Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,046 members, 7,973,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:30 PM

Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death (416 Views)

Historical Excursion: How Ojukwu Starved Thousands Of Biafran Children To Death / Destroying Age-old Myths About The Yoruba By Reno Omokri / Picture Of Biafran Children Shot To Death In 1968 #may30th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by tamdun: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2023
Myth Four: Awolowo starved Biafran children to death

Radio Biafra and IPOB have also accused Chief Awolowo of using starvation as a means of war. Others have written on my Twitter timeline that Chief Awolowo sent poisonous food to Biafra to kill Igbos. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Why would Chief Awolowo poison the food he sent to Biafra to feed civilians? First and foremost, he had no duty to send food. It was a humanitarian gesture because Chief Awolowo had personal principles. The gesture brought him into conflict with General Gowon and Murtala Muhammed.

You have to understand that Chief Awolowo was a very committed ascetic Christian, as well as an esoteric mystic (I choose not to say more about this), and he could not live with himself as Biafran civilians were dying. The food itself was sent in conjunction with the Red Cross, the World Council of Churches, as well as The Catholic Church through Caritas. Are you telling me the Red Cross and these other bodies would allow Chief Awolowo poison food relief?

That particular propaganda was imitated and spread by a man called Okokon Ndem, a presenter on Radio Biafra. The purpose was to make the civilians, for whom Chief Awolowo intended the food, reject it so that it could be given to Biafran soldiers.

Do you see what the Igbos call okporoko (stockfish)? It was a prominent aspect of the relief materials. That is why and how okporoko became popular in Biafra and Igboland till today. They have Chief Awolowo and the nation of Norway to thank for Okporoko. Before the war, they did not know anything like Okporoko.

Even in Europe, when the Germans surrounded the Russian city of Leningrad for 900 days during the Siege of Leningrad, they did not send in any food. When the Allies surrounded Germany, they also did not send in any food.

During the American Civil War, the Union forces blockaded the Confederate rebels and starved them.

But Chief Awolowo sent food relief to Biafran civilians (which Colonel Ojukwu diverted to Biafran soldiers), and today, rather than gratitude, the children of those he tried to save harbour so much venom against him while spending money with Murtala Muhammed's image. If only they knew what Murtala did to them.

Below is a paragraph of the resignation letter written by Robert S. Goldstein, An American, to Ojukwu. He was Biafra's paid publicist during the Biafran War. Please note what he said about starvation in Biafra.

"I cannot in all conscience serve you any longer. Nor can I be a party to suppressing the fact that your starving thousands have the food, medicine and milk available to them. It can and is ready to be delivered through international organizations to you. Only your constant refusal has stopped its delivery."-Published in various newspapers on August 17, 1968.

Also, see attached news headline.

Every family in former Biafra owes a debt of gratitude to the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Sadly, many parents who should have taught their children this documented history have instead filled them with hatred by regaling them with wartime propaganda.

#TableShaker

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by successmatters(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2023
Reno, they have stopped appointing aides at Abuja, no job for you grin

If you like lick the dirty drug infested bottom of the man at aso Rock for the next 100 years, nothing for you. The biggest thing you will become now is a comedian who sucks the pipi of any reigning politician for small crumbs.

4 Likes

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by helinues: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2023
grin

Chai gbas gbos from every corner. Another one loading tomorrow.

Hahaha, seh gbas gbos no dey tired some people ni

1 Like

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by TemplarLandry: 10:54am On Sep 05, 2023
cool
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by Dpen11(f): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2023
Okay
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by tamdun: 10:56am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:
grin

Chai gbas gbos from every corner. Another one loading tomorrow.

Hahaha, seh gbas gbos no dey tired some people ni
I'm very happy with what reno is doing and he's doing it with fact,na to dey Archive them remain

2 Likes

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by helinues: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2023
tamdun:

I'm very happy with what reno is doing and he's doing it with fact,na to dey Archive them remain

Abi, those who have been fed with wrong history stories can now have a new version to reflect on

1 Like

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by helinues: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

If you like lick the dirty drug infested bottom of the man at aso Rock for 4 years, nothing for you.

Why not dispute what Reno wrote without attacking his personality

1 Like

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by Godwin4444: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2023
ButIdoandIdont:

You still finger your mom?
with what u type it clearly shows the kind of upbringing u have b what u keep in your brain

1 Like

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by successmatters(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:

Reno will never become minister in Nigeria, even if na minister of mouth action grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by tamdun: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

If you like lick the dirty drug infested bottom of the man at aso Rock for 4 years, nothing for you.
Yea,reno dragged Tinubu wella,now it's ur turn,the only thing u can do now is to counter what he said...
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by successmatters(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2023
tamdun:

Yea,reno dragged Tinubu wella,now it's ur turn,the only thing u can do now is to counter what he said...

Reno was the person who exposed the druggie, even the druggie refused to dispute the facts Reno exposed. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by tamdun: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

Reno was the person who exposed the druggie, even the druggie refused to dispute the facts Reno exposed. grin
And same reno went to Chicago university to clear tinubu,isn't God wonderful?
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by successmatters(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2023
tamdun:

And same reno went to Chicago university to clear tinubu,isn't God wonderful?

That's to show you how useless the clown is grin grin grin grin grin

Tomorrow he will be here hailing Ojukwu and Nzeogwu as the biggest heroes in Africa. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by helinues: 11:06am On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

Reno will never become minister in Nigeria, even if na minister of mouth action grin grin grin

Did he tell you personally he wants to become a minister in Nigeria?

Again, why deviating from the topic of discussion?
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by successmatters(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:

Did he tell you personally he wants to become a minister in Nigeria?

Again, why deviating from the topic of discussion?

Reno is doing all these for a reason, he's towing the paths of Alake and Keyamo, but na hunger go finish am las las grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by helinues: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

Reno is doing all these for a reason, he's towing the paths of Alake and Keyamo, but na hunger go finish am las las grin grin grin

Should we say you are talking from experience. That you supporting your principal is because you want to get political appointment?
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by successmatters(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:

Should we say you are talking from experience. That you supporting your principal is because you want to get political appointment?

Am not as hungry as reno, I can feed reno for 2 years with the money I spend on my dogs for 6 months grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by helinues: 11:13am On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

Am not as hungry as reno, I can feed reno for 2 years with the money I spend on my dogs for 6 months grin

True, na so online bullionaires dey roll.

I took a trip to Mars last week, it was a fantastic trip

grin
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by updatechange(m): 11:13am On Sep 05, 2023
Reno don finally bury obidients with their age long propaganda..

I had always known that the Yorubas will put them in their place at a point in time.
Imagine their audacity, from who, to who, by who?
They enjoying overrating themselves and dispel others

You wonder why they are obsessed with Lagos? Look at this..!
No be today them won overtake am from sadyeast lolz

When the tell you β€œremove Lagos and the SW is nothing”, pls show them this.

Southwest economy excluding Lagos is 3X of that of SE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by tamdun: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2023
updatechange:
Reno don finally bury obidients with their age long propaganda
Swear,one of their foreign fighter even resigned because ojukwu refused redcross/awolowo to bring in food for igbo people
Re: Destroying Age Old Myths:Awolowo starved Biafran children to death by tamdun: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:

Toh

(1) (Reply)

#alleyesonjudiciary; Judges Slapped Their Eyes / Fg’s 1,000 Houses: Benue Tribal Leaders Vow To Resist Planned Fulani Colony / Why I Will Die For Tinubu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.