Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,740 members, 7,905,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

What Do I Do In This Case - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do I Do In This Case (115 Views)

I Need Your Input On This Case Between Me And My Lodge Caretaker / What Will Be Ur Target In This Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do In This Case by RushManni: 12:38am On Sep 02, 2023
Hello all, I seek opinions in this : I want to spend time with family, and yet desire to chase more in my career.

Right from my tertiary days, I haven't spent quality time with family (my siblings and parents) cos I kept travelling to far states cos of academic pursuit.

Now I have a job still outside where they are based, but would soon be posted since I'm still doing training on the job - and of which I may be posted to the state my family is based or also not. So it's 50/50.

But then, in this job I'm doing, which earns me around 200k+, now another twist is there which captures the essence of this thread. And that is, I also desire to switch to a new department which is just starting in the firm I'm working (and also a rare job niche in the world entirely (Enterprise Architecture)), and that would mean a higher pay (more than 200% more than what I'm earning now) but the chances of being posted out is close to impossible - in this one you'll only base here in lag until maybe u resign or something. The idea is that, unlike the current one I'm in of which we can be posted, and I could be sent to the state my family is based, this one that is novel, have not that as an option - as in, posting.

But the pay is huge especially if you gain the experience and maybe go to another firm if you must.

So this is between a bigger stuff vs having time for family.

Right from teen I haven't had that close and intimate time with family in general - most of my siblings were in boarding school and when they were done, I was now travelling in my own tertiary institution journeys.

I feel this emptiness of not having spent this precious time with them.

And, it is even worse cos my sis them would soon get all married - two are married already.

I want to make them feel this touch of a brother - take them out and show them I love them..... I feel this emptiness having not done this.

And for this cause, I refuse to be in any relationship now cos anyone I enter would be marriage since I'm in my early 30's.....

Money isn't everything, I'd think. But the future is bright for that career path (imagine having experience in Enterprise Architecture).

So in this case, what would you do.
Re: What Do I Do In This Case by Chibuzoripob: 12:49am On Sep 02, 2023
sad
Re: What Do I Do In This Case by silvoclaira: 2:10am On Sep 02, 2023
Try and always express the way you feel to them. Family is all we have got

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do In This Case by RushManni: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2023
silvoclaira:
Try and always express the way you feel to them. Family is all we have got

Yeah. But concerning sticking to that of which I might be posted and have to see them face to face or going for that which gives much more earning and would keep me far from them ........ That's where the main ish of choice is.

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy And Sell On The New Facebook Marketplace / Cedar, Consultant, Technician / Illegal Detention: Keke Drivers Demand Compensation From Anambra Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.