Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,063 members, 7,970,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:17 AM

Broken Love (Chapter 1 & 2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Love (Chapter 1 & 2) (597 Views)

Just For Love (Chapter 1) / My Village Love (Chapter 1) / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Broken Love (Chapter 1 & 2) by Storymack: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2023
The alarm on Lucas's clock rang so loudly, and he squeeze his face trying to turn off the alarm. But his eyes widen immediately he saw the time. He gasped and got down from the bed, and dashed into the bathroom.

He brushed his teeth in a hurry, and also took his bath in a hurry. He didn't wash his hair, because he'd spend time drying his hair. He hurriedly put on his uniform, and rushed out of his room.

"Lucas, come and join us for breakfast" His mom, Vivian said.

"Sorry mom, can't eat, I am late" Lucas said in a rush and quickly left the house.

"Why is he in a hurry to leave?" Vivian muttered dropping the plate of baton on the table.

"He is a rush because he has to take Jane to school" Grace, Lucas younger sister said. She is fourteen years old, and Lucas is three years older than her.

"Even so he should have had something to eat" Vivian said, sitting down on the dining chair.

"Have you forgotten Jane is blind? Lucas is her best friend, so he has to help her out since they both attend the same school" Grace said, eating.

"Why aren't you preparing for school?"

"I'm suffering from menstrual cramps, so I won't be able to pay attention if I go to school today" Grace said, holding her tommy.

"You always have an excuse to give" Vivian said, and Grace giggle.

Lucas had a smiling face as he ran towards Jane's house. He was sweating all over, but he never stopped running until he got to her house.

"Good morning Mrs. Roseline" Lucas greeted Jane's Mom with a cheerful smile.

"Morning Lucas. Don't tell me you ran all the way here again" Roseline said, and Lucas smiled.

"Where's Jane?"

"She's inside. She has been waiting for you" Roseline said, and Lucas smiled before going to Jane's room. He opened the door slightly and sees Jane trying to pack her hair into a ponytail. He smiled before entering the room fully.

"Let me help you with that" He said taking the hairband from her, and Jane smiled, recognizing her best friend's voice. Since she couldn't see, she uses people's voice to identify who they are.

"All done" Lucas said brushing her hair.

"Thanks Lucas. You are kind of panting, did you ran all the way to my house?" She asked. Lucas took in his lips before answering.

"No I didn't" He lied.

Jane searched for his face, and when she felt sweats in his face, she frowned. "Are you lying to me because I can't see? You're sweating so much. Why did you lie to me, Lucas? Are you making fun of me because I can't see?" Jane asked sadly, and Lucas wrapped his hand around her shoulder.

"I am sorry bestie. I didn't want you to worry about me" He said.

"It'd have been better if you have told me the truth. You shouldn't be running every morning just because of me"

"I'm not complaining Jane, beside it's part of exercise to build my biceps" He said, and Jane smiled.

"Don't ever lie to me again, okay"

"Fine I won't. But there's one thing I will never lie to you about"

"Which is?" Jane asked.

"Your stunning beauty" He whispered to her, and Jane smiled.

"You are not the first person to tell me that, Lucas. I wish I could see what everyone has been complimenting about" She said, sadly.

"Don't be sad Jane. When I become a successful surgeon, I am going to have your eyes fixed, and you will be able to see what the world looks like, and also to see how beautiful you are"

"Then I can't wait"

"Just be patient Bestie. I have only few months in highschool, and after I graduate, I will go to med school, and I will study so hard, so I can fix your eyes without any difficulties"

"And when that time comes, I will be able to own a popular modeling industry" Jane said with so much excitement on her face, and Lucas smiled.

"Are you ready to go to school?" He asked, and Jane nodded her head. Lucas took her hand, and they both left the house after Roseline has packed Jane's lunch. Even if Jane was blind, she goes to a normal school, and because she is blind she takes oral tests and exams unlike other students who writes with papers and pen.

••••••

≤ THE MCBROOM'S MANSION ≥

Maids bows their heads immediately Adrian came down from the car. He has a genuine smile on his face, as he looked around the beautiful mansion. He was just coming back to his town after schooling in Hong Kong for six years.

"My baby!" Rebecca shrieked in excitement, when she came out from the house.

"Mom!" Adrian laugh rushing to hug his mom.

"How have you been son?" Rebecca asked smiling.

"I have been the same just like I have left six years ago" He said, smiling.

"You look so handsome and tall now son. I can't even recognize you" Rebecca said, and Adrian laugh.

"I am still your baby mom, and I will always be your baby" Adrian said, and Rebecca giggled.

"Let's go in son. You should eat and have some rest. My baby is finally back to me!" Rebecca said, and Adrian laugh again, making him look so handsome.

••••

"You are really doing a great job in this town mom. I could hardly recognize it. Everything has changed from the way it use to be" Adrian said as he ate with his mom in their glamorous dinning table, worth millions of dollars for its decorations.

"This town belongs to your late dad, Adrian, and I promise him on his dying bed that I was going to rule this town just like he did"

"You indeed kept to his promise. You are the best mom" Adrian said giving her a high thumbs up, and Rebecca smile.

"So now that you're back in Dashie, what's your plan?" She asked.

"Well since I am done with high school, I'd like to take up medicine as a course" Adrian said.

"Medicine?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah. I have always want to become a surgeon. There are many people out there who are afraid to show themselves to the world because of the way they look. I want to help them become beautiful, so they can be confident in showing themselves to the world. We also have the blinds too, they have lots of dreams to fulfill, but they can't do that because they're unable to see, I want to help them out by helping them see again" Adrian said.

"Wow, that impressive son. But you're just 17 years old. Don't you think you should spend sometime with me before leaving again?" Rebecca asked sadly and Adrian smiled.

"Don't worry mom, I am not planning on entering med school now, so you have me all to yourself"

"I like the sound of that" Rebecca said, and they both laugh.

"Why aren't you asking about her?" She asked a few minutes after the laugh died down.

"Who?" Adrian asked, eating.

"Debra. I thought she'd be the first person you will ask of"

"We already broke up"

"Huh!!!"

Cameras clinks on Debra's face as she post s*xily in front of the camera. She's a teen model, since she's sixteen years old. She's no doubt from a rich family like Adrian.

"We're done with the photoshoot, Debra" The cameraman said, and Debra put on her shades before leaving the studio. She's not popular yet, because she's hasn't debut fully.

Debra took off her shades when she enter the car. "Take me home, I have no plans on going back to school" She said resting her head on the headrest.

"Have you heard?" Her driver asked.

"Heard about what?" She answered his question with a question.

"Adrian is back"

"Really? Then I have to go to the spa. Take me to the spa" She said, smiling.

"Why?"

"Are you seriously asking me that? I have to look good my boyfriend is back!"

"Have you forgotten you broke up with him? You called him and told him it was over between you two. He called you several times after the breakup, but you snubbed him, and now you're calling him your boyfriend?" The driver asked.

"I broke up with him because I couldn't handle long distance relationship, but now that he is back, I am going to get back together with him. So do your job and take me to the spa!"

"Your wish is my command" The driver said, and starts the car, while Debra laid back on the headrest, pressing her phone.

Jane sat down on her seat waiting for Lucas to come get her. She'd have left the class on her own, but Lucas has strictly warn her not to leave her class without him.

"I wonder what is keeping him" Jane muttered to herself.

"Look who will have here. It's Jane, the blind girl"

"Stephanie" Jane muttered, recognizing her voice. Stephanie is her classmate.

"Yeah that's me. Are you by chance waiting for Lucas?" She asked.

"Yes. He told me to wait for him" Jane answered innocently.

"I'm afraid you will be the only one here in class if you continue waiting for Lucas"

"W-why?"

"I heard they're having extra lessons because they're already in their final year in highschool. The lessons will take a lot of time, but I can take you home. I'm visiting a friend of mine close to your house, we can go home together, I will guide you" Stephanie said smiling.

"It's fine Stephanie. I will just wait for Lucas" Jane said, but Stephanie held her hand.

"I know we're not close, but I am trying to be of help. You are blind, and since I have sight, I want to render my help to you" Stephanie said, and Jane smiled.

"Thank you, Stephanie"

"It's nothing, let's go" Stephanie said, leaving the class with innocent Jane.

"Where are we Stephanie? It's so quiet here, it's usually busy anytime I go home with Lucas" Jane said.

"We're just following a short cut Jane. I will take you home safely" Stephanie said and smirked dangerously. Jane having no eyes to see where they were going kept following Stephanie, until she push her to the ground.

"Why did you push me?" Jane asked spreading her hands widely, hoping she'd touch Stephanie.

"You are not just blind, but stupid too. Do you possibly think I was going to help you return home after you have stolen my spotlight?" Stephanie asked angrily.

"What do you mean by that Stephanie? I'm blind, how can I steal your spotlight"

"Yes you're blind, and blind people like you shouldn't be going to a normal school when you can't even see. My parents scolded me so hard, because a blind girl keeps getting more grades than me. I hate you so much Jane, so after you die today, no one will know I was responsible for it"

"What are you saying, Stephanie?" Jane asked, and the next thing she heard was the sound of a train.

"Stephanie that's the sound of a train coming. Please take me out of here!" Jane said, fearfully, holding her chest. Anytime she is scared, she's feels lots of pains in her chest, and can hardly breathe.

"I won't have brought you here if I was going to help you afterwards. After you die today, you should ask God to give you sight in your next life" Stephanie said, walking away.

"Stephanie, please don't leave me here!. Someone please help me!" She cried, as the pains in her chest increased. She became more scared when the sound of the train was getting louder. She couldn't see, so she couldn't tell if the train was already getting closer to her.

She closed her eyes in tears ready to accept her death. There was nothing to live for, since she was blind. This was what she thought before closing her eyes. Just as the train was getting close to her, a hand pulled her away from the train's level crossing.

Both landed on the ground and Jane's head fell on his chest. She opened her eyes, but the only thing she could see was darkness.

"Are you alright?" Adrian asked.

His voice wasn't familiar, so she got scared after hearing his voice. "Don't harm me I beg of you. I'm just an innocent girl who is blind" Jane said crying and at the same time trying to catch her breath, holding her chest.

"I'm not a bad person. I just saved your life" He said, looking at her beautiful face.

"You save my life..... Thank you" She muttered. Her eyes became blurry and her head landed back on his chest. Adrian looked at the fainted Jane, and before he could say a word, his heart skipped a beat.

TO Be Continued https://storymack.com.ng/broken-love-chapter-3-4/

(1) (Reply)

Thanks Micmrgan For This Wonderful Recommendation / Http://naijaafricanjobs.com/ / A Lyricist/songwriter In The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.