Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,961 members, 7,973,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:11 PM

What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) (50419 Views)

Can You Eat This? (pics/video) / A Big Type Of Fish Seen At A Fish Market (Pictures, Video) / This Weird Snake-Like Fish Is Sweeter Than Catfish β€” See It [Picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
Leopard fish..
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Vladm(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
CandyOps:
Wow! That would be a Spotted Dolphin Camouflage South Perusian Snapper fish. It's is so rare that the early natives of Peru considered it a Totem animal. Also known as sacred animal... and is considered to have abilities to restore Fertility in females trying to conceive.

it would be considered a taboo if you kill it.... If you read this up till this point, I want you to know that I have no effeing idea what d hell I'm talking about cheesy
Good one...
Your humor tops mine

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Properoo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
Murray eel.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by mercysamuelson(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
uuzba post=125595443]
So you already knew the name. So how did you know about THAT fish?
Which school did you attend? Which kind of fishermen do you have in your village?
I need answers!

Everything shouldn't be all about jokes and play. Just because you never heard about that before doesnt mean I shouldn't either.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by MacBuoro(m): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
Wow, are you for real??
This is another breed rarely seen in the "Murray Eel" family. These guys are dangerous in the water. When they catch their preys there's another set of teeth that comes out from inside it's mouth to take in their catch.
officialwdhtv:
What kind of fish/sea animal is this?? πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ€”

It was seen at a sea food market recently.

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwuytjspu1r/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dbUuc-pCaw
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by BabaIbo: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
uuzba:

Ok.
I'll try it with agbalumo fruit.
Let me know whether Google will speak Yoruba today or the whole internet will get error and crash.

You don't get?

You can google search an image by simply uploading the image and searching for it.

That is, just download the image from this post and use reversed image search for it on Google or any other search engine.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by IamAsiri: 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kriss216:

It's being released inside the stomach.

I sincerely wish the OP/his friends have not eaten this poisonous fish.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by IamAsiri: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
BABAawoo47:
it's not, a simple google search shows it's listed as least concern, same category with chicken

Can you share the link of the article that says it is fit for eating?
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by IamAsiri: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
uuzba:

How do you google something, when you don't know the name to write inside google?

Use Google lens.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by uuzba(m): 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
IamAsiri:

Use Google lens.
Wonderful.
Everyone seems to know how to do image search except the mumu OP that posted the image.
This thread should not exist if he had just done this.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Georgejeez: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
byteem:

Its a leopard moray eel.. google it
Use Google lens , snap the pic and scan it with Google lens , the name will appear.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Mohisah: 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
This honeycomb moray i tink.
Very rare.
Nothin 9ja pipu won't eat habaπŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by clintino700(m): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Zebra fish
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by wolebest: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2023
officialwdhtv:

#wetindeyhappentv

It's called Eel
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by BitterTruth01: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
CandyOps:
Wow! That would be a Spotted Dolphin Camouflage South Perusian Snapper fish. It's is so rare that the early natives of Peru considered it a Totem animal. Also known as sacred animal... and is considered to have abilities to restore Fertility in females trying to conceive.

it would be considered a taboo if you kill it.... If you read this up till this point, I want you to know that I have no effeing idea what d hell I'm talking about cheesy

What is this nonsense ?
Look how you’re confidently displaying ignorance and misinformation.

That’s an EEL

Specifically a Honeycomb Moray Eel

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by skj1377(m): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
Omotekun fish
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by planetx: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
BABAawoo47:
that's what i meant. Who said anything about edible cheesy
You mentioned chicken. Which is food and are not classified.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by one4GOD(f): 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
JealousCobra:
It will soon be buried in their stomachs πŸ™„
naija they eat just about everything

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by IPDGP: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
Amotekun fish
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by JealousCobra(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
one4GOD:
naija they eat just about everything

The matter weak me πŸ€”
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by winnah(f): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
Mcreloaded:
Eel fish.
Google is ur friend

that's not true, it's not Eel fish.

this fish looks like a specific type of dolphin
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by lascos912(m): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
imagine the short story on Facebook
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Yettttttunde(f): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
Tigerzebra fish
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Muyiwabiggy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
CandyOps:

Werey
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by Noblemanonpoint: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
I guess the people who bought and cooked that fish should be dead now. It's poisonous, an experienced chef can prepare it but not a gullible muncher who eats any thing he sees.
I'd like to see them catching and eating puffer fish too since it's everything we want to eat in this country.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by legallysly: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
Moray Eel
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by MrCounselor: 1:24am On Sep 06, 2023
officialwdhtv:

#wetindeyhappentv

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laced_moray
The laced moray (Gymnothorax favagineus), also known as the leopard moray, leopard moray eel, tessellate moray or honeycomb moray, is a species of marine fish in the family Muraenidae.
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by eteba(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2023
God forbid Bat thing
Re: What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) by phemziekay09(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2023
CandyOps:

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Banana Leaves On Amazon. (pictures) / Just Bought Cooking Gas For #500 Per Kg. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Trending Video Of Reduced Sachet Water Size In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.