Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,517 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:57 AM

Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? (840 Views)

Ayeni Adeyemi David dies while trying to save electrocuted neighbor. PHOTOS / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / "I Don't Know What It's Like To Walk But I Know How To Live"; Disabled Lady. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
There's this guy who moved into the compound like two months ago. Barely two days later, according to him, he started getting sick. He'd complain about cold. The situation has gotten surprisingly worse in recent weeks. He just told me this evening (because he'd been sleeping in church so I haven't seen him in a while) that they said it's pneumonia. According to him and his heavily pregnant wife, if he takes drugs or injection, his heart would lock up. Now, he has trouble walking. He said walking up the single flight of stairs to their apartment is serious anguish. His wife said he'd be seriously gasping for breath after walking up the stairs. His pastor has told him it's a spiritual attack; that that's why the drugs he'd been taking for months now to treat the pneumonia isn't working. He's just lying at the house without knowing what to do again. Personally, I'm wondering if the doctors aren't missing something. Please, if anyone has any experience of what might be happening to this guy, please do share. The main problem, I think, is that injections lock up his heart, according to him and his wife. They seriously need help o.
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by bigl: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2023
ibinaboonline:
There's this guy who moved into the compound like two months ago. Barely two days later, according to him, he started getting sick. He'd complain about cold. The situation has gotten surprisingly worse in recent weeks. He just told me this evening (because he'd been sleeping in church so I haven't seen him in a while) that they said it's pneumonia. According to him and his heavily pregnant wife, if he takes drugs or injection, his heart would lock up. Now, he has trouble walking. He said walking up the single flight of stairs to their apartment is serious anguish. His wife said he'd be seriously gasping for breath after walking up the stairs. His pastor has told him it's a spiritual attack; that that's why the drugs he'd been taking for months now to treat the pneumonia isn't working. He's just lying at the house without knowing what to do again. Personally, I'm wondering if the doctors aren't missing something. Please, if anyone has any experience of what might be happening to this guy, please do share. The main problem, I think, is that injections lock up his heart, according to him and his wife. They seriously need help o.

Tell the guy to leave that pastor and supposed silly church and go to a govt approved hospital so they can run tests and know what is going on in his body.

If he keeps patronising these religious houses, he may die!

5 Likes

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
I already told him something like that. I told him to go to the hospital and still pray. That's when they said he'd been taking medicine for a long time with no improvement. And that his heart locks up when he's given a shot. I suspect they probably don't have any more money to pay doctors.
bigl:

Tell the guy to leave that pastor and supposed silly church and go to a govt approved hospital so they can run tests and know what is going on in his body.

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by Jozilinn: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
That's what killed someone I know about,see leave spiritual for spiritual but medically if you're not strong spiritually please talk medications abeg cos even pastors wives die from illnesses... nobody is God oh,now my guy said God picked engineering for him a lot of us saw him as a medical doctor including me here, but he felt engineering is what God wants from him and now he has More than 10 carry overs I just feel sometimes the voice we might be thinking is God might actually be the devil,a lot of decision I have made would have been averted if I had used my opportunity then now it's regret and planning for tomorrow
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 10:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
The problem is the medications don't seem to work.
Jozilinn:
That's what killed someone I know about,see leave spiritual for spiritual but medically if you're not strong spiritually please talk medications abeg cos even pastors wives die from illnesses... nobody is God oh,now my guy said God picked engineering for him a lot of us saw him as a medical doctor including me here, but he felt engineering is what God wants from him and now he has More than 10 carry overs I just feel sometimes the voice we might be thinking is God might actually be the devil,a lot of decision I have made would have been averted if I had used my opportunity then now it's regret and planning for tomorrow
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 10:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
How can I contact the mods so they can move this to the front page.
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by gaby(m): 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
What tests has he undergone so far from a reputable hospital?

Have they checked his blood sugar level?

If the test results did indeed say pneumonia why isn't he getting admitted and treated for that?

People sabi play kalokalo with their lives well well sha.

Pastor say...Imam say...Dibia say...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by Stawner16(m): 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
bigl:

“Silly church”? Really? I’m not even religious but some of you are so unnecessarily disrespectful towards other people’s beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
I will ask him these questions specifically in the morning.
gaby:
What tests has he undergone so far from a reputable hospital?

Have they checked his blood sugar level?

If the test results did indeed say pneumonia why isn't he getting admitted and treated for that?

People set play kalokalo with their lives well well sha.

Pastor say...Imam say...Dibia say...
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by eepeepook: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2023
You’ve tried your best. If churches are where he believes his healing will come from, leave him to his folly. One less mouth means more resources for all.
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by bigl: 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
Stawner16:

“Silly church”? Really? I’m not even religious but some of you are so unnecessarily disrespectful towards other people’s beliefs.

Yeah, it's a silly church...

By the way, is church a religion or Christianity? You've just failed a simple test.

If you're smart enough to know u don't pour water inside your engine whenever it needs oil, why would u think going to church when sick is a cool decision?

This is the reason a lot of people are dying from simple sickness that could have been cured with common 2 thousand

1 Like

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by bigl: 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2023
ibinaboonline:
I already told him something like that. I told him to go to the hospital and still pray. That's when they said he'd been taking medicine for a long time with no improvement. And that his heart locks up when he's given a shot. I suspect they probably don't have any more money to pay doctors.

Eeya but I still think they are giving him the wrong thing that's why his heart is locking up cos they are treating the symptoms instead of the addressing the root cause of the sickneas.

I'm sure they are using a private hospital ...

By the way, hope you all know we have the following problems :

1. Sicknesses are becoming drug resistant
2. Drugs being manufactured are not as potent as they should be, hence the reason he's not getting better but there are ways to combine the medication which qualified doctors know and will administer and he will get well

1 Like

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by Stawner16(m): 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2023
bigl:

Yeah, it's a silly church...

By the way, is church a religion or Christianity? You've just failed a simple test.

If you're smart enough to know u don't pour water inside your engine whenever it needs oil, why would u think going to church when sick is a cool decision?

This is the reason a lot of people are dying from simple sickness that could have been cured with common 2 thousand

You’ve made a valid point. I’ve never been a fan of the extreme Christianity a lot of people practise in this part of the world. It’s common sense to know you seek help from a hospital when you’re sick. Even the Bible teaches that, but somehow Africans developed their own brand of “faith Christianity”.

1 Like

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
I pray o.
bigl:

Eeya but I still think they are giving him the wrong thing that's why his heart is locking up cos they are treating the symptoms instead of the addressing the root cause of the sickneas.

I'm sure they are using a private hospital ...

By the way, hope you all know we have the following problems :

1. Sicknesses are becoming drug resistant
2. Drugs being manufactured are not as potent as they should be, hence the reason he's not getting better but there are ways to combine the medication which qualified doctors know and will administer and he will get well
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by bigl: 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
ibinaboonline:
I pray o.

I just hope and pray he doesn't lose his life ....

Can u ask him what medications he has been given? And which area be that sef?

I hate being sick and don't wish it for anybody ....
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by bigl: 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
Stawner16:

You’ve made a valid point. I’ve never been a fan of the extreme Christianity a lot of people practise in this part of the world. It’s common sense to know you seek help from a hospital when you’re sick. Even the Bible teaches that, but somehow Africans developed their own brand of “faith Christianity”.

Touché!
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 12:30am On Sep 03, 2023
The guy and his wife have been gone since that morning. I don't really know whether he's at church or hospital.
bigl:

I just hope and pray he doesn't lose his life ....

Can u ask him what medications he has been given? And which area be that sef?

I hate being sick and don't wish it for anybody ....
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by bigl: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
ibinaboonline:
The guy and his wife have been gone since that morning. I don't really know whether he's at church or hospital.

I hope and pray he doesn't lose his life due to ignorance

1 Like

Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by doctokwus: 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
ibinaboonline:
First and foremost,has he gone to a proper hospital and met a proper doctor?
From the bolded,he is clearly heading to what is called heart failure or his heart is having issues.That feeling very tired on mounting a flight of steps is one of the symptoms.He may also have underlying health issues in addition to that.
If he has met a proper doctor,at least by the time he comes complaining that the first course of treatment didn't help,he should have been sent for scans to check the chest and look at the heart and also blood tests.
Even treating someone that presents at first with what you suspect is pneumonia without sending for at least chest x-ray is bad practice,but let's even excuse that.
I can bet anything,if you ask him,that part of the so called injections he got were for treatment for malaria and typhoid because every Nigerian patient that presents to a hospital that is not a surgical case,is always malaria and typhoid treatment first and when they go to another hospital or even same hospital,they treat again for it or tell them the malaria has either returned or is stronger than the first set of drugs given,so they need another set of drugs or they now need "drip".
Your neighbour is dying from something more serious and needs to bring out money to go to a hospital and request to be evaluated properly with series of tests,if not his name is sorry.
I know if he doesn't heed to this advice,the next step is for him to go to the village to be handled "the traditional way",because they are convinced with all the wrong medical management he has received,that it's no longer medical,but spiritual.
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
Hmm. Thanks for this. I'll just call his wife aside and show her this comment.
doctokwus:

First and foremost,has he gone to a proper hospital and met a proper doctor?
From the bolded,he is clearly heading to what is called heart failure or his heart is having issues.That feeling very tired on mounting a flight of steps is one of the symptoms.He may also have underlying health issues in addition to that.
If he has met a proper doctor,at least by the time he comes complaining that the first course of treatment didn't help,he should have been sent for scans to check the chest and look at the heart and also blood tests.
Even treating someone that presents at first with what you suspect is pneumonia without sending for at least chest x-ray is bad practice,but let's even excuse that.
I can bet anything,if you ask him,that part of the so called injections he got were for treatment for malaria and typhoid because every Nigerian patient that presents to a hospital that is not a surgical case,is always malaria and typhoid treatment first and when they go to another hospital or even same hospital,they treat again for it or tell them the malaria has either returned or is stronger than the first set of drugs given,so they need another set of drugs or they now need "drip".
Your neighbour is dying from something more serious and needs to bring out money to go to a hospital and request to be evaluated properly with series of tests,if not his name is sorry.
I know if he doesn't heed to this advice,the next step is for him to go to the village to be handled "the traditional way",because they are convinced with all the wrong medical management he has received,that it's no longer medical,but spiritual.
Re: Please, Do You Know What Is Wrong With This My Neighbor? by ibinaboonline: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
The guy just came back from the hospital this evening. According to him, he finally decided to go the hospital after I spoke with him that evening. He said the doctors found he had 10% blood left, whatever that means. So they gave him blood at the hospital. He says he's starting to feel better, so that's good news.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Prevent Cancer Revealed / Curing And Caring For Acne Naturally / How Do You Treat Bad Breath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.