Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,806 members, 7,902,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons (25483 Views)

Tribunal Strikes Out Rhodes-Vivour, LP From Jandor’s Petition / Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Eligibility Suit Against Tinubu/Shettima / President Tinubu Gives Macron's Wife A Peck (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by eValmon(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
I wonder how televising this judgement now is convenient for the same "powers that be" who kicked against televising same trial proceedings initially?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by WithFact: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
HarryGleb:
Our judiciary have failed humanity.

INEC FAILED YOU
POLICE FAILED YOU
JUDICIARY FAILED YOU
N/A FAILED YOU
WAEC FAILED YOU.

WHO CAN HELP YOU, FAILURE ?
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Abifarin16: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Using technicalities when the judges all know that APC/Tinubu/Shettima broke the law with Double/invalid nominations. Saying that it is a party matter and should have been filed 14 days after.

Tell us if APC broke the law.

The court of law is not father Christmas, what you don't ask for you will not be given.
APM should have raised the issue about Shattima before the election was held, not after the election has been conducted and won.

Now party have bye laws that governed thier operations.
Shattima VP candidacy was according to the party's bye law subject to being in line with the constitution.

Using place holders is legal in Nigerian politics. BAUCHI governor put a SSA placeholder for his second term to go and contest for presidential primary knowing he would lose and came back to reclaim his position as governor.
PDP cannot tell APC how to run APC If APC's bye laws don't contradict the constitution.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Nursepepeye(f): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
MEGAWATCH:
NIGERIA IS A ROGUE NATION.
exactly ROGUE JUNGLE

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by HarryGleb: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
WithFact:

INEC FAILED YOU
POLICE FAILED YOU
JUDICIARY FAILED YOU
N/A FAILED YOU
WAEC FAILED YOU.

WHO CAN HELP YOU, FAILURE ?
Shatap.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by cardoctor(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
We are slowly getting there
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by izubext007: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2023
tinubu win abeg........................... all eyes on the supreme court
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by MrB0LD(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
firearcher:
Those advocating for justice the most are merely seeking for judgement that rules in their favour and are not interested in the fact or truth of the law.

I honestly want the truth...
Like someone mentioned below, if LP did not come with evidence of rigging, then they have no case, even though I voted Obi. They would have to apologize to Nigerians for riding on our desire and desperation for a better nation for all, where good governance and justice reign, to remain relevant after the elections.
Hope is something that should not be toiled with.
But if the judges dismisses anything based on technicalities and not the law/electoral act,....
Then, they should not tell those beaten not to cry....

Any section of the electoral act invalidated by this judgement should be scraped out and those who passed those laws must give us answers.... Especially that 25% FCT stuff

We shouldn't condole nonsense just because it suits us.

That was what happened in 2012. See how Fayemi was crying in front of Jonathan...

The gullible masses suffering now were also used in 2012. Nigerians shouldn't repeat the bad history of just following a trend, without adequate knowledge to form your own opinion.
Last last, nobody send you.
If you do the right thing, you go join enjoy am, but if you do the wrong thing, na only you go bear am...!
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Addme: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
Otilo
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by djseanjohn77: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
onuman:
Next?
Oya..
Let's see the next technicality to tell us that a presidential candidate does not have to win 25% of votes in the FCT before declared winner, even though the president doubles as governor of FCT.
Let's see the next technicality to justify throwing away the system for electronic transmission of vote results made for transparency in election; but go back to manual transmission of vote results; after spending billions of Naira on Electoral Act of 2022 and on purchase of system for electronic transmission of vote results.
The hole you dig will swallow everyone. Doesn't matter that Tinubu/APC influenced your appointments right from when they sacked CJ Oghenhen.

You people just have your own interpretation in dumbness and seek to validate falsehood without any objectivity. First, the president does not double as both the President and governor, instead the FCT Minister is the governor of FCT, but una no get sense to understand, as most of your are either voting for the first time, or are simply follow follow lazy frustrated youths.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2023
Tinubu the Jagaban your head is there.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by mrteee: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2023
HarryGleb:

OooKkkkkkkk....

So, you have removed your own eyes on the Judiciary
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
Abifarin16:

The court of law is not father Christmas, what you don't ask for you will not be given.
APM should have raised the issue about Shattima before the election was held, not after the election has been conducted and won.

Now party have bye laws that governed thier operations.
Shattima VP candidacy was according to the party's bye law subject to being in line with the constitution.

Using place holders is legal in Nigerian politics. BAUCHI governor put a SSA placeholder for his second term to go and contest for presidential primary knowing he would lose and came back to reclaim his position as governor.
PDP cannot tell APC how to run APC If APC's bye laws don't contradict the constitution.

There is no father Christmas here. Did APC make an illegal nomination of Shettima? The answer is yes.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
Shantyken:

Buy a copy of constitution, read it carefully then come back and answer the question again

Mediocre reply.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Shantyken(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Mediocre reply.

Truth is bitter
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Shantyken:

Truth is bitter

There is no relation to truth in your post.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Emmizay12(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
I told people,, if Obi cannot rig elections, he will never become president of Nigeria,

Man's too soft, Tinubu understands Nigeria wayy more than Atiku and Obi, that is why he won
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Shantyken(m): 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

There is no relation to truth in your post.
Really, so wat was my offense telling him to buy a copy of constitution so that he can always chec6the sections, subsections whenever someone refer it to him. You decided to insult me this hot afternoon and on my birthday. Wetin I do u
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by francisobiabo(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
I couldn't agree with you less
MT:

You made a mistake resting.

If you had watched it, you would have been tracking Atiku and Obi to give them senseless beatings for giving you false hopes.

Their petitions are comical as firmly established by the Tribunal.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Abifarin16: 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

There is no father Christmas here. Did APC make an illegal nomination of Shettima? The answer is yes.

How?
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2023
Shantyken:

Really, so wat was my offense telling him to buy a copy of constitution so that he can always chec6the sections, subsections whenever someone refer it to him. You decided to insult me this hot afternoon and on my birthday. Wetin I do u

I did not insult you. I said your comment was mediocre, not of good quality.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
Abifarin16:

How?

That is the question asked and the court did not answer. Dismissing on technicalities.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Shantyken(m): 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I did not insult you. I said your comment was mediocre, not of good quality.

OK sir
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by onuman: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
djseanjohn77:

You people just have your own interpretation in dumbness and seek to validate falsehood without any objectivity. First, the president does not double as both the President and governor, instead the FCT Minister is the governor of FCT, but una no get sense to understand, as most of your are either voting for the first time, or are simply follow follow lazy frustrated youths.
The president governs Abuja.
FCT Chairman is like Mayor of Abuja.
You people are most roguish in misinterpretation of the constitution.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Hakiim: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
What humanity have the judiciary failed? This is one thing that amaze me about this so called Obidient group. The appeal court gave a judgement with reasons but to you, since it did not go your way, they have failed humanity.
You have equally failed your generation and the investment on your education to have reasoned in this manner.
HarryGleb:
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Timmi: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

Source: PLAC

Incompetent lawyers and SANs that went through school paying their lecturers and became SANs by distributing envelopes. See how the panel disgraced all of them and their silly looking wigs on their head. No experience in the matter of law and lack of competency in the relevant section of the law. I feel sorry for the Nigerian Law School that birth these kinds of imbecilic lawyers.
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by francisobiabo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
You nailed it
casualobserver:
Those with common sense know all three petitions by APM, LP and PDP will be dismissed. The most ridiculous of them was the petition by LP. You made no effort to prove you actually won the election, you came third and did not join the person who came second in your suit, your entire petition is based on matters that are statute barred (e.g things that happened 10 yrs ago) or in which you have no locus standi ( what is your business in who another party nominates to stand in an election, irrelevancies that have already been determined (irev has no basis in determining the result of an election..only EC8 and so on. 25% of FCT when the law states no one can have a vote that is more important than another simply because of where you reside.

This petition especially by LP was just an attempt to remain in the headlines and t9mexcite the base. Legally it was always going to be shut down!!

Show how you won the election and were rigged….you didn’t even make any attempt…..and you are shouting stolen mandate up and down!!!
Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by Mansunny: 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
Charismatic107:
Wailing go full ground today grin
people go cry taya

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons by eneyoduke(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
If this was the initial Judgement, why was it delay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Rejects Nasarawa Governorship Poll’s Result / Senator Dino Melaye Releases New Song Live From His Home (video) / NPA's Claim For Shutting Down BUA Terminal Busted - Politics Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.