Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,059 members, 7,912,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:18 PM

Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) (546 Views)

Adamu Adamu Ignores Buhari On Appointment Of Rector For Fed Poly, Offa / Delta Poly Students Celebrate Exit Of Rector By Sweeping Main Gate (Pictures) / Federal Government Makes U-turn Decision Over Resumption Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by kitikisa: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2023
The Osun State government has directed staff and students of the State Polytechnic in Iree to proceed on a two-week break, citing the resumption of Tajudeen Odetayo, the suspended rector, as the reason for its action.
Odetayo was suspended in July by the state government on account of alleged financial recklessness and abuse of office.
He was subsequently replaced with Kehinde Adeyemi in an acting capacity, while a committee was constituted to investigate allegations against him.

NAN reports that Dipo Eluwole, state commissioner of education, announced the closure in a statement on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/standard_ngr/status/1700080284593504260?s=20

Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by GeneralPula: 10:59am On Sep 08, 2023
And they had to close the school and not just re-suspend the rector?

Nah students employ rector?

1 Like

Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by Opanka44(m): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2023
Better!

That thief of a Rector must go!

1 Like

Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by seborrhic: 11:02am On Sep 08, 2023
The story is as confusing as it's comical and can only happen in Nigeria,amongst a few other orderless countries:a state goverment suspended the Rector of a Polytechnic fully owned by that same state government and appointed a new rector.
Then,the suspended rector whose salary is paid by the state goverment,office run by the government and who sat in the office at the behest of the state goverment,resumes office while the new rector was already running the institution.
What does the state government do?Close the school!
Not because of a riot,not because of an endemic health crisis in the School,not because of cultists running amok,but because of one man!!
Unless I am reading a different story,this is too comical to digest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by Blackdeewhy(m): 11:25am On Sep 08, 2023
It is well
Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2023
seborrhic:
The story is as confusing as it's comical and can only happen in Nigeria,amongst a few other orderless countries:a state goverment suspended the Rector of a Polytechnic fully owned by that same state government and appointed a new rector.
Then,the suspended rector whose salary is paid by the state goverment,office run by the government and who sat in the office at the behest of the state goverment,resumes office while the new rector was already running the institution.
What does the state government do?Close that the school.Not because of a riot,not because of an endemic health crisis in the School,not because of cultists running amok,but because of one man!!
I'm on my way to send the VC of Osun State University out of office so I can take charge. Expect the closure of the school soon.
This Adeleke no dey try at al, close sch because a staff under suspension refused to stay under suspension?
Maybe e get something wey we no know

1 Like

Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by Krak(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2023
I believe there is much more to this story. Let me wait for more details before I give my verdict.
Re: Osun Shuts Iree Poly Over Resumption Of Rector Suspended For ‘fraud’ (picture) by CJStarz: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
seborrhic:
Then,the suspended rector whose salary is paid by the state goverment,office run by the government and who sat in the office at the behest of the state goverment,resumes office while the new rector was already running the
institution.
What does the state government do?Close
that the school.Not because of a riot,not because of an endemic health crisis in the School,not because of cultists running amok,but because of one man!!

Shebi dem say Osun state na im get the highest number of Professors abi educated persons? I no understand

(1) (Reply)

Win ₦500,000 Online Quiz / 5 Top Electric Vehicle Stocks For Sustainable Returns [Latest] / Go Into The Next 10 Years To Imagine These 2 Things Then Decide Where You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.