Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,460 members, 7,917,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:16 AM

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? (33531 Views)

Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / I Want To Send My Wife Packing / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Ewedegubbler: 4:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Zeewirld:
..Your niece is a wicked person... Inasmuch as she might be dissatisfied that you brought her to your house without enrolling her in any school...She is a wicked person and might end up harming your family.

You know the issues with men most times is that they are always slow in taking decision most especially when it involves such matters.

Kindly scout for another nanny...

12 year old nanny? U wicked pass the kid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Dancebreaker: 4:11am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me.

2. Been married for like 7 years and we have 3 kids. My wife was on my neck to bring my niece to come stay with us so she can assist with helping to look after the kids once they all return from school.

3. Because I know how many ladies treat children that aren't theirs, I refused to bring my niece over. So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.

4. Weeks after her arrival, my wife started complaining about her attitude and stuff. I refused to yield to my wife's suggestions that I take my niece back. It almost caused quarrel between us.

I felt it was too early to judge her. She's just 12 years old.

Her Attitudes:

A. She would fold and keep pants stained with my 1 year old poop in the laundry basket until it starts bringing out maggots, then we would search the whole house for the source of the foul smell until we find it and throw away affected clothes, disinfect the house and all.

B. She, yesterday wiped my 6 years old son with iron buckle on the belt and his head nearly burst open. He complained of severe headache and we are still treating him.

C. Final straw was, while we were in the office today, my 6 years old started to throw up. He was sick. This girl just laid on the couch and instructed a 6 years old to go fetch the broom, mopping stick and packer to clean the mess.

My son was very weak, but he went to fetch these items and cleaning the vomit. Because he was very sick, he kept on throwing up and cleaning at the same time. All these while, this girl laid there relaxing until my wife came home and washed my son up and cleaned the floor.

When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing.

I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents.

I seriously need advice.

Sorry for the long epistle.

OP, how can I unread what you you wrote there? shocked shocked

So you and your dear Mrs, in the year of our Lord 2023, left your 3 precious little children in the care of a girl of 12 fresh from the village? shocked shocked
Sweet Jesus!

Haba! My brother, if you cannot get a properly trained professional childminder to look after those kids, then you have no business raising those kids o. You have not.

In societies that truly work your jail time go long like Lagos traffic jam. After the children have been taken into care by govt, of course.

Abeg do the right thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Lanretoye(m): 4:12am On Sep 06, 2023
She prays that you make it so she can come and stay with you,not to come and be a nanny.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by worksmart(m): 4:34am On Sep 06, 2023
Send her back sharp sharp!
The first red flag is that she had been wanting from young age to stay with you, which is unusual for a child so young unless she is looking for a softer option than what she was experiencing at home.

Her attitude suggests she came to you feeling entitled.

If she is treating your son like this in your presence I couldn't bear to imagine what happens in your absence. I have witnessed this type of situation and the child was not even being treated as a maid.

Trust and believe that amongst other things she would be eating all the nutritional parts of your children's meals and leaving them to eat only the starchy stuff.

Send her back, this kind child is nothing but trouble and the longer she is with you the more harm she would do to your children.

We don't want you to bring story that touch here in the near future o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Acidosis(m): 4:38am On Sep 06, 2023
eniolorunfe:
Na beg I dey take beg you… please return that young girl back to her parents. You can assist them by sending upkeep to her parents for her.

FYI, when she said she wanted to come stay with you it wasn’t because she wanted you and your wife to turn her to your maid, it was because she wanted you to “spoil her silly” as per big uncle.

Exactly 💯
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by worksmart(m): 4:40am On Sep 06, 2023
Another pathetic white racist exposes themself. Get out of black online forums you pathetic loser! v v
Enculer2:
Is your neice your slave?

Black man with black brain.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by bluefilm: 4:43am On Sep 06, 2023
Send her back immediately.

Or wait till she kills your child, then you will still send her back.

A 12-year old girl with no compassion for smaller kids can only be best described as nothing but a witch in the making ...

3 Likes

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Rolings: 4:47am On Sep 06, 2023
jaeyking:
Why bother to have kids
If you won't train them yourselves and be there to look after them

New generation parents
This question is for you

If you feel you are too busy to do so
Then get a professional nanny to do such duty and not someone's child who might feel maltreated.

Bottom line
Send your niece back to her mother
That's all

Train your child yourself or get a professional (registered) nanny

Cheap labour
That's why many Nigerian parents especially city dwellers who are always too busy to even look after their own children, have decided to turn other people's children especially relative's into slaves . Ask them to get a professional nanny they run.....they prefer those young igede...agatu....idoma...tiv....jukun....Hausa... Togolese....beninoise to professional nanny.
These are the same people planning to japa to go and do professional nanny in the UK or Canada

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by whirlwind7(m): 4:58am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:
1. Right from when she was about three years old, she would always pray for me to make it so she can come stay with me.

2. Been married for like 7 years and we have 3 kids. My wife was on my neck to bring my niece to come stay with us so she can assist with helping to look after the kids once they all return from school.

3. Because I know how many ladies treat children that aren't theirs, I refused to bring my niece over. So after much pressure from my wife, I approached my sister and her husband and pleaded to allow me train her as she'd always prayed.

4. Weeks after her arrival, my wife started complaining about her attitude and stuff. I refused to yield to my wife's suggestions that I take my niece back. It almost caused quarrel between us.

Her Attitudes:

A. She would fold and keep pants stained with my 1 year old poop in the laundry basket until it starts bringing out maggots, then we would search the whole house for the source of the foul smell until we find it and throw away affected clothes, disinfect the house and all.

B. She, yesterday wiped my 6 years old son with iron buckle on the belt and his head nearly burst open. He complained of severe headache and we are still treating him.

C. Final straw was, while we were in the office today, my 6 years old started to throw up. He was sick. This girl just laid on the couch and instructed a 6 years old to go fetch the broom, mopping stick and packer to clean the mess.

My son was very weak, but he went to fetch these items and cleaning the vomit. Because he was very sick, he kept on throwing up and cleaning at the same time. All these while, this girl laid there relaxing until my wife came home and washed my son up and cleaned the floor.

When I came back this evening and learnt about the stuff, I quietly asked her why she'd behaved like that and she said it was nothing.

I really don't know whether to let her stay while I try to coach her or take her back to her parents.

I seriously need advice.

Seriously?

Look at your third point (C) where you described it as the final straw.
Or perhaps you do not know what final straw means?

I'm married, I got kids, and I am still young. In fact, my last child is about 9 weeks old.

When I read stuff like this which shows young, modern men of nowadays are bereft of ideas, are raised wrongly, and got no clue what family life is about, such that little, near insignificant things such as this make them scamper online to seek advice, I get really pissed.

What is happening in your family is a no brainer, and any sensible adult should already know what to do without seeking a second opinion from anyone dead, alive or online.

Take that child back to her parents! Grow a pair, man!
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by enemyofprogress: 5:01am On Sep 06, 2023
You’ve used your hands to buy yourself trouble. If you send her back to her parents, what would be your reason? You don buy market o
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by fineboynl(m): 5:03am On Sep 06, 2023
Send her back for her own good. It looks like she is been maltreated.

New generation parents. Get a nanny and pay her instead of house help.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 5:07am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Lazy couples with heartless like an an1mals. You want a 12 year old kid to start parenting your kids at that tender age? You don't love that innocent little girl at all. You said earlier that she's always prayed for you to make it in your life so that you bring her over, but this is how you want to pay her back for all her prayers over your life. you're not a good uncle. Please return that innocent little infant to her parents before you kill her with over labor. Wicked souls.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:17am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Please send her back whence she came from asap, except you want to come back one day to a dead child or worse.

Pay her school fees while she’s with her parents as answers to her prayers.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Myer(m): 5:18am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Your niece is not the type of material you need as a help.

There really isn't any thing wrong in having a help around to help, especially if you and your wife are overwhelmed. But you can't convert a small girl that is herself still in need of care, help and training to automatically become a help.

1. You can help raise and train your niece as if she were your daughter or send her back if you can't. Hire a good matured help, preferably from trusted person/institution like a good church. Cos so many witches/marine spirits invade homes through helps.

2. You and your wife should be prepared to be intentional parents, knowing that how you handle this foundation of your children's lives will determine who they grow up to become. Please learn from good parents how to be good parents via seminars, church programs, books.

God help and provide all you need to raise a good, godly and prosperous home and family.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by uuzba(m): 5:19am On Sep 06, 2023
Ewedegubbler:

12 year old nanny? U wicked pass the kid
It's olden days mindset.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Acidosis(m): 5:23am On Sep 06, 2023
I wonder why some people continue to take in their nieces and nephews. Even if your intentions are genuinely good, would your niece or nephew perceive it that way? There's a Twitter thread where Nigerians shared their experiences of living with an uncle or aunt; I believe you should take a look at that thread to reconsider your decision as 99.9% had terrible things to say. In fact, you can't read that thread and allow anyone's child grow under your roof.

Believe it or not, this arrangement never ends well. If this girl spends any more time with your family, the kind of stories she'll share about you as she grows up will shock your generation. And no, she won't only share it on twitter but also to her husband, her children... And that's how we continue to raise a highly toxic generation.

Let her go now. Nieces and nephews typically receive the best love and care under their parents' roof and mistakes made by someone else's child can be challenging to overlook.

Finally, only your own children tend to view "discipline" as a part of their upbringing. Disciplining someone else's child under your roof is often perceived as wickedness. Even people who their mama nearly killed them with beating end up buying cars for their mothers. You won't get such privilege.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Henix(m): 5:23am On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=NaijaRealtor post=125606419][/quote]

Get a professional nanny if U and ur wife are too busy to look after ur kids. Send the young girl back to her parents for them to train her just as you are expected to train yours.

In a sane country, u will be charged for child labour. It baffles me how most parents in Nigeria normally expect a child to look after a child, without seeing anything wrong in it.

If u want to contribute to the young girl's welfare, take up the sponsorship of her education by sending her school fees to the parents every academic session. U must not engage her in child labour before being able to contribute to her welfare

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by stevups(m): 5:25am On Sep 06, 2023
You are not training her. You only exploited her. A child that needs training is training your own child. One day she might sniff life out of your baby. She has been frustrated by your kids. She was not used to the level you put her. She is also a baby in the hand of her parents. Someone that is not an orphan! Your wife has left all the house chores to her. Return her asap. She has created a means of transfer of aggression to your children. If you want to discover what I'm telling you, choose a day and pretend as if you have gone to work, give her some assignments to do with your kids around and later go and verify what she's doing.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 5:31am On Sep 06, 2023
Henix:

Get a professional nanny if U and ur wife are too busy to look after ur kids. Send the young girl back to her parents for them to train her just as you are expected to train yours. In sane country, u will be charged for child labor

Don't mind them, can you imagine how the lazy husband and wife want a 12 years kid to be perfect in everything she does.

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by jamesbridget13(f): 5:36am On Sep 06, 2023
Send her back now that ur kids are still alive
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by iHateFraudsters: 5:38am On Sep 06, 2023
Haba na, no.

They're not enough reasons to send her back to the village.

Why don't you wait till she kills one of your kids, ok

Questionnaire.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2023
My dear..you better act now and fast!
Send her back to her parents with this reasons you are seeing now.let the parents be aware and why you are sending her back. Don't stir up issues and controversy with your sister tomorow.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by sajiwere(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2023
While hosting devil's wife? All you narrated is exact Devil 👿 incarnate!

NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by sonofsteven: 5:47am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

My reply will come from knowing the age of the niece

How old is she??
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by falcon01: 5:55am On Sep 06, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
One person should be home. Both parents can not chase money and leaver toddlers for another child. Why are both of you working? Are you not aware that nursing kids is a full time job?

Your niece can be there at your home and be trained as you promised but you need a nanny or a parent at home.
NaijaRealtor
This right here is what you should do.
You promised to train her. Take care if her but ir looks like you turned her to a nanny. One of you should be there and train them all together until she's capable
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Luckysbab: 6:02am On Sep 06, 2023
Omoawoke:

That child is 12! Op is using the child for domestic work

Why did you then shift the blame to his wife?
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:11am On Sep 06, 2023
@naijarealtor ,if I were you, I'll take her back for the interest of your wife and kids.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Chummynoni(m): 6:11am On Sep 06, 2023
One thing is obvious here, the girl is not happy with you and your wife. You people are wicked and not treating the girl well. You didn’t bring the girl in to train her, you brought her in to maltreat her and make her a maid. Ask for forgiveness because you and your wife are inhumane. I can only imagine how your lazy wife impose all the chores on the little girl 🥺🥺

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by Geovanni412(m): 6:15am On Sep 06, 2023
NaijaRealtor:

Her Attitudes:

I seriously need advice.

Op, abeg ,

Dem no dey use sentiment of extended family to address problem with nuclear family

Your child na you born am

His interest should always be first

If you believe keeping your niece and her dirty and heartless way of discipline is in the best interest of your child, continue but discipline her adequately.

If not, send her away . You can send money to her family to support her if you really care that much about her.

My father had 8 siblings and my mom had 9 siblings. Not a single one of my cousins ever lived in my house for an extended period of 1 week even though some of them were abandoned by their mother.

There is no rule that says your family members must live with you.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by adecz: 6:22am On Sep 06, 2023
👿👿👿👿That girl is a naturally wicked soul
and you can't remove wickedness from
somebody born with it...

It will only get worse. Better send her
packing before she commits something
that will become stories that touch the heart💔💔💔.

Maintain a good relationship with her
parents by offering to continue paying her
school fees back in the village.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by skj1377(m): 6:27am On Sep 06, 2023
Oga your guilty of child labour. The girl has a very evil spirit please take her back to her parents before she kills your child. She is a minor so you can't jail her if she does.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? by BabaIbo: 6:31am On Sep 06, 2023
Omoawoke:
This is why I’m working hard day and night, improving myself daily to build a world for my children. A world where they will never be disrespected, a world where they have most of what it takes to live a good life and never lack.
I can bet your niece came from a humble background and the parents are not doing too well and that’s why your wife could treat her badly.

In summary, try get money for this life

And you're busy collecting 5k every election season and you're expecting God to come down and do what you're suppose to do by yourself for you?

Continue o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / Maternity Photoshoot Of A Woman Attending To Her Cravings / What I Witnessed Last Night!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.