox?

Fowl pox is much more of issue with turkey. Chicken may survive it at times but it's different with turkey.
It's better to prevent by always cleaning their housing environment and avoid wetting the floors
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
jflower06:

Fowl pox is much more of issue with turkey. Chicken may survive it at times but it's different with turkey.
It's better to prevent by always cleaning their housing environment and avoid wetting the floors
Nice. With this I can confirm you are truly a poultry farmer.

I am working on a new video so I need your contribution.

My question is.

How profitable is turkey farming? Base on your little farming so far
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jflower06(m): 2:02am On Aug 31, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Nice. With this I can confirm you are truly a poultry farmer.

I am working on a new video so I need your contribution.

My question is.

How profitable is turkey farming? Base on your little farming so far

It depends on what you planned to achieve and the resources at your disposal.
Turkey business is very profitable but you have to wait for at least seven months before you start cashing out
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
jflower06:

It depends on what you planned to achieve and the resources at your disposal.
Turkey business is very profitable but you have to wait for at least seven months before you start cashing out
When you say 7month before cash out, in what aspect are you looking at cashing out after 7months?
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jflower06(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
RabbitGuy:

When you say 7month before cash out, in what aspect are you looking at cashing out after 7months?

It takes 7 months for turkey to start laying eggs and it also take the cocks that same period to reach a profitable size. So, if you are going into the business for their meat, you need to work towards festive periods.
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2023
jflower06:

It takes 7 months for turkey to start laying eggs and it also take the cocks that same period to reach a profitable size. So, if you are going into the business for their meat, you need to work towards festive periods.
Nice.
Last question.

So which area of turkey is more profitable? To you?
Also how much for a mature male and female in your area/ farm
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jflower06(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Nice.
Last question.

So which area of turkey is more profitable? To you?
Also how much for a mature male and female in your area/ farm
You have to run both for you to maximize your profit. You take the eggs to the hatchery on weekly basis. Sell the day old chicks, use part of the money to buy feed for a week, save the remaining as your investment then when you sell the cocks, then that will be your profit.
A 28-32 weeks old cock sells between #18000-#25000 depending on the weight. While a hen goes between the range of #8000-#12000.
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by jidestroud(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
Good Day Fellow Agricpreneurs / Farmers

For some time now, i have had to answer questions on the best possible way to tackle Pox in poultry birds (Most especially Turkey poults). As we all know, the most probably way to tackle this epidemic is prevention by means of vaccination. Nevertheless, i have seen a lot who vaccinate and still have to deal with terrible situation of pox in turkeys. Why so?

Well, the Timing of vaccination is the real deal. A major means by which the virus is spread is through insect bites (majorly mosquitos) and ofcos, we know mosquito is a big deal in this part of the world. Therefore, standard vaccination charts as put forward by most bodies isn't meant for Nigeria. Meaning, when it comes to Pox, DON'T FOLLOW THE STANDARD VACCINATION PROGRAM.

SOLUTION:
In Nigeria, the best practice as put forward by the institute on foul pox vaccination is *2 Week*!!! For me, i don't even wait till then before I vaccinate against Pox then repeat same at 2months of age. I simply use my better judgment to know when the wings are developed enough to receive the vaccination. Moreover, if you are in an environment heavily infested with mosquitoes (usually seen at night on the birds when resting at nights), adhere to the 2 weeks vaccination schedule.

*NOTE*: POX vaccination isn't for Broilers EXCEPT YOUR BIRDS ARE STAYING LONGER THAN 8WEEKS OF AGE.

Do have a lovely day.

Koodz Farms!!!
๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค›๐Ÿพ
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2023
jidestroud:
Good Day Fellow Agricpreneurs / Farmers

For some time now, i have had to answer questions on the best possible way to tackle Pox in poultry birds (Most especially Turkey poults). As we all know, the most probably way to tackle this epidemic is prevention by means of vaccination. Nevertheless, i have seen a lot who vaccinate and still have to deal with terrible situation of pox in turkeys. Why so?

Well, the Timing of vaccination is the real deal. A major means by which the virus is spread is through insect bites (majorly mosquitos) and ofcos, we know mosquito is a big deal in this part of the world. Therefore, standard vaccination charts as put forward by most bodies isn't meant for Nigeria. Meaning, when it comes to Pox, DON'T FOLLOW THE STANDARD VACCINATION PROGRAM.

SOLUTION:
In Nigeria, the best practice as put forward by the institute on foul pox vaccination is *2 Week*!!! For me, i don't even wait till then before I vaccinate against Pox then repeat same at 2months of age. I simply use my better judgment to know when the wings are developed enough to receive the vaccination. Moreover, if you are in an environment heavily infested with mosquitoes (usually seen at night on the birds when resting at nights), adhere to the 2 weeks vaccination schedule.

*NOTE*: POX vaccination isn't for Broilers EXCEPT YOUR BIRDS ARE STAYING LONGER THAN 8WEEKS OF AGE.

Do have a lovely day.

Koodz Farms!!!
๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค›๐Ÿพ

Nice contribution and advice sir...

Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by rainmoredays: 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2023
So you people started a thread without informing me.
Thank God I saw this.
Anyway, I don't really think fowl pox is a BIG deal turkey.
One of my turkey once survived the pox without medication. But like others have opined, prevention is better than cure.
Always start with the pox medications as early as possible

Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
jflower06:

You have to run both for you to maximize your profit. You take the eggs to the hatchery on weekly basis. Sell the day old chicks, use part of the money to buy feed for a week, save the remaining as your investment then when you sell the cocks, then that will be your profit.
A 28-32 weeks old cock sells between #18000-#25000 depending on the weight. While a hen goes between the range of #8000-#12000.

Noted. Thanks for all the informations. I appreciate
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
rainmoredays:
So you people started a thread without informing me.
Thank God I saw this.
Anyway, I don't really think fowl pox is a BIG deal turkey.
One of my turkey once survived the pox without medication. But like others have opined, prevention is better than cure.
Always start with the pox medications as early as possible

Any reason why you didn't give any medication?

Boss Farmtech this topic is vital for many farmers especial new farmers are facing issues on Fowl pox
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by FarmTech(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Any reason why you didn't give any medication?

Boss Farmtech this topic is vital for many farmers especial new farmers are facing issues on Fowl pox
I believe in drugs once birds get ill. Organic shud be use for prevention and to booste immunity.
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by RabbitGuy: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
FarmTech:

I believe in drugs once birds get ill. Organic shud be use for prevention and to booste immunity.
Like prevention is better than cure.

But the Fowl pox doesn't really have a cure, reason organic products like this help and also for farmers who can't access the vaccines..

They can go on preventive methods
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by FarmTech(m): 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Like prevention is better than cure.

But the Fowl pox doesn't really have a cure, reason organic products like this help and also for farmers who can't access the vaccines..

They can go on preventive methods
Ok oo
Re: How To Cure Fowl Pox In Turkeys And Chickens Using Organic Products by Love800(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01
Good afternoon sir.
How can one do this?
Our fowl has pox scattered all-over their faces and that red thing on their head is falling apart as if it has rotten.
jflower06:

(1) (Reply)

Fabricated Machines / Hereโ€™s What Happens To Your Body When You Consume Okra! / How To Start Fruit & Vegetable Farming Business In Nigeria Or Africa 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.