Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,102 members, 7,890,633 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Ebonyi: Edda LG Boss To Fly Mass Transit, Improve Agriculture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi: Edda LG Boss To Fly Mass Transit, Improve Agriculture (470 Views)

10,000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edda, Ebonyi State (Photos) / You Must First Resign As APC Chairman Before Asking INEC Boss To -adebayo Shittu / 'Avoid Illicit Affairs With Our Girls Or Face Gods’ Wrath', Agatu LG Boss To NAF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi: Edda LG Boss To Fly Mass Transit, Improve Agriculture by polycarp65: 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
Polycarp Sola-Abakaliki

The chairman of Edda Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Prince Chima Ekuma Nkama has said his administration would launch a council-owned mass transit and improve Agriculture in the next twelve months.

Ekumankama who disclosed this at a stakeholders/ interactive meeting to mark his first anniversary as council boss regretted how the people in the area are suffering especially aged mothers to ride on bikes to travel to Afikpo to see transport to Abakaliki.

"We have done a lot in terms of security, we've done enough in road construction and other areas, but I think most importantly, it pains me to see old mothers riding on bikes for them to travel to Afikpo to see transport to Abakaliki.

"My intention in the next few months is to fly Edda Mass Transit so that they don't need to travel to a distance before going to Abakaliki, or any state in this country, they should be able to do it right from Edda.

"In agriculture, I can make bold to say that I was the first council chairman to distribute farm inputs such as fertilizers, sprayers, and chemicals, and I intend to do more in that sector". He said.

He maintained the need to look for a way outside the oil economy and build a solid Agriculture to move away from waiting for allocation by empowering the sector.

"'We have to empower our farmers to work more, and by the time we get to the dry season we can focus on our roads and other constructions," he added.

The council boss who appreciated the support of various stakeholders in the Edda clan noted that their collaborations have helped ensure peaceful coexistence among the people.

"It appears for a very long time that peace eluded the Edda Clan, and when I came on board I decided to partner with the stakeholders and they've been with me all the way.

"We have been partnering to see how we can move Edda forward, they are all in agreement that they want a peaceful and united Edda".

He noted the improved security of lives and properties at the council and road constructions, and youth empowerment among others was as a result of good and cordial working relationship with the stakeholders.

He affirmed that security has improved in Edda, unlike what it used to be in the previous administration.

The council chairman who used the event to enumerate some of the projects executed to include installation of solar panel street light from Amangwu-Owutu;
Owutu-Ezi Edda; Owutu-Ebunwana.

Projects include, Ebunwana-Ogwuma; Ogwuma- Ekoli Ekoli -Nguzu Edda and some streets in Ekoli Edda others are intervention of Amagbo Ezi-Edda -Amaiyi road and grading of Government school/Onu Nnachi-Asaga-okpuma-Afikpo Road.

(Amangwu); Orienta-Ndiba-Nkporo Road; Ndi ofia Iba Road; Uzo Ifu Ogo Road (Nguzu); Uzo Iyi Ukpa Road (Nguzu); Uzo Iyi Ezi Road (Nguzu); Uzo Eluugwu Road (Nguzu) ;Uzo Amaoji Road (Nguzu); Ette Uzo Road (Nguzu); Uzoubi Amiyi Road (Amiyinta).

Ndi Anumenya Road (owutu); Amekpu Road (Ufueseni); Uzo Ubi Road (Amoso) ;Ukpaiali Eziedda Road (Amoso) ;Ekenta ite -Iyi mmanu Road; Ogbu-Akpughuru Road; Ogbu -Ebunwana Road ;UZO-OBA-OSO Road; Ndi Okpo-Ndi Nnachi/No 2 -Ndi Uche - Amasonta Road; Uzo Owutu -Amaekpu Road.

Achi Nnabeye - Amaebo - Messiah Road; Achinzeikpe-Ebulli-Nsi mmu Road; Asaga Amangwu- owutu road; Amangwu roundabout-eweyi road;
Okpuma primary-okpuma village square
and Rehabilitation of ufueseni-Owutu light.Others including Free Medical outreach for Ndi Edda and to be done quarterly.

The council chairman equally initiated the empowerment of farmers across Edda with fertilizers, sprayers and herbicides; Procurement and distributionof over 50 motorcycles for vigilantes and other security agents in Edda.

Procurement/Distribution of 24 sienna buses for the youths and people of Edda; Procurement/distribution of 10 Corolla vehicles for the legislators in Edda council; Procurement of 1 unit of Camry LE 2009 for the leader of Edda legislative council.

Also, Procurement of Lexus Rx 350 SUV for the vice chairman of Edda LGA; Procurement of 2 Toyota Hiac buses for the council; Reconstruction of the council headquarters at and Nguzu and that of the security building in Edda and Construction of erosion control site at Amagbo Ezi-Edda with heavy drainage system to cushion the effect of the erosion among others.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos & Abuja -world’s Most Expensive Airports With 27 Levies IATA / Profile Of New CBN Governor Nominee Dr Olayemi M Cardoso / Imo APC And Rented Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.