Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion (243 Views)

Is Church Wedding Important? / Is White Wedding Biblical? / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by joewychampion(m): 9:40am On Sep 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvpX8T8CIbY
What is the Origin of Church weddings? what are the reasons behind church weddings? what Bible passage supports church weddings? does church weddings guarantee a successful and happy marriage?
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by finegirl233: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2023
Too many questions.

There is so many instances concerning weddings in the bible, Jesus christ himself attended one and lend a helping hand when there was shortage of wine, i hope you believe that Jesus cannot go to a gathering that did not glorify God.

As per a marriage been happy and successful, it lies solely with the individuals involved because man has a freewill. I think its time we stop associating our failures to the church.

My one cent.
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by joewychampion(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2023
is church wedding in the Bible thats the question im trying to answer here
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by MightySparrow: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2023
Yes.
1Cor.14.40 -
Let all things be done decently and in order.
Marriage is an institution established by God himself. In the Law of Moses, it has rules and regulations and festivities.

In the New Testament, Jesus attended a wedding. The wedding was done according to the Jewish tradition. Christianity is not built on Jewish tradition.

The church must evolve a tradition of it's own. Mind you tradition is an evolving phenomenon.
For naming, birthday, wedding, burial, all these are taking seriously in any society. It may not mean much to God but since it is not a sin also pointed out by Him, it is acceptable.

I know someone may say, It is not clearly stated in the New Testament. Yet it is a thing of honour to marry.
Every society has tradition so is church!
If it is done to bring decency to marital issues in the church.
I think it is scriptural.

2Cor.3.2 - Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
2Cor.3.3 - Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

There are two types of scriptures: the written on pages of books and the lifestyle and tradition of the church derived from the written.

My submission.
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
joewychampion:
What is the Origin of Church weddings? what are the reasons behind church weddings? what Bible passage supports church weddings? does church weddings guarantee a successful and happy marriage?
There is absolutely nothing biblical about the subject as different cultures and traditions celebrate their marriages as they choose. Your church cultures and traditions are no different and have no sanctions from God who instead said your marriages — and all that goes along with them — are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Genesis 3 vs 16 & Luke 20 vs 34 -36. undecided

So, as far as origins, church weddings are rooted in the traditions and cultures of men incorporated into church rituals equally for profit. undecided
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2023
finegirl233:
Too many questions. There is so many instances concerning weddings in the bible, Jesus christ himself attended one and lend a helping hand when there was shortage of wine, i hope you believe that Jesus cannot go to a gathering that did not glorify God. As per a marriage been happy and successful, it lies solely with the individuals involved because man has a freewill. I think its time we stop associating our failures to the church.
My one cent.
The instances you read of in your bible are linked to specific cultures and traditions of the people involved, right? That Jesus Christ was invited to a wedding were he made wine from water, is not the same as Jesus Christ recommending weddings and all. So, unless Jesus Christ specifically said you are to adopt a particular people's culture or traditions in the same bible, I don't believe it is sane to conclude that the mention of weddings has to do with Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

That said, what Jesus Christ is recorded to have said is instead that your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34-36 in recognition of God's curse against marriage and childbearing in Genesis 3 vs 16. God literally washed His hands off those two issues, leaving it up to men to decide for themselves as they see fit. undecided
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by delkuf(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The instances you read of in your bible are linked to specific cultures and traditions of the people involved, right? That Jesus Christ was invited to a wedding were he made wine from water, is not the same as Jesus Christ recommending weddings and all. So, unless Jesus Christ specifically said you are to adopt a particular people's culture or traditions in the same bible, I don't believe it is sane to conclude that the mention of weddings has to do with Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

That said, what Jesus Christ is recorded to have said is instead that your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34-36 in recognition of God's curse against marriage and childbearing in Genesis 3 vs 16. God literally washed His hands off those two issues, leaving it up to men to decide for themselves as they see fit. undecided
The culture and traditions of people in the bible. And the fact that if the Lord Jesus Christ, whom we all look up attended a wedding that means church weddings is biblical
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
delkuf:
The culture and traditions of people in the bible. And the fact that if the Lord Jesus Christ, whom we all look up attended a wedding that means church weddings is biblical
The way you religious folks reason scares the shite out of me most of the times. What you are insinuating is that because Jesus Christ attended a wedding to which he was invited, it should then follow that what Jesus Christ said of marriages(weddings included) no longer constitutes the Truth of God. Am I correct? undecided
Re: Is Church Wedding Biblical - Joe Champion by TenQ: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2023
joewychampion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvpX8T8CIbY
Every kind of wedding is biblical except it is a joke wedding.

A Christian can choose to get married
1. In the Church
2. In the Registry
3. Traditionally
As long as it is not in the name of any idol and is their chosen Final wedding rite.

Even though no Christian will marry under the God of Islam (Allah), God recognises marriages done by Muslims in their mosques

God respect every marrige ordinance of Man.

Fornication is when people who have not concluded the Final Wedding Rites begin to have sex with each other.

(1) (Reply)

Message To God / Pastor Adeboye Said This While Delivering Prophecies For The New Year At The Chu / It's Time To Rebuild Our Personal Altars!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.