Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,183 members, 7,890,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

Study Tips - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study Tips (86 Views)

Top 10 Study Tips To Crack Any Test In No Time / 7 Study Tips To Improve Your Learning At The National Open University Of Nigeria / 12 Effective Study Tips For All Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Study Tips by Deiyvismiwa: 11:16am On Sep 07, 2023
So, my dad recently returned to school to get another certification in his field. My dad has always been an advocate for education. He loves learning, which I got from him; learning is one of my favourite things. However, back to my dad, he was so excited about this course that he undertook it for months, even though it often interfered with his work schedule and was hectic.

Fast forward to the time for the exam, and he had so much confidence because he wasn’t nervous about having to write exams. However, lo and behold, he forgot absolutely everything he had read for his first paper. He was upset because it was so unlike him, so when he got home, I talked with him about it, and we tried to identify things he could have done better.

We realised that he did everything right, including creating a study schedule, finding a quiet study environment, testing himself regularly, and taking effective notes to break down the material. Still, he forgot the most important thing: prioritising sleep and staying hydrated. Due to his busy schedule, he was so focused on reading whenever he could, and his brain was exhausted.

So to my fellow students, in as much as you have to burn the midnight oil, always remember to rest enough so your brain doesn't fall asleep on you in the exam hall.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Countries To Live And Work / How To Setup Textplus Account | Error Fix 2023 / Freesami.com.ng: Revolutionizing Tech And Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.